1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

College Suggestions

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Kayla, Mar 6, 2004.

1. lizzybee

lizzybee New Member

OOO OOO I vote for Northland;) I was going to add the website but I just saw it's was added by the previous poster.

If you're wanting an education to teach in a Christian school, Northland will be a wonderful place.
    They are currently being accredited by TRACS Trans-National Association of Christian Schools--It is an awesome place where the Spirit of God is evident from those highest up down to the students!

hth
    Malissa

2. Enoch

Enoch New Member

3. drklaus

drklaus New Member

Ambassador Baptist College, Lattimore, NC

It is a strong, ministry minded school training young people to have a heart for the Word of God, people and serving. I go there and would suggest it to any one with a heart for the Lord.

www.ambassadors.edu

4. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kayla, if you want a Christian college that espouses a Christian worldview in all disciplines, I highly recommend to you Union University in Tennessee. They have a very thorough teacher preparation program. Not only are you expected to meet a minimum GPA, Praxis score, etc, before taking teacher certification courses; there is alot of screening and portfolio assessment done to see how you will serve as a potential teacher.

weblink is www.uu.edu

5. dr396

dr396 New Member

Kayla,

I would like to second Speedpass' suggestion. I graduated from Union in '99 and my education is worth more every day. The President of the school is David Dockery, one of the foremost scholars in all of evangelicalism (not to mention a prolific writer -- he's written or edited over 100 books and articles). They have a great education program, from which many of my friends graduated and have had no problem getting jobs.

Also they have a program in place that will prepare you for seminary (specifically Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY) should you choose to go, which I suggest because they have a special degree in Chrisian school leadership. This degree is geared toward those who want to work in Christian schools. Also, there are several Christian schools in Louisville which are based upon classical training and a professor at the seminary which started a classic school in North Carolina. There is also a classic school in Jackson, TN (where Union is located) that is run by some Union professors.

Overall, if Christian education is what you want to do and feel God is calling you to, then this seems to be a route very much geared to you. Check out Union's website. I also have some close friends who are admissions counselors there and a fraternity brother who is the head of financial aid if you need any help in that direction.

Southern Seminary's website is www.sbts.edu. You can look at the catalog online is you want to see that degree. Hope all this helps,

D.R.

6. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Cedarville is awesome. It can be expensive, as are most colleges, but the education is incredible, I doubt you could find higher academics at a Christian school, and you'd have a hard time at a secular school too.

7. hactonv

hactonv New Member

Dear Kayla,

I just finished my ffth year of college! I have one degree and am working on a second degree!

My advice for you is to figure out what you want! You said a Christian School teacher!
    My 1st degree was in El. Education!

Going to college gives you a piece of paper! You really learn it out where you work!
    Though lots of folks will disagree with me... I say Hyles-Anderson College. The classes are easy to pass...but the weekend is the tough part! But that is what you want training in!
    The only concern for girls with HAC is that it dosen't prepare you for the real world, and I do agree with that! I came home to our Community college and what a wake up call! But I think that all Christian colleges do that to thier students!
    Good luck with your education!!!

8. LandonL

LandonL New Member

Just a little Oklahoma Baptist University student speakin' up here. [​IMG] The education program is top-notch and we're one of the best and cheapest liberal arts universities in the US.

http://www.okbu.edu

9. arnold

arnold New Member

Yeah, the food there is great. I gained 10 lbs my freshman year!

10. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Another great Christian School is Bryan college in Dayton, TN. They are great academically, very small - only 600 students or so, beautiful campus and very conservative. Many of their graduates go on to Dallas Seminary. They are also great in education and the sciences.

Dayton being the site of the scopes monkey trial, Bryan has dedicated themselves to a strong creation science center.

If you are into athletics, Bryan has historically had very strong soccer teams (men and women) BBall, Voilleyball, baseball and tennis.

I think thier website is Bryan.edu

11. Kayla

Kayla New Member

I am seriously considering Crown College in Powell, TN. They have a very nice program, I am going to visit soon.

12. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

I was just accepted to Crown.