1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Come Add Your Church To Our List

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by jerrym, Jun 30, 2007.

1. jerrym

jerrym New Member

I'm Just inviting everyone to come and add their church to our Bible Wiki Project.

We have set up a section for churches to be added in all denominations. Come list your church, its location, pastor, and anything about your church or ministry.

We are trying to build a giant wiki (wikipedia) on the bible its history and so on and your invited.

Jerry
    The Bible Wiki On Gods Word And History
    http://www.wikigodsword.org

2. jerrym

jerrym New Member

I want to personally thank whomever the anonymous user was that started working on the churches page and did a little cleaning up of it. I'm pretty sure it had to have came from this site because this is the only place I've mentioned this new area to so thank you whoever you are.

Jerry :godisgood:

3. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Whoops. I made a boo boo putting my church on there. I think I've corrected it now though.

4. jerrym

jerrym New Member

Yeah but you did a great job and you got it right the last time. Very professionally done in the way you spoke about your home church etc.

The page looks great. Feel free to work in the wiki anytime as it is open to the public.

Jerry :godisgood:

5. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I visited the site, but noticed it said:

King James Version
    There are many public sites that provide text based reference and concordances on the latest King James Version. Please Do Not use the New King James Version at this time.

Does that mean that only churches which use the KJV are welcome?

6. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Hey! Thanks for the heads up and the oppurtunity to post our church!

7. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd kinda like to know before I put our church on too.

8. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

From the site:

That should alleviate any concerns.

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

"Ah 'ont't get it!", as my nephew would say.

What exactly are we supposed to be doing, here? I am not sure if this is supposed to be a "KJVO" church listing or what. If so, I cannot enter my own church, as I do not have that authority. I could recommend that we enter it, to the body, if that is permissible, but will not if KJV usage is mandatory.

While I'm sure that the majority of our members use the KJV, even our pastor occasionally uses the NKJV, and the NKJV is the version I have used for nearly a decade, ever since my own New Scofield KJV was "borrowed", without my permission, from my cab, one night back then. But I will not agree to even post our church, if KJV usage is mandatory. So please explain in a little bit better detail. Thanks,

Ed