1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #112

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

sip...sip...ahhh~ that's good stuff!

It feels amazing outside at this hour. I opened the window in here to let that fresh, crisp, southern morning air in, and of course, the fat cat ran inside (it doesn't have a screen on it), lol. The other five cats are still sleeping....shhhhhhh, don't want to wake them up! He went and plopped himself down in his chair over there. I know what he is thinkin'... "I'm gonna get some breakfast when daddy cooks it".

The roosters are crowing and the sounds of the night are still in the air. This is my favourite part of the morning. I know that the morning is here by the roosters and the crickets symbolize how still it is outside. I lived in Oklahoma for a year -- some of your northerners would call that "the south", but I hated it there. It was too "up north" for me and there was NOTHING southern about it. The south is here in Louisiana... land of white cotton where good times are not forgotten!

I am about to take my coffee outside and go sit on the swing. It is still pitch dark here -- the way I like it outside. It is the only time I can go out there without the sun beating down on me. And you figured that the cats would be wanting in then, eh?

Have yo'self a nice day! Make sure you put the LORD first in everything you do and say. Thank the LORD for the day He has made and given unto us.

Only Trust Him

Come, every soul by sin oppressed,
    there's mercy with the Lord;
    and he will surely give you rest,
    by trusting in his Word.

Refrain:
    Only trust him, only trust him,
    only trust him now.
    He will save you, he will save you,
    he will save you now.

For Jesus shed his precious blood
    rich blessings to bestow;
    plunge now into the crimson flood
    that washes bright as snow.
    (Refrain)

Yes, Jesus is the truth the way
    that leads you into rest;
    believe in him without delay,
    and you are fully blest.
    (Refrain)

Come then and join this holy band,
    and on to glory go,
    to dwell in that celestial land
    where joys immortal flow.
    (Refrain)

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning Shane and all,

I slept in this morning. Well, not really since I didn't get to sleep until around 2:00...

I've got the coffee brewing and I brought in some Buckwheat pancakes with lite syrup and scrambled eggs, lite cranberry-grape juice, and some chunked cantaloupe.

It is cooler this morning...57º reaching a high of only 72º. It's going to feel good for a change.

DH will be rising soon and we will go for our morning walk before breakfast. We're only up to the corner and back, but we will get better as his strength comes back slowly.

HAGD!
    §ue

3. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Good morning to you, too, Sue! :thumbs:

I have already had my morning walk. I just came in from sitting on the swing... man, I was out there a long time! I did manage to get a call in to da Granny while I had some free time... she is doing very well and said she is getting her house back in order.

I better go cook breakfast... the cat and I. :laugh:

4. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Breakfast this morning was scrambled cheese eggs with a glass of iced cold orange juice. It's almost time for me to fix up the tea -- not much of "sun tea" considering there is no sun today, but I'm gonna finish up my jug of water first.

Family came in today, so I'll be off visiting them for a while. Have a good day, y'all.

5. I Am Blessed 24

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

to all the dads and grandpas!​

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Happy Father's day to all the dads here at BB!!

Today will be church (and DH and DD15 will be singing This is My Father's World as our special music - they sounded great this morning!), then I'll run to pick up Chinese food for lunch. My dad will be coming over and with us being out all yesterday, there was no time to plan a lunch, so we figured Chinese would work well. After that, we'll go on the boat (weather permitting) so DH can have HIS Father's Day and we'll have dinner out there. Should make for a nice day.

I'll catch y'all tomorrow! I gotta get ready for church.

7. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

A funny thing happened on the way to church this morning. We never got on the way to church this morning. :eek: After telling the kids to make sure they had something to wear last night, I overslept! Not by a few minutes but by three hours!!! I remember waking up about 6 and thinking I could sleep a while longer since we have plenty of time if we get up about 8 or 8:30. Next thing I know T was grinning at me telling me it was after 10!

I'm blaming the new arthritis meds. Anything I take is sure to make me extra tired and the doc put me on two new ones. It's so bad that I could easily go back to sleep even now and I haven't had any of it this morning, cause I had to eat first. I'm giving this a week. If the tiredness doesn't go away, the doc will have to try something else.

Ya'll have a blessed Father's Day! I have steak and a strawberry cake planned for T. (yes I realize that means I have to cook)

8. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Good evening y'all! :p

Ever since I saw the family yesterday, I ain't had the second to sit down here at the battle station. I did all my visiting I am gonna do! Church today was really well - I enjoyed most that went on. I'm not a fan of "Mother's Day" and/or "Father's Day" simply because they're both worldly traditions, but our pianist shared a lengthy story about her dad that has been gone for 27 years, and she even played "Daddy's Hands" and sang it for us. Likewise with music - I only listen to gospel because anything other is worldly and we aren't to partake of it, but I have to say that the song brought tears to my eyes. I have heard it many, many times, but never coming from the heart in person. I felt like I lived her memories just by hearing her express them in front of the congregation. After wards, I went up to her and said "Mrs. (her name), I just wanted to let you know that you sang the song beautifully and I really appreciated you sharing that with the church." She looked at me and smiled, she said, "Shane, I want you to know something -- when I was practicing it at home, I thought about you." She said she knew I would like the song. It was a great feeling while she sang and played it. I saw everyone just staring off thinking deep about the words and piecing them together with their Dad. I saw tears and had tears. I saw the sorrow and saw the joy when the younger Dads hugged their children. I thanked God being the Father He was and still is to me.

It is way past my bedtime, and as you know, my mornings come very early. Have a good night sleep -- see ya on the flip side, Lord willing.

9. menageriekeeper

Good Morning Everyone!

Shane's late with the coffee so ya'll have to make do with mine. I brought in fresh made shortbread to go with it, courtesy of Cassie. There is also a fresh strawberry cake in the fridge for after lunch. I confess to having spent some time in the kitchen yesterday, but, mmmmmm mmmm! It was worth it!

Jenna was supposed to start VBS this morning but she has a cough and doesn't feel real well. I thought she had a fever but the thermometer says no. We'll see how the day goes, as this one can pop up a fever at the drop of a hat.

Me and the rest of the kids are going to have a housecleaning. Jenna's not completely off the hook there, but I don't want her moving around to much if she's coming down with something (makes the fever worse). The older ones and I can do what needs doing. I've already started the dishwasher, got the second load of laundry to washing, done the checkbook :eek: and picked up my room for the most part. Chris and Cass aren't even up yet! They'll get to do things like dust and wash walls and door facings. I can't figure out why this family feels the need to run their hands along the walls and hold the door facings when standing in the doorway asking a question. :confused: :rolleyes:

Anyhow, ya'll have a nice day!

10. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Good afternoon y'all! :D What a morning! I hit the floor running and I ain't stopped 'til now. I went and done some major shopping before the crowd hit Wal-Mart. I always get there extremely early (still dark) so I can make sure I get everything I need, have time to stop and look, and check out quick. Wal-Mart can be a very fun place -- and it can also be the last place you'll ever want to go.

I got another hummingbird feeder. My faithful feeder of five years finally caved in (literally) on me, so I bought another one similar to it. I also get a glass feeder because they hold up longer and usually look nicer. I replenished them with fresh nectar and am waiting for them to find it.

Got things to do, e-mails to read, and posting to catch up on. Enjoy this beautiful day!

11. TLB

TLB New Member

ick...it is too hot to be doing anything cindi....

12. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

The sun is about to go down here on the bayous of Louisiana. Sleep well tonight and do not forget your prayers. See ya in the morning - Lord willing. 'night.

13. I Am Blessed 24

Evening all,

It was much cooler today, so Dale and I have been switching his bedroom from one room to another. This one will be more comfortable for him and the bathroom is more assessible. :)

I got him a hammock for Father's Day and he put it together and for some reason, when he 'went missing' today, I always found him napping in it under a shade tree.:laugh:

Tomorrow, my bedroom is going to get changed around and the wooden trim taken off of the window so Pastor Bob can put a replacement window in for me when he comes up here on Wednesday.

Poor guy! Wednesday is their 25th wedding anniversary and I'm putting him to work...

They are renewing their vows at church that night, but I'm going to bake a cake for them and give them their gifts beforehand, just in case Dale has to leave early and come home.

I think it's past my bedtime...

[​IMG]

§ue :sleeping_2:

14. menageriekeeper

Good morning everyone!

More of the same today. Housework, sewing, reading.

We're trying to decide if Jenna feels like going to VBS. She's kinda got a summer cold and she is also suffering from being the only one young enough to attend VBS. Chris, Cass and Cade are to old. She's not sure if she wants to go off by herself for half the day. I have such home babies!

Ya'll have a good day!

15. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all,

Did Shane sleep in this morning. No way! :) I did though!

The rest of this week is busy, so I shall not tarry on the computer for long.

Dale finds out Wednesday if he can switch from IV antibiotics to oral antibiotics or go off of them altogether. His treatment is at 12:30 everyday so that pretty much stops us from making too many plans.

I've got to get busy on my bedroom.

HAGD!
    §ue

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's a beautiful day here on Long Island today after having HUGE storms last night. It's 72 degrees right now and sunny - gorgeous.

We're babysitting my friend's 8 month old and he's sleeping in the stroller in the entry hall right now. What a cutie he is.

It will be a pretty quiet day here. The kids are done with school (well the big kids) so now they're home. I'll take Lauren driving later to practice her parallel parking because her road test is tomorrow and I'd like her to pass the first time. She had a hard time with it yesterday so it's time to practice. Pray for me! I also need to take Nicole shopping for some "model" outfit for a mime they're doing. She needs a fashionable dress and high heels. Do I really want my daughter to dress pretty?? LOL Not too sure. ;)

Have a great day everyone! Enjoy the nice weather if you're having it!

17. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

Glad to hear that Dale is doing better and praying that he gets to go on oral meds.

We watched Caydon last night, and he has his days and nights mixed up. I was holding him last night and I told him to enjoy life right now, all he does is eat, play, and sleep. That kid has it made.

I'd forgotten how much "fun" it is to have a newborn in the house. Hey Cuz I got a deal for 'ya. I'll clean your house and cook if you'll watch Caydon for a few hours. How 'bout it?

Went in for Potluck and Bible Study last night. Both were great. Brenda and I both like this church, but; we agreed we were going to visit for 30 days before we made any decision. Better to take a long look than a quick look.

Caydon's wailing again so he either is hungry or has to be changed, or both. Gotta run.

18. menageriekeeper

LOL, Cuz! You need to talk to Tanya. She does the whole baby thing at her house. I usually can be counted on to hold one until it starts to fuss and then it's back to mama!

Well my plans for the day have changed. I got down to VBS and the director said "Oh you're here, you can help! Can't you?" So I'm slated to help with crafts. I had to come home to put on better shoes and eat breakfast.

19. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Sue, if you could tell me what "sleep in" means, I think I could answer your question. :laugh:

20. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Good afternoon y'all!

Sweet southern iced tea anyone? I drank my whole quart of sun tea and made a fresh batch for those of you that would like to quench your thirst.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.