1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #58

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Gib

Gib Active Member

You moderators should be nicer to each other, before someone gets the wrong idea. :rolleyes:

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

[​IMG] Gib [​IMG]

Now Blackbird!!! You leave Diane alone! [​IMG]

I think she got to [​IMG] in this morning 'cause one of her 'early tykes' was running a fever and stayed home... :(

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sue's right! Tyler's mom called me last night and he'd taken a turn for the worse. They had called the doctor to see if they needed to take him to the hospital. High fever even with Advil, shakey and weak, fast and labored breathing... I haven't heard how he is.

I got up at 7:45 so wasn't ignoring you, Blackbird. Pastor Rick mentioned Mordacai a couple of times but it wasn't the Deacons giving him trouble but ONE man on the nominating committee. Still, a 92% yea vote is good!

Somehow a tiny church in California got it's email stolen and thousands of people are getting hundreds of emails a day. We all got about 12 notices of some event in New England but then women started responding asking to be removed and everyone got copies of every reply. The preacher wrote a note saying he didn't send out the notices and their email list is only a small group of church members. He's checked his computer for viruses and contacted his ISP... and asked the women to please stop responding so we won't all get more and more. Well, I had 36 this morning!

Diane

4. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

Good Afternoon everyone! I hope that everyone's day is progressing fine.

Luke 11:1 One day Jesus was praying in a certian place. When he finished one of his disiples said to him, "Lord, Teach us to PRAY, just as John taught his disiples."

I've been doing an enormus amount of prayer rescently and, this verse has been a bit of an insipration to me. If the disiples needed to learn how to pray, then i'm in the same boat.

We're having Hot Dogs for dinner (one of the things my kids never complain about eating)...

And, I will check in with you later this evening.

God Bless your Afternoon and Evenings!

5. I Am Blessed 24

Good afternoon all:

Just popping in. Brent washed and dried the dishes for me this morning. It took me four hours to do the laundry and ironing!!! And that is just for one week!

It is almost time to go pick up the papers. I didn't realize how much spare time I HAD until the boys moved in!!!

Have a good afternoon. I will be on this evening after supper.

§ue (tired but lovin' it)

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good morning (almost afternoon) to everyone. I've been hitting some problems in the Versions Forum - DON'T GO THERE - and been too busy.

Waiting for a call from the printers that the first newsletters are done so we can begin the fold, tape, label, stamp process. Ugh.

Will check back in when watching the late-night Olympic review at midnight. [​IMG]

7. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Sales and Music, that's right up Jim's alley isn't it? that's Great!!!PTL!!

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Yep, Gayla, he's thrilled. He'll think he's in heaven!

Sue, I do laundry every day so I don't have a lot at a time but today I dug out some pants I'd hid because they're 100% cotton and I didn't want to iron them. ;) ;)

Oh Dr. Bob, how can you even consider going on vacation while you're having so much fun in the versions forum??? PLEASE don't leave us NKJV people alone!

Diane

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

My little toddlers Mom just called and he's got a fever of 103.7 but the doctor can't find anything wrong with him other than pink tonsils. He did a strep test, CBC and his white cells, etc were normal.... chest is clear, ears are fine... So Ty isn't coming again tomorrow. I had told myself that if he wasn't coming tomorrow that I'd do some ironing while watching t.v. tonight since I can sleep in. Drat!

I hate to iron! Where is that Computer Junkie? She irons... I could slip mine in her pile.... ;)

Diane

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I haven't heard from CJ since June!

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

She's been really busy with her job at church, and more. She's sort of taking a break from the internet too. She does glance at the board once in a while.

Diane

12. I Am Blessed 24

Popping in to say good night. I have THREE grandsons tonight! 10-16-20 years of age. I'm not complaining though!!!

But I AM going to bed. I start back to work in the morning and I want a good night's sleep.

Pleasant dreams all!

Grandma §ue (feeling loved) [​IMG]

13. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Diane says, "She does glance at the board once i a while." ---- obviously refering to CJ

But it made Blackbird have a dreadful "flashback" to his school days in the Elementary grades----letter written and sent home to Blackbird's parents from the 3rd grade teacher----written in Cursive so that Blackbird could not decypher---a dreadful NAZI Gestapo trick that Blackbird fell for!!

The note translated from cursive to manuscript

"He does glance at the board once in a while."

End result of coded cursive----a leather belt on Blackbird's seat!!!!!!

14. Brother Tim

Brother Tim New Member

Dear friends. I should know this myself, but my mind draws a blank. Please help.

What was the name of the man whom God let be tempted by satan. The man lost his family and his health but not his trust in God.

What was his name? It's on the tip of my toung and driving me crackers.

15. Brother Tim

Brother Tim New Member

Tongue!!! now I can't spell either!

16. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Job,
    But I was hoping that you're kidding.

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Night all. Gotta get back to work folding, labeling and stamping 500 more newsletters before turning in. Then will run this first batch to the Post in the a.m. . . and start on the next!

Not too many guys with two doctorates will spend this many hours doing minimum wage clerical work! But it is SOMETHING I can do - my hands still work enough to get those pesky stamps in the right-hand corner!!

Leave the light on, but close the fridge. Rooster may come in late and eat up the cheese danish I have set aside for a late-night snack!

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I'm here guarding the fridge! [​IMG]

19. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oops! I did not see you Brother Roger. Otherwise I would have alerted you, as I was taking two Dr Peppers for the road. Have a nice day everyone, and a victorious one at that in the Lord! [​IMG]

20. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Barnabas----I have my "Sling and Five Stones" locked and loaded!!!