1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Comma in Luke 23:43

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by MartyF, Jun 23, 2019.

?
  1. Before

2. After

3. I’m still deciding.

4. Before because I’m KJVO.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great. Then please share with me the reasoning that does not put Paradise in the New Jerusalem.

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The saints make up the New Jersalem. Paradise, OT saints, went to Heaven when Jesus acsended to Heaven and from the resurrection to earth, to the Judgement, to Heaven to the New Earth as the New Jerusalem.

#43 37818, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the Bible nowhere says anything about OT saints being in Paradise, but I'm going to let it go here to avoid the rabbit trail. :) (In fact, the three mentions of Paradise are all in the NT, and all 3 point to after Christ's death.)

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The issue of Paradise in the NT, first mention is what Jesus said to the thief. A prophecy of Jesus' resurrection, ". . . For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. . . ." -- Psalms 16:10; Acts of the Apostles 2:27; Acts of the Apostles 2:31.
    What is the connection between Paradise and Sheol/Hades? It becomes a matter of interpretations. It is going to make sense or it is not goint to make sense at all. Luke also gives the story of Abraham being above the rich man in Hades. And Abraham accounts that Moses and the prophets speaks of the place (Luke 16:31; Deuteronomy 32:22; Psalms 86:13).