1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #42

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Mar 14, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

[​IMG]

WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO THE

[​IMG]

The only RULE here is NO fussin', fightin', or feudin'!

I will try to be here to serve you; but if not, feel free to help yourself.

First one in every morning puts the coffee on, last one out at night turns the lights off...

We serve donuts, cinnamon toast (dry toast available upon request), crumpets, bagels, scones, croissants, brioche rolls, yogurt, salads, light lunches, popsicles, ice cream, homemade cookies and homemade pies, and homemade jams.

We also serve coffee (with caffeine and without), hot chocolate, hot tea, iced tea, fresh squeezed lemondade and orange juice, cappucino, Mountain Dew, DP, DDP, Coke, Pepsi, Diet Sierra Mist, milk, milk shakes and Kool-Aid.

If you don't see your drink or food of choice...just ask, we will do our best to stock it for you!

Our aim is to please...come and sit a spell, enjoy the fellowship and come back often!

As Christians, we are ALL on common ground...

[​IMG]

2. I Am Blessed 24

Since I have locked COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #41, I am reposting this as it was at the end.

Originally posted by blackbird:

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hey Y'all. I've got some real sunus pain today and after lunch, took an anithistamine the doctor had given me for that spider bite and it knocked me out cold for 4 hours! I'm still groggy. It's a 12 hour pill. No more of those! I thought it had decongestant in it too but it didn't!

Nice pictures of the youth, Bro. David! They look like a good group of kids!

Sheila, check out that map C.J. sent and look for 1-20 in Georgia and you'll see where I live. I'm 2 miles from the highway.

C.J., enjoy your day off tomorrow! We have swim and have to leave right after 8:00 a.m. That's so hard for me!

Happy Birthday Dr. Bob! And many, many more.

Liz, there's a thread in members private forum where people list their birthday. Sue's our resident Birthday / Anniversary Greeter!

Hi Jim, hope tomorrow finds you feeling MUCH better.

I didn't read but one page of the old house so if I missed someone, forgive me!

Diane

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy. Temps here climbed to 50 by noon, but now at 4 it is dropping like a rock (31 and falling). Might get some flurry action!

And had a great birthday, with family and presents and a hymn sing in the living room and cake and ice cream and . . .

5. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

Hi Diane! I'm sorry about your headache...ouch! But maybe the 4 hour nap helped?

The map I sent Sheila was an "outline" map of the U.S...not a highway map! I found the map and "pointed" her to the states where some of us live!

Here's a link to the map I sent her:

U.S. map

I really think they are seriously planning to come to the U.S. in September with a group from their church! It will be her first trip here...isn't that exciting??!!! [​IMG]

Blackbird...GREAT pictures! Nice looking bunch of kids! And your church is really pretty!

Sue...haven't seen much of you around here today. Are you feeling better?

Actually, looks like several BB'ers are under the weather. We need to pray for all of us to feel better soon!!!

CJ

6. I Am Blessed 24

Evening folks!

CJ: Headache is gone, but it went into my neck, shoulders, and back! I think it's called old age!

50º here this afternoon, but falling now with a 70% chance of snow with 30mph winds.

Glad you had a good day Dr.B:! When the family was all home, we had a family sing-along every time we were together!

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

HI C.J., my sinuses aches in the sinus area but the headache isn't awful. The pollen is just awful here right now! Tree pollen. C.J., noticed your mention of moving after you retire. Does your brother have grandchildren?

Wow, Sue, more snow??? No way! Hope that stiff neck and back ache go away soon.

Dr. Bob, the party sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you have some grandkids nearby.

I'm guessing Roger and Sheila are already asleep? Missed them today.

Diane [​IMG]

8. computerjunkie

Diane, moving after retirement is just a dream we have that may or may not happen!! A couple of years ago, we were on a trip together and we started talking about places we have been that we love. Colorado was high on the list! Then we started talking about how neat it would be to move there when we all retire!!

They don't have any children/grandchildren, so our immediate family is just the three of us! We're a small family with lots of love!! [​IMG]

CJ

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

C.J. I think it's wonderful you're close to BOTH of them! Some families have so much jealousy. Neat! I have 2 sister in laws on Jim's side and my brother married and divorced 5 times. I never even met all his wives! We have a BIG family on both sides.

Colorado is a beautiful place! I'd love to have a big log cabin or farm house with a wrap around porch in the mountains of Tennessee tho.

Diane

10. Karen

Karen Active Member

Hey blackbird,
    Great looking youth group, beautiful church building. But reading the fine print as I so often do :D , you have a Wesson address for the church, yet it is 12 miles from Wesson?
    That's pretty rural!

Karen

11. raisingchildren4Christ

Evening all.....Just thought Id stop in before I head to bed. [​IMG]
    CJ....when you said "dont let the bed bugs bite" It reminded me that I just read an article in some magazine about bed bugs making a come back. EEEkkkkk. I dont ever remember having to deal with bed bugs, but Im a youngin. I really dont want to have to worry about them now either...lol
    Apparently there have been quite a few discovers of bed bugs in peoples homes. Hope they dont find their way here. :eek:
    Blackbird.....love your web site and the youth look so youthful..lol NO really nice pictures. [​IMG]
    Ok Nite all...
    Liz

12. computerjunkie

LOL, Karen! I once tried to find Wesson, MS on a map...and it wasn't there!!! :D

Diane, we ARE very close! They married almost 20 years ago; my sil is not close to her family, so she "adopted" our parents(!), and we have been just like real sisters! I am very fortunate, I know, because that doesn't happen in a lot of families. I continually thank God for them!

Liz...it was just an EXPRESSION!!! Relax!!!! [​IMG]

CJ

13. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Good evening to all!

Happy birthday - Doc - 102 YO - right! I think that you're still pretty lucid for such an old geezer!

Blackbird - seems to me that if you have a website - your picture ought to be posted either by yourself - or with your lovely wife!

Your devotional from yesterday got an Amen - this morning!

Dan - pastor of Faith Independent Baptist Church
    Canisteo, New York

14. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Sue,

Your just getting a little two quick with the locking mechanism of these threads.

Lighten up a bit - and let some of us trouble-makers have a little fun!!!!!

15. I Am Blessed 24

Hey! It was on page 20...we got a new one!

I am taking my heating pad and liniment to bed with me...hopefully I can sleep without moving so the pad will stay put. Yeah, right!

Pleasant dreams all!

§ue (hoping we don't get snow tonight!)

16. Gib

Gib Active Member

Dan-we can get enough trouble without getting into those locked threads. We could burn all the coffee, eat all the doughnuts and pour out all the DDP.

That, my friend, would surely put you in the hot seat. They would never believe I had anything to do with it.

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm starting to lock threads and let folks search for identical subjects. Stuff floats around the 'net and when someone gets it, THEY think it is "new".

I had a story I sent on the grif.net in 1997 and someone just forwarded it to be as "really neat" and hoped I could use it. I HAD!!

I'm also warning people on "debate" forums that if they post-and-run (controversial hit, then never answer or discuss) they will be in trouble with me. That is not fair to folks who want to have an honest debate.

Yes, I'm a meanie. But you all knew it! [​IMG]

18. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Good Morning. I can't sleep so I thought I would check out my e-mails and look in here and see what everyone is up to. Must be that you are all in the land of nod...

Going for a wander while it is quiet.

Sheila

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Good morning Sheila (and all later).

Dublin City is not my favourite,but gotta run some errands there today.

Have you broken 6000 posts yet, Sheila?

Roger

20. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Hi Roger,

I hope you have a good day. I have a full day lined up, God Willing.

Which is your favourite town/city in Ireland then Roger? I have yet to visit Ireland.

Blessings

Sheila