1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Come and See"

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by KenH, Nov 26, 2021.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    From William Mason's A Spiritual Treasury For The Children of God Vol 2, November 22 -

"Come and see."(John 1:39)

"Hence learn, (1st.) There cannot an inquiry arise in a poor sinner’s mind concerning Christ, but he has a meek and loving answer to give. He has compassion on the ignorant, and them who are out of the way. (2d.) Do we inquire where Christ dwells? He answers, Come and see. I the high and lofty One who inhabits eternity, dwell also in your nature: I became flesh for you, that you may freely come to me, joyfully see, and richly partake of my fulness to supply all your wants, and all your need. (3d.) Here is a free invitation. Come and see. Without money. You have nothing to bring. Come, see, and enjoy all freely without money, and without price. Lastly, Jesus will soon say, Come and see, all the glory of my kingdom above. Glory be to thee, O Lord!"

• Like Like x 1