1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Coming Vaccinations.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by pilgrim2009, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry but I don't by it that they can know what the next seasons flu strain will be.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Hmmm, you dont' understand it, therefore it must be a scam. You're displaying sheer ignorance and lack of any knowlege on the subject when you say that. If you want to dismiss the topic because you dont' understand how the process works, fine. But to make unfounded statements "it's a scam" just shows your not only lack of integrity on the topic, but a lack of desire to have an intelligent conversation on the topic.

#42 Johnv, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you should educate yourself on something before you dismiss it. Medical science is able to forecast these things. Just because you don't know how they do it does not mean they can't.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Maybe you should rethink this post.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I don't make the commen't lightly, and gave it thought prior. It's quite self-evident that you lack understanding on the topic.

BTW, for those curious about how the next year's strain is determined, here is a very short explanation of how it happens:

During the previous year, health agencies gather information about strains of flu viruses. This information is gathered by 122 national influenza centers in 94 countries. This data is analyzed by four World Health Organization (WHO) centers in the U.S., England, Australia and Japan. The information accurately predicts what the upcoming year's strain(s) will be, based on factors such as movement and prevalence worldwide. The process for figuring out which flu strain will show up each year is quite accurate, but isn't precise. That's why experts advise to get flu shots early and keep current on any new strains that may show up by discussing it with your health professional. This is especially true for the elderly, children and those with autoimmune problems.

If flu vaccines are a "scam" initiated by health professionals, they picked a poor target. They would have done better to pick the common cold virus instead of the flu virus. The common cold is much more prevalent, much more common, and much more severe, than the flu. Parents would pay for a cold virus in a heartbeat.

#45 Johnv, Aug 6, 2009
  6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You turned a disagreement over the flu shot into a personal attack. It is not likely you thought it through. Its the flu shot. Get over it.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So you say and they claim. Neither is impressive

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's an amusing comment, given the fact that you continually display lack of grace and courtesy on matters of simple disagreement on this board.

9. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

we've stopped immunizing our kids, it's gotten out of hand the amount of shots needed. compared to when i was a kid, the required shots have more than tripled. yeah, we get a little grief from the doctors and school, and they throw some scare tactics at us, like the one used yesterday that the forecast deaths from this flu is 500,000 this season.

so we were ready with a form for the doctor to sign to guarantee us that no serious reactions would come from any of the shots and that he would be held responsible if any harm did come to our kids from these shots...surprisingly, he refused to sign it, end of story.

In XC
    -

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I'll tell you what you back up your claim that I have been dishonest in this thread anywhere.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You wanted the doctor to sign a form saying he would be held responsible for any complications that might arise from a vaccine? That's like refusing to buy food at the grocery store unless the grocery store agrees too be responsible for any complications that might arise from you eating the food they sell.

I'm also curious about you comment about there being so many vaccines it's gotten out of hand. There are only five that are required: Hepatitis B, DT, Polio, MMR, and Varicella. Don't get me wrong, I support any parent not wanting to immunize their kids, but to say it's "out of hand" isn't accurate.

#51 Johnv, Aug 6, 2009
  12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I didn't say you were being dishonest. I said your posts are evident to being ignorant on the topic, either from lack of understanding, lack of knowlege or both.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Let me help you out:

Now prove your claim.

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Apparantly you can't read either. I said that making unsubstantiated statements such as "it's a scam" demonstrates a lack of integrity on the topic.

15. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

but i'm not forced or coerced into buying food from any a certain grocery store...i have a choice, i can grow/raise/hunt my own food, or i can visit the amish and get all my meat, dairy and veggies i want, if i choose...the key is it's MY right as long as i'm not hurting anyone else by my actions. OR i can choose to grocery shop and take responsibility myself.

its a simple concept really...to have the right to think for yourself and be responsible for oneself...its called the 14th Amendment.

Times have changed since you and i were in school...we have 3 kids, the shots required each year are out of hand:

DTaP/*DT (4 doses from 2 months to 15 months, with a fifth dose if last dose is before the fourth b-day)
    Polio (4 doses, last dose after the 4th birthday)
    MMR (2 doses)
    Varicella (2 doses required for Kindergarten and 1 dose for grades 1-9 per year)
    Hepatitis B (at Birth, 2 months, 6 months; 3 doses required through grade 9)
    HIB (4 doses before 15 months)
    PCV7 (4 doses before 15 months)
    Rotavirus (3 doses before 6 months)
    Hepatitis A (1 dose between 12 and 15 months)
    MCV (1 dose between ages 11 and 18)
    HPV (females only) (3 doses)
    Chicken pox (2 doses before Kindergarden)
    Influenza (yearly from 6 months)

Each dose is considered a shot.
    http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/

In XC
    -

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

Bingo....

I have a dear friend who is an immunologist, and consults on some of this. He told me how they do it each year, and he also talked about some of the screw-ups made with the 1970's vaccine. Fascinating. And real science to boot.

I understand reluctance on some to get the vaccine...but some ideas on here are just plain kooky.

17. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

I can read, and I say it will not be wise to take it.{i.e.A Scam}

This N1H1a vaccine will cause death on a mass scale.The global economic crash can only be straightened out by a mass reduction in the population and millions of our elderly on Social Security if killed off because of their weak immune systems will increase in our governments wallets of not having to pay the billions or trillions out every month to our elderly who have as much right to die in a way God determines.

Someone has said the new health care reform has a bill attached to it that allows our government the right to say who lives or dies especially the elderly.

Is it not strange the government cant get obama`s health reform passed quick enough so a killer vaccine could actually be plan b by forced killer vaccines by our government?

A Chicken has a tiny head but brains enough to figure this one out.

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm sure you are an expert on the issue, and have scientific proof of this kooky claim. :rolleyes:

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Note* I am not in any way associated with this point of view

20. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Note to Pilgrim: You may want to check your tin foil hat for leaks. The radiation is getting into your head. Or maybe you have been breathing the "chemtrails". :laugh: