1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #34

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 2, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

You are right, Sue! The verses don't have nothin' do to with salvation---but of the kingdom! Let me get some thoughts together and I'll post there a little later on---unless of course, somebody has already "read" Blackbird's thoughts and mind and goes ahead and posts their thoughts and mind there which coorespond exactly with Blackbird's thoughts and mind!!!

Can anybody do that on this board besides Blackbird?? Can anybody post Blackbird's thoughts and mind besides just him??

Your Southern Baptist preachin', thought stirrin' buddy,
    Blackbird

3. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning Blackbird!

No! I can't imagine ANYONE reading your mind! [​IMG]

I will be anxiously waiting for your reply to that thread. [​IMG]

4. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Good morning all,

5-7" of snow yesterday - I hate it.

At least it's not as cold!

Everyone have a good day!

Dan

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning all.... When I have time, I'll jump in on the other thread unless someone uses my thoughts first! A verse came to mind right away too.

Swim lessons this morning. We've gotten our beds made and had our breakfast. I'm just finishing up my tea. Still have to shower tho and leave in one hour. I don't think I'll have any trouble finding the house again. I've still got the directions in my glove box.

Wow... It's 28° right now but to hit 55° today! That should be a VERY nice day. AWANA tonight and I'm going to use a game I found based on Fishers of Men called Big Fish, Little Fish to go along with that story and Goldfish crackers as a snack. Sure hope all my helpers come tonight!

Hey, we're wanting to have a spectacular website for the church and are looking for different formats, color schemes, and types of boards. If you've seen any (since I'm only looking for ideas, they don't have to be other church boards) that GRAB you, send me a link please! Bro. Jon has asked me to find about 10 I really like. He's lined up our 'host' ISP and webmaster. An associate youth minister he knows is also a programmer and does this all as a ministry for $14.00 a month!

Diane

6. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning Dan and Diane!

Dan: We have about that much snow and are expecting another inch or two today or tonight and there is solid ICE under it! 5º right now.

Diane: I know it's a heated pool but, in this weather, it just doesn't appeal to me! Enjoy! Have you jumped in the water yet??? :D

I must get my car warmed up and my long johns on. See y'all in a bit...

§ue [​IMG]

7. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Diane - if you took swimming lessons - you wouldn't have to shower before goind - the pool would be like a gib bath tub!

Sue - It's a bit warmer here today - in the 20s! Sure beats that cold - cold weather. Yesterday it was about 32ºF all day - now last Novemember that would have been a cold spell - yesterday it seemed like a heat wave. It's all perspective!

Dan - an amateur philosopher!

8. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Good Morning Sue, Diane and Dan,

Well, it is nice and windy here today so I am able to get a lot of laundry dry outside. I should be very fit with all the running up and down stairs I have been doing today.

While Rob was at the church prayer meeting last night someone broke into our car. Rob didn't discover it til this morning, but it must have happened at church because if anyone had come up the drive Leo would have barked. Rob didn't discover it also because they broke into the front passenger door.

Well, the ironing beckons now. Better get on with it. The clouds are coming over and it is getting dark so I don't think I will get much else dry today.

Be Back Later,
    God Bless

Sheila

9. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sue, I was up this morning early, for we had a steam leak on a 6" high pressure (150 PPSI) supply line. The local utility company had to shut off the steam to the building before 6:00 AM and the plumbers are working on it right now. It was a deteriorated gasket in one of the flanges which sprang a leak. And since the pipe has 150 pound per square inch in there, any leak quickly becomes a major factor. I have been hopping around ever since.... [​IMG]

P.S. Yes, I still have the old computer. With the new one I am unable to log on to the Internet. Something is wrong with the IP number...

10. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Barnabas,

How long have you had the new computer - and can you still get the seller to fix it for you?

Dan - hate it when my computer doesn't work right!

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy, he's up and awake now! Way too much work yesterday, and too much study last night. 20 minutes was all I had and that, as we all know, is not much posting time!

But enjoying a little brush of snow that whitened things here (already 25F and climbing so will be gone by noon). And reading and seeing what all of you are up to this blessed day! [​IMG]

12. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

What's up Doc?

Dan - just thought I'd ask! [​IMG]

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

What a GREAT swim lesson! Nick did really well. The teacher said if he will just get used to having his face down in the water for longer that he'll be swimming in just a couple of weeks. He's holding his face under longer than anyother child but only about 11 seconds right now.

I had such a nice visit with the other home school moms! I've not been able to afford all their outings this year. We've been members for going on 5 years and last school year and this year I haven't been able to be active at all because of finances.

It's already 45°. Nick dries off in the pool area which is VERY warm (some moms think it's too warm) and puts on his sweatshirt there before going into the other area that's cooler to finish dressing. I let him play ping pong and indoor basketball before we head out so his hair was all dry too. He REALLY didn't want to get out today but the 'class' following us is 10 or so women in their 70's who come for an exercise class for stroke victims or those with arthritis. He wanted to stay and exercise with them. He's SO cute and they all want to hug him and pinch his cheek. He's really good with adults since he's with them the most.

My Jim will be gone until late Friday night we think so I've got a chance to do some extra things I usually can't get done with him here. LOL

Okie Dokie, time for a quick lunch and more school work. Talk to you all later.

Diane

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And YOUR swim lesson, Diane? Think Dan would teach you, but would have to cut through 20" of ice to get to open water!

Sue - We have just a little light snow, but noticed we are sending the WHOLE STORM your way. Looks like central Illinois should get NAILED again tonight and tomorrow.

And the Weather Channel had a report from Owatonna, MN, where they got 18" of powder. That's where I taught for years at Pillsbury Baptist College.

GLAD I'm not there!

And always glad I don't live in Illinois. To have "land of Lincoln" on my license plates would be intolerable!!

15. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dan, my daughter purchased the puter on a spcial show, and they have looked at it last year when this happened, saying that there is nothing wrong with it. I beg the difference... Our Internet Provider talked me through several things in the space of three hours to no avail. Then all of a sudden it got right, all by itself. Now it happened the same way again, and this time I am just waiting for that miracle of last year...

By the way, a friend from church sent this prayer via email.... for she was concerned about my computer. [​IMG]

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pray for you, your computer and your steam pipe not to blow a gasket!! :D

17. I Am Blessed 24

Afternoon all:

Dr.B.: Could you be so kind as to keep your storms THERE so you can enjoy them, I don't want any more of them!!! I want Spring!

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THUR MORNING TO MIDNIGHT THURSDAY NIGHT.

SNOW WILL DEVELOP THUR MORNING ACROSS THE IL RIVER VALLEY AND CONTINUE INTO THUR NIGHT. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL OCCUR DURING THURSDAY AFTERNOON. BETWEEN 3 & 6 INCHES OF SNOW IS LIKELY WITH THIS STORM. Grrrrrrrrrr!

§ue (who wants to shovel dirt for her garden, not snow!)

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Sue,

Hi! Are you going to be able to hang around long enough to break 15000?

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hope she will. I always felt it a little "kewl" to go where no man has gone before (sounds like Star Trek, right?) and would rejoice with snow-bound Sue!

I am home bound simply because I am waiting for about $14k worth of products for the clinic that had to be "signed" for. And while the wife is there in the a.m. with patients, we have no staff on duty until 1:eek:o pm.

So I said send it by the house and I would sign for it, then take it out there. Problem? UPS tracking shows it made it to Casper last night and on the truck "somewhere".

But because it is delivered to a home (even though medical equipment) it has not made it yet. And it is almost 1:00 pm and if they'da said they'd be this late, I would NOT be sitting here frustrated!

Oh, well, time for a bowl of soup. ;)

20. I Am Blessed 24

Roger: Sometime this afternoon, probably when I get back from the corner...

Dr.B.: Not to add to your frustration, but I changed my profile to say "Land of Lincoln" instead of Lincoln, Illinois, so you could see it everytime you look at the post count. [​IMG]

§ue (the frustrator) [​IMG]