1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Colorado Rockies Players Deny Being Christians

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Nicholas25, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I ask again in a new thread, what do you guys think about many of these players being upset that they were mentioned in the Christian article about the Rockies in the USA Today paper. Would a true Christian be ashamed of this?

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Is there a link to the article?

3. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

You can go to baseballchapel.org and find the USA Today article. After that you can find related articles on any search engine. Todd Helton even went so far as to say, I have Maxum in the clubhouse or I'm a subscriber to Maxum or something like that. It's like he though being a Christian was going to take away from his manhood. I don't think true Christians would be ashamed of Jesus Christ.

4. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

Thats's NOT what Helton said!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: He said someone sent him a Maxum magazine as a joke. Please research the facts before you post such accusations against a christian brother. :tear: Helton regularly attend team chapel services and Bible studies.

#4 ChurchBoy, Jun 29, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  5. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

Please provide an article where Rockies' players wee upset. Thank you...

6. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

I guess I spoke too soon. I aplogize. Helton does indeed get Maxim mailed to the clubhouse...