1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Comment please;

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by mima, Jun 22, 2006.

1. mima

mima New Member

A man makes this statement to me. Without believing in once saved always saved(OSAS) a person cannot possibly die unto themselves. That is without this belief they cannot totally commit to the Lord Jesus Christ. Can I get some comments about this statement?

2. Jack Lavictoire

Jack Lavictoire New Member

Makes sense to me... How else are you going to give yourself over to someone unless you believe that you belong? A lot more can be said on this topic but seeing that I'm new here I'll keep it short - for now.

I've personally experience the following and I hold to these words dearly.

John 17:3 NIV
    Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

John 10:27-29 NIV
    My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.

3. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I agree with the man, unless he is saying that unless you are OSAS you are not saved. If that is what he is saying then I think he has gone to far.

I think you have this in the wrong section.

4. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

It's an empirical question: look through history at non-OSAS people and see if they've died to self.

If you don't know whom to look at, start with John Fletcher.

On the other hand, if evidence bores you, just sit around and think up answers out of thin air. It's a time-honored approach, and you'll be in good company.

5. Jack Lavictoire

Jack Lavictoire New Member

I'd much rather get my fact from the scriptures then what men have to say about it... Obviously I'm one of the few but hey, that's how it goes!

Narrow is the gate that leads to life and few enter in!
    Few indeed.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This thread is here...because...?

7. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Hey, we all make mistakes, okay? :smilewinkgrin: