1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Colt McCoy

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Dec 7, 2009.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The media talks a lot about the fine example that Tim Tebow sets. It's good to see that another Heisman Trophy candidate also sets a fine example - Colt McCoy:

"Religion is an important part of Colt McCoy's life. He is a member of the Church of Christ, and attends Westover Hills Church of Christ in Austin, Texas. When living in Buffalo Gap, Texas, Colt attended and was very involved with the Oldham Lane Church of Christ. McCoy has participated in a church youth group since 2002. His work has included landscaping yards for the elderly, visiting nursing homes, helping with meals on wheels and ministry. Fellow quarterback Tim Tebow said of McCoy, "I was really proud of him because I think he represents college football and his faith extremely well, too, which I really respect as well. I think he's done a good job with everything he's going through."

He enjoys hunting, fishing, and playing golf. On May 29, 2006, Colt McCoy swam 300 yards across a lake to help save the life of Ken Herrington who was having a seizure on a small dock that extended into the privately owned lake.

While in Astin, Texas, Colt is active in the UT community service program including visits to the Austin's Children's Hospital and volunteering at the Children's Miracle Network telethon. Since 2004, he has also spent three days a week reading to elementary school children and tutoring underprivileged children."

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_McCoy#Personal_life