1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #34

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 2, 2004.

1. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

Never COULD figure that one out...that's probably why I don't have one!!!! [​IMG] :D

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good Morning Gib and CJ!

Gib: That was a bad reason! :rolleyes: [​IMG]

Sheila: I just finished doing a virus update and scan. Still trying to track down the 'adware' pop ups so I can delete them at their source.

Dan had me download a Yahoo 'pop up stopper'. It's free and has blocked 47 pop ups in the past week, but does not block adware. :(

I also downloaded Spywareblaster and Spywareguard. They stopped the new ones, but do not get rid of the ones that were already on the puter. :confused:

Two of the pop ups are disgusting. Reminds me of Super Bowl half time! [​IMG]

§ue (becoming an adware P.I. :D )

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Dan, the corn stove actually burns corn [​IMG] like you use for squirrel feeders, farm animals, etc. You fill the hopper, set the controls and leave it. I set the controls down low when I leave the store because no one is there to refill the hopper for 16 hours. It usually lasts a full day but if it's really cold in that old building.... [​IMG]

They also have GRILLS now! Condo's and apartments in Atlanta don't allow charcoal or propane but allow these. [​IMG]

It's really an interesting concept. There's no pollution! No propane either. Just corn. We get 50lbs of grain corn for $4.65. That lasts almost 2 days here. That means a family can heat their house for $75. - $150. a month after the stove purchase.

Hey.... I cut my own hair too Gib. We've done it for years. About once or twice a year I'll go to Wal-Mart and have Tammy shape it for me to follow.

Diane

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Morning all. 30+ in Casper but still a couple inches of snow on the ground. Supposed to get another batch tomorrow . . and supposed to drive 100+ miles to see the dedication of my newest grandbaby Chloe Grace.

With the weather bad, we may opt out. I have a hard time driving my ghetto cruiser (rear-wheel drive) on snow and black ice that is common here.

5. I Am Blessed 24

Morning Dr.B!

It would be a shame if you had to miss granddaughter's dedication, but would be even worse to try to attend and get in an accident. :(

I can handle the ice in town, but wouldn't want to try it on the Interstate. Of course, the Interstates are cleared before the city streets. :confused:

Just tell them to take plenty of pictures. :D

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Got back from a few church and Kids Klub visits and popped on for a second here - I'm off to watch a last season episode of Monk on the telly.

May watch American Idol after that - we get all of this weeks shows in one programme tonight - we'll see what happens there.

Talk to you all later

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will just have to wait. Out here, weather can be horrendous in a short time, then perfectly clear. And as long as I go slow (and use the wife's little Nissan with front wheel drive) and watch for black ice, we can make it.

But if it is snowing here in the a.m. we'll just stay put. We have clients at the clinic and I have a wedding this afternoon, so can't go early and just catch the night there.

8. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Dan said:

:eek:

Now how could he possibly know that? :D

Sheila

9. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

Well, I've had a slight change of plans today. I was going to meet my brother and sil for lunch, but he has called from the hospital emergency room. :(

Three years ago, we had planned a Christmas cruise and about 3 weeks before we were to leave, my brother got a blood clot in his leg. He was in the hospital for 6 days, and the doctor said he could NOT go on the cruise.

He has been taking a blood thinner and has had frequent checkups ever since, but the last couple of days his leg has been swelling. He said last night it got really swollen and was hurting. Was the same this morning, so they went to the ER. He said they are running a bunch of tests, and he is PRAYING they don't keep him, but from what he described, sounds like they might.

He will let me know what they decide, and if they check him in, I will go over there later this afternoon. He's really frustrated about this. The last time this happened, he was there for 6 days, and he nearly went nuts! (He's a pretty active guy!) But they HAD to keep him off his leg, and gave him massive doses of blood thinner to keep it from splitting off and going to his heart.

So, I'm home and will be here until I hear from them.

CJ

10. I Am Blessed 24

Please join us in COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #35.

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE.

Thanks,
    §ue