1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #27

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Dec 19, 2003.

1. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

Thanks, Sheila...I'm am sure I will soon be on the mend! After all, I have to be well when Santa comes!! [​IMG]

I will be working Monday, and maybe Tuesday depending on how much I get done on Monday, then I'm OFF till January 5th!!! Yea!!!

Dr. Bob... I can't get your webpage to open. I get some kind of page that says "Configuration Mode" and tells me to run the "Configuration Wizard"!! I don't think I will do that! Congratulations on the new granddaughter...from the pictures I've seen on here, she's adorable! [​IMG]

CJ

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the headsup, CJ. Guess my son (the new dad AND webmaster "tweaked" something the wrong way!) When he's done preaching today, I'll lay a cyber-sermon on him to get the site up again! :D

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well if you had asked me to think of everything that could go wrong while my 3 and 4 year olds sang in front of 1000 people today I never would have guessed a fist fight.... but sure enough, two boys who are not regulars decided to tackle, smack, throw a shoe.... while the other 18 or so sang ever so sweetly. Oh we had some nose picking and one little girl who refused to go up on the podium because the microphone was down on the steps. LOL

By time I got them back to extended care and pottied and shirts tucked back in, I had missed all but the very end of the service! Our minister of music had put them in the middle of the service instead of at the very beginning as we had discussed. Oh Well... Angels with tilted halos today! Comic Relief.

Diane

[ December 21, 2003, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh Diane, I can only imagine what it was like! Smile when it's DONE and only a memory.

[​IMG]

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

A couple of the families video taped it so I'm sure it's getting laughs all over town tonight!

The ones who sang tho did a great job! [​IMG]

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]
    Children, programs and "bloopers" - it is almost a given!

BTW, it is STILL snowing (started during a.m. service) and we have no church this evening and I am glad not to be out on the road.

Of course, it will be 50F tomorrow and snow gone by noon. Brown Christmas is the norm here, but go 10 minutes up into the mountain and we've got hundreds of inches and all trails and runs open.
    [​IMG]

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well I sure do want some snow! But I'll have to dream about it I guess.... so off I go to dream land.

Keep the noise down, Dr. Bob. Sue has a whole house full of grandchildren and family so she needs her sleep.

Prayed tonight for Dr. Bob's feet, Coach Mike's head injury, Gayla, Carl, Gib, C.J., etc....

Love to all and sweet dreams!
    Diane

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hush, Hush, the baby is sleeping,
    Tread softly, dear shepherds, to honor your king . . (Kurt Kaiser song)

I'll try to keep it down and that will probably be EASY since no one is around here in the late night when I'm up.

One nice thing about my anodyne therapy I have 45 minutes on a foot, then on leg, then other foot and other leg. Last 45 is combined on both hands. But during the first 3+ hours I can do nothing but sit here and work on the computer, albums, etc.

Wonder why I get so many posts in? 7 days a week, 3+ hours a day unable to move. Don't wish what I have on your worst enemy. I'd trade not posting to be pain free in a New York minute!

9. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Today was our Christmas program at church - all went well.

Dan

PS - December 22 is a special day in our household. All three of our children were born on that day.

Kari and Krista - December 22, 1972
    Kelly - December 22, 1975

Tomorrow they will be, 31, 31, and 28 (boy, am I getting old)!

[​IMG]

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dano - THAT is family planning! Can sure tell what YOU were doing during Spring break those years!! :D

11. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Three of our children have birthdays which are days apart. Daniel, 10th July, 1976, Alexandra, 5th July 1977, Samuel, 8th July 1980. Our eldest daughter was born in June, 1975.

12. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good Morning Sheila and All!

Grands are all still sleeping so thought I'd sneak a couple posts in!

We have been having a great time! We will be baking and decorating sugar cookies today. I am taking that gallon of chili (that I made last week) out of the freezer for supper tonight.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying these last few days leading up to Christmas. Grands will be going back to Wisconsin tomorrow morning.

House will seem empty! :(

[​IMG]
    §ue

13. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

This is Blackbird with an announcement!!!! Due to adverse conditions which have derived over on the MOY thread---it has come to Blackbird's attention that a certain "Front Runner" in the race(Blackbird will call no names!!!) has been bakin' and sending Christmas goodies as part of his/her(Blackbird will not tell which) campaign promises---therefore---

It is with much pain that Blackbird has to "What a man has to do!"---Blackbird has chosen to stop every US post truck, every ups truck, every Fedex truck, every us airborn truck coming out of the accused runner's state----and----and-----and comendeerin' every package larger than a #10 envelope!!

As Heathcliff Huxtable once said, "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!" [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

Your Southern Baptist preachin', cookie/goodie commendeerin' buddy
    Blackbird

14. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning cookie/goodie commandeering buddy! [​IMG]

Time is running out to vote for the MOY!

May the best man/woman win! It has been fun reading all the campaign promises! [​IMG]

15. I Am Blessed 24

I have to run. Grands are up and wanting breakfast.

Have a great day all!

[​IMG]
    §ue

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Lies! All Lies Blackbird! I'm so broke I can't even pay attention, let alone buy VOTES! LOL

I'd love to be able to send all of you some of our hard molasses cookies tho. Boy are they good. So much work. I was thinking how I'd love to have pecan pies and divinity but since I'm the only one who really eats them, not cost effective.

So, I will gladly submit to a polygraph test to prove I did NOT send Dr. and Dr. Mrs. Dr. any goodies to buy votes! LOL

Dan... my kids are 32, 28, 27 and 9 (next week) and Sheila my kids birthdays are 07-10-71, 09-07-75, 01-07-77 and then Nick was born on my 44th birthday 12-29-94.

Diane

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

YIKES! Thought I'd better clarify for our new members... ONE husband! 33 years. We legally adopted our first born grandson when he was an infant. Nick was born on my 44th birthday. He will be 9 on Dec. 29th and I'll turn a very young 53. LOL

Diane

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sweet Diane, you can deny it all you want, but now that Blackbird has the FedEx delivery records the truth will come out. Sorry.

But the homemade fudge, peanut brittle, almond bark, cookies, candies, cakes, donuts, 70# bin of Chex-Mix, cases of "bubbly", et al was VERY generous. And cases of oranges and pears, too!

Too bad your own family won't have much for Christmas when we have to much! [​IMG]

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, seriously, GOOD MORNING, all! Sure is fun to watch Diane get red!

25F, bright sunshine and the bluest blue sky, and a coating of white on everything from the snow yesterday (it was warm enough to freeze on trees, wires, etc).

Like God flocked the world so we'd have extra beauty this Christmas!

Trust all are having a good day. I am going to spend much of the afternoon in Medical testing to see if/what progress is being made . . and what the next steps should be.

Wife says "frontal lobotomy" is indicated. Think I need a second opinion!

[​IMG]

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOL Oh Dr. Bob! You'd better vote for me after all this ribbing. LOL

Frontal lobotomy! No Way! We'd miss your humor!

Diane