1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Columbia Evangelical Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Paul1611, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Paul1611

Paul1611 New Member

I spoke with with Mr. Walston today over the telephone and asked him about Bethany. I didnt ask him if he received any degrees from Bethany, but I did ask him what he thought about the school in general. Mr. Walston told me that he thought Bethany was a "good school", and that Bethany uses some of the same material that accredited schools use. The only negative thing that Mr. Walston said about Bethany was that about fifty percent of their professors have degrees from Bethany, while the other fifty percent hold degrees from other schools, some accredited and some not. But I was surprised that he called it a "good school", I have heard it called a degree mill many times on the BB.

2. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paid Reponse

Hey Paid,

I know that what you said about Greenwich was in a parenthesis, but they are still in business. Here is the web page address. This is FYI and not for argument or critique.

http://www.gre.ac.uk/

sdg!:thumbs:

rd

3. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Wrong Greenwich

You are speaking of the University of Greenwich, a reputable and recognized school in Great Britain. The other Greenwich, the one I referenced, was variously located in CA, in HI, on Norfolk Island off the coast of Australia and now in Pakistan* (I believe). The local government in AU supposedly chartered them but the national government overturned the charter. Now they claim approval by the government of Pakistan.

See the web site: http://www.greenwichuniversity.edu.pk/

At one time it boasted a relationship with the Greenwich School of Theology supposedly located in England (whose precursor was the Geneva School of Theology in Maggie’s Valley, NC) with degrees approved/accredited by Potchefstroom University (now part of North-West University) in SA. I tried communicating with these people over the years and had a very hard time getting them to respond.

Greenwich claimed to be a Christian university, I believe, at some point in its existence. However, it now has a faculty of Islamic studies, which I assume was a prerequisite for getting a government charter in Pakistan.

*This appears to be the old elusive and mobile Greenwich with a makeover. Note that you do not see the Chancellor, Board of Directors, etc. The curriculum is similar to the old Greenwich with top degrees offered in the "soft" academic areas. They do have a Pakistani face though.

#43 paidagogos, Sep 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2007