1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

comment/question/muse

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Gina B, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

If you are KJVO, why do think that this is the ONLY version that is ok to use?
    Right now, I'm of the opinion that it is the best version because of what it was mostly translated from, but it would be better if it was updated to modern English.
    Not that it would be more correct, but it would be easier to understand and read.
    Why would this not be an improvement? Some words have changed meanings. I can't even type them on here without getting ****'s in place of the words, and my daughter's mouths would get washed out with soap if they used them.
    What would be wrong with replacing a/s/s with donkey, or p/i/s/s/eth with a better word?
    These words are used on a few occasions in the bible, but the first is used to mean something different, the second still means the same thing but is now a word you wouldn't let your kid use and probably don't use yourself.
    Some of the words like this were already updated in the KJV we use now as opposed to the one printed in 1611.
    Why would anyone be against updating it again? :confused:
    It IS the version I trust, but I've recently considered changing just because of this type of thing. It's the best and most accurate translation we have IMO, but why not make one where I don't have to tell my kids not to repeat the words they read in the bible or they'll be punished?
    Gina

2. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

Gina, it is good that you trust IMHO the only Bible. As far as the words and your kids go. These words were not used by God the way man uses them. My kids have not asked about these words yet, but when they do, I will tell them that these words are not bad if used in the appropriate context and I will give examples to them. I will try to explain what man or better yet, the devil, has done to God's word, by taking words and using them not for God's honor and glory. Don't give up on God's word, sit down and explain it to them.