1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #115

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by I Am Blessed 24, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our snow is completely melted and it's nice to see the grass again, even if it is brown and muddy.

Saggy, here's some rice and Pepsi since no one else gave you any.

2. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Afternoon Everybody,

Our Daughter went to the OB/GYN today, and he told her that if she doesn't have the baby this weekend that he'll induce labor this coming Monday.

So bags are packed, and cars are gassed so we can make a mad dash if we have to.

Please pray for Louise and the Baby, and for patience for the rest of us. Thanks.

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Praying for you Cuz!! Enjoy your new additions!

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Rob - I'll be praying for a smooth and easy delivery. Let us know how it goes Papa!

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

FoG, you guys seem to have babies and younguns popping out from every corner! That must be so much fun, despite the work!

The weather here is warming up. We had thunderstorms! I'm wondering if this is the last we've seen of cold weather this winter here in OK, or if it simply is a break. I'm gonna find a master gardener out here in the next few days and find out WAZZUP! and when planting time starts. WHEEE!!!! I can't wait to get to youngest ones involved in growing stuff and getting their hands dirty!

I am kinda hoping I'm not gonna get detention...I took an assignment sub teaching an Algebra 3 class and the teacher had left the kids 36 questions...and told me to grade them after 30 (thirty) minutes. Is that stinkin' insane or what for that type of work! So technically I did what he wanted...I graded them after 30 minutes, but gave them all the answers and told them they could take their papers home as homework and just make sure that they showed their work when they bring it back tomorrow. :saint:

6. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Still no Baby.

I've driven our Daughter down bumpy roads, she's been walking in the mall and in the house, and still no labor.

Asked her what she wanted to eat and she requested: Broiled Sirloin Steaks, Twice-Baked Deviled Potatoes, Tomato Olive Salad and Pistachio Ice Cream Dessert for dinner. We'll see if that stirs anything up. :smilewinkgrin:

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Make those things spicy and it just may help. :)

I hope the delivery comes soon and goes well!!

Today has been busy already for me. A sudden funeral job (the woman who was supposed to do it came down ill during the night), a sudden call from my dad who was in the hospital and a friend who just had a baby! Whew!! I'm relaxing for a few now before I run to clean my messy house, pick up my teen from work (and I think I'm splurging tonight on some rib eye steaks - I need meat!) then head back to the hospital again.

Yawn!! Is there any more coffee in the pot? I need atleast 2.

8. preacher

preacher New Member

Hello Folks,
    Yeah...been quite awhile..but I thought there might be some of you here that would want to know this.
    BH, my best buddy, and ya'll former head of security...was found dead in her cage yesterday morning. She would have been 6 in April.
    Tho we hadn't been on here in a long time, she helped me to help spread the word to many many folks the last 3 years especially. She would tell them of her Creator, and then go on to explain why she was just that for her...but Lord to us. Did manage to open some eyes here and there.
    She had become known, and loved by many around the world...kinda remarkable for just a little crippled squirrel...heh.
    But, like I said..just thought those of you that remembered her might want to know...
    BH (ButtHead)
    April 12 2004 - Januarary 23 2010

Well...I tried to upload a picture...oh well..your loss..sorry.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Awww - I'm so sorry Preacher. Sometimes these critters have the ability to work their way right into our hearts, right??

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Awww....that is very sad. I'm so happy that she and you had time together. Your story and situation with her was unique and heartwarming. I know she was much more than just another little critter...she was YOUR critter and the best one ever! Ya done good Preacher. [​IMG]

11. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Sorry about your loss Preacher. BH was one-of-a-kind and will be missed.

5-4-3-2-1- WE HAVE A BABY!!!!
    Jordyn Alexis was born at 11:29am today, she is 7lbs 8ozs, and 21 inches long. Mom and Dad are doing fine, but Papa and Nana are bushed. We arrived at the hospital at 1pm yesterday, and labor began in earnest around 5pm yesterday.

Talk to everybody later. Time to :sleeping_2:

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Woo-hoo!! Congratulations Papa!!! I love babies - they're just such a blessing. :)

Not much going on here. I had a bit of a headache before but 800 mg. of Motrin and a pot of coffee cleared it up just fine, thank you very much. :D I'll be making dinner in a few minutes (I'll do something with the chicken drumsticks to make them yummy) and then I think I'll relax tonight thanks to the headache that is better but never fully always gone. LOL

So how is the weather where everyone is? Here on Long Island, we had a WARM day yesterday and hit 58 degrees but with a monsoon of wind and rain. Today is in the 40s and by Friday we'll be not even to 30 degrees. Love winter weather, huh? I'm hoping for more snow but it looks like the storm that's going to hit the mid-Atlantic states will miss us by a bit. Oh well, there's always February!

13. menageriekeeper

Congrats on the new baby, Cuz!

Ann, the wind here is blowing more like it does in March! And it has a tinge of cold to it. We all don't consider 50 to be cold, but when the wind about blows you off your feet, 50 is COLD!

14. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

Thanks for the congrats everybody.

I was just getting ready to go to the hospital when our Daughter called and told us that they will be coming home today. Everything is ok with Mom and Baby, but this still seems fast to me, but what do I know?

Ann, It is windy and 16 with snow flurries here today. Our high is supposed to hit 20. Tomorrow we're forecasted to be in the teens with wind chills below zero, again with snow showers.

Time to get everything ready for Mom and Baby. She wasn't sure what time they'd be released, just that they would be.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Lovely. I just got a call from my daughter. She's in college about an hour away (she commutes) and called to let me know that her contact ripped. She can't drive home with one contact. I have to drive to her college to bring her another one. Oh joy.

I think I'll stop for a Starbucks on the way.

16. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yay!! Congrats to you and fam, FOG!! :applause:

17. menageriekeeper

Bleck Cuz. My husband wants to move further north to somewhere with "seasons", but stuff like you are having reminds me of why I like Alabama! I'm not sure my arthritis could take extended periods of temps that cold. I'm freezing today and our temp is up to nearly 50 again. It's the wind though. If it weren't blowing it would feel alot warmer and I'd be running around barefoot!

They say we may have ice come Friday night. I sure hope not. Snow in the south is bad enough but ice is AWFUL!

Ann, pass me a cup of that Starbucks will you please? maybe that will warm me up! :laugh:

18. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

MK, according to weather.com - not always the most reliable source around, I know - we are supposed to have a light wintry mix here in the upstate of SC on Saturday...time will tell...

19. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Happy Baby Welcoming!

The kids are ALL home today because there's an impending winter storm that's supposed to knock all our socks off or something.

Which is good, because I was already keeping one daughter home until the school apologizes to her and me, and if that doesn't happen she's getting pulled.

Why? Because she did what she was SUPPOSED to do and what I taught her to do and the school punished her.

A boy was mocking her and cussing her out in gym. She followed my instructions to the letter by

1. Going and telling the coach

When he didn't fix the situation she

2. Respectfully asked him if she could leave and go call me

When he refused to allow her to leave she

3. Explained that she needed to call her parents and he still said no, so she respected his authority and stayed, but sent me a text letting me know something was wrong and I should call the school.

Unfortunately I was at work and only had a moment to figure out what was up. She has texted both me and dad, and I didn't know he'd called too.

So when I called, the office told me they'd caught her using her phone and that she was being given in-school suspension and was just upset.

I assumed she'd been caught using her phone in school and told them GOOD! Suspend her little self and I'd do more at home.

Turns out they were twisting it. She only turned the phone on in the first place to text me and dad trying to let us know she wasn't being treated right...like she was taught! When we called the school and said we got a message from her and needed to know what was going on, they went down to the gym, yelled at her in front of everyone, and suspended her for using the phone to call and tell us.

Nothing happened to the boy. He was simply sent to the other side of the gym, where his cussing and teasing her continued...and this was the third day of it.

So the honor student who does extra-curricular activities gets further embarrassed in class, then suspended for following mom's orders, and the person harassing her gets away with it.

Is that lovely or what?!

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If they have a policy of not being able to use cells in school, unfortunately, in that aspect, the school is in their right. However, if I were her, I'd have said that I did not feel well (which is true but not physically) and asked to go to the nurse. They could not refuse that. Then I'd have the nurse call you.

However, the rest of it is a bunch of doo-doo!! She is being harassed in school and the teachers will do nothing about it? I'd file a complaint with the school board TODAY and get a few other kids who witnessed it to write as well. That's a bunch of balongna!! I'm sorry she's having to deal with that sort of thing. UGH!

Well, in these parts, we currently have 2" of "a possible snow shower". LOL The trees are gorgeous and it's still "possibly showering". LOL I'm going to have to take my 17 year old to school for a make-up test and for her to hand in a paper (we have state tests this week so the high school is out of regular classes) and I'm supposed to go ride today too but we'll see what happens with that. I'd LOVE to ride in this weather but I have to see if I have child care. I took the kids last week to the barn and my poor 9 year old who's allergic to ONLY horses was a mess for days. I hate to do that to him again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.