1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Coming in from the world

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by stilllearning, Sep 27, 2008.

1. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

I have been visiting another “Christian” forum(on the side), on and off for the last few months, and have had to back away from it.

It is one of those forums, where everybody is saved and going to heaven, no matter what blasphemous beliefs’s they hold.

I was hoping the Lord could use me, to minister to some of them a little, about living a life committed to Christ.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Recently I have found myself battling(what seemed like), the entire membership of the forum, because I dared to proclaim, the Deity of Christ.

When one of the more popular members, made the statement(on my thread), that “Jesus wasn’t God”, I responded with........
    Well, almost immediately, the moderator warned me, about “judging people’s salvation”, and soon people were coming out of the woodwork, to condemn me for being “unChristlike”.

When I saw the mob, with torches and a rope, I decided to leave.
    As I was thinking about this experience, I realized how similar it is to most “Christian” Church’s today.

Most Churches that I am aware of today, that are faithfully preaching God’s Word(Preaching sound Doctrine), are having the same trouble keeping members, that my Church is having......
    It is a crying shame, when you see the state of today’s Church.
    It is nice to be back, in a forum where I can take a stand for the Lord, without a fight.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just take a "stand for the Lord" against CCM, Evolution, or Democrats and see what happens here. :tonofbricks:

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Yes, I am also finding too much compromising among those professing to be Christians. I see this "Everyone is going to heaven" thing and wonder where they get it. If "everyone" is going to heaven, then who is Rev. 20:15 talking about when it says that "Whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."?

Satan, the false prophet, and the beast had already been mentioned in that chapter as being cast into the lake of fire. So who is left other than those who have rejected Christ? So not "everyone" is going to be saved--only those who turn to Christ and seek His forgiveness.

One thing that bugs me about some people is their attitude of "I'm always right, and you're wrong if you disagree with me." While I do believe I'm right on what little I know for sure, there are too many questions about many things, and we cannot be absolutely emphatic about everything. However. some people are absolutely sure that they have all the answers, and some even claim to get private revelations from God in dreams and visions. Who am I to say they don't? I don't know if they do or not, although I doubt it. I just think that it is better to enter into a Bible discussion with the attitude that "This is what I believe, but I could be wrong." Some people would never admit to that possibility. They put themselves right up there with God as knowing all things and always being right. Anyone with that attitude (although they might not say it) needs a little attitude adjustment and a big slice of humble pie.

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I have changed my views on a lot of things in my lifetime, much of it in the last ten years.

Up to the time I changed, I had no reason to doubt what I believed. I thought it was right. Pretty sure it was right, as a matter of fact. But when faced with a different view, more than once I found that it made more sense, and was more true to scripture than what I had been taught.

It's pretty traumatic to come to the point where you reject what you considered biblical truth.

There are some things that I consider settled. On others, particularly eschatology, my position is "here is where I am today. I may not be there tomorrow."

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Are you sure this was a Christian board? Was it one denomination or certain ones or just a generic Christian board?

6. stilllearning

Hi Jon-Marc

You said............
    Well here are three things, that I had told them that were “absolutes”, for every Christian:
    Absolute #1 “A person who rejects the Deity of Christ, can not be saved”
    1John 2:22
    Absolute #2 “A person who rejects salvation by grace through faith alone, can not be saved”
    Ephesians 2:8,9
    Absolute #2 “A person who rejects the Bible as being God’s infallible Word, can not be saved”
    John 5:24 & John 5:46,47
    And although all three were attacked, it was their attack of the Deity of Christ, that caused the most trouble.

7. stilllearning

Hi Marcia

You asked.......
    Well, yes it was a Christians board(at one time):

Although it looks as though, a few SDA’s, and some JW’s etc, had joined, and had posted some intellectual threads(impressing everyone), and getting a foot hold.

It was almost as if, the consensus was, “these guys can’t be lost, because they are so insightful”.

And trying to explain how “insight doesn’t count, if you don’t have the Holy Spirit”, just didn’t seem to take hold.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are a LOT of forums (fora?) out there claiming to be Christian. Few truly are and you're better off far away.

And even here, just because someone claims to be a "Baptist" to get into these debates, don't assume that each one is monolithic and believes all the same way. And don't be fooled for a minute that all are genuinely regenerate.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You most likely have better things to do.

10. superwoman8977

superwoman8977 New Member

Okay and heres my thought. You dont know those peoples hearts only God does. You have no right to judge them. You never know you may have planted a seed in one of them, but to sit there and judge them, that is not right.

11. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What is CCM and what do Democrats have to do with theology?

12. dan e.

dan e. New Member

good question.

13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I don't think he's judging them. He's judging their disagreement with the deity of Christ, which is a serious issue.

We can and are supposed to judge teachings.

14. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Well, if there are JWs on there, no wonder.

I was under the impression that JWs are not supposed to be on the Internet. The Watchtower fears them being exposed to the truth or to arguments against JW teachings.

Maybe these people are JW leaders or they are JWs who are ignoring that they are not supposed to be online. Or I could be wrong about the online thing.

SDAs should not have an issue with the deity of Christ.

You are right to maintain that the deity of Christ is an essential of the faith and has been for 2,000 years, plus the bible teaches it.

15. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I get a blessing from Contemporary Christian music, althought I am a Republican. =)

16. stilllearning

A question:

I accidentally unsubscribed myself from this thread:

(How can I resubscribe?)