1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #58

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Aug 20, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Well, I need to get dressed so I can be off to the corner in the rain! All this week I have to be there three times a day. Starting next week, I will go back to my usual two times a day...

Have a great day everyone! TTFN!

[​IMG]
    §ue

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning all! It's so cool and breezy here that my boys are still snoring away! The worst part of summer is gone now and the days only hit mid 80°'s so not too hot. It's a perfect 70° right now!

I have all the big kids today. Ty's family left on vacation this morning and I won't have him til next Wednesday. It seemed his fever had broken but after 3 doctor visits, they never found anything wrong. Must have been a virus. I sure pray they have a wonderful time. I do have to take the oldest girl to soccer at 6:00 tonight and have to make sure everyone has their homework finished. The 9 year old will cry and try to get ME to do her work. She's met her match and doesn't like it that I won't give her all the answers.

Tomorrow I only have the two girls. One is the mouthy 9 year old who likes to rile the other kids up. They're supposed to be picked up right after 5 but it's usually 7:30 when mom pulls up.

Saturday is my yearly AWANA Leadership training and I'll have to be at the church at 5:30 so I'll have my clothes ready, makeup set out, etc. the night before.

1 Peter 5:9 "But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world."

3. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Diane, Dalton is not that far away from Villa Rica, what time do the classes start?
    somebody wants to have plenty of time to get there, obviously.
    [​IMG]

4. Eutychus

Eutychus Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Morning All - been sleeping with the windows closed because it is just too cold at night. Gets down to mid 40's.

The western part of Wyoming (above 9k) are expecting more snow tonight. Serious climbing in the Grand Tetons has pretty much stopped because of early snows.

Think going to Alaska will end up being WARMER than staying in Wyoming! (Or not, since they forcast 80+ highs here for the next 10 days)

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

It's 87 miles Gayla but with winding roads. Registration is at 7:45 and opening ceremony at 8:00. We voted last year to shorten the day so we would still have some time left on Saturdays. We're not staying for the hour long program pushing a new division of the AWANA program so we'll head home by noon.

7. Gayla

Gayla New Member

5:30 may be a good time then, so you're not running in breathless at the last minute.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! I've just been told we've got termites!!!

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Shucks Gayla! That should have been checked before the loan closing and should be covered! I think it's the law in Georgia that you have to present a clean report.

Call your real estate agent or banker!

Diane

9. Gayla

Gayla New Member

We had an inspection done in May, before we bought the house. But he said he didn't see anything. The 'Bugman' said they've been there awile and the inspector should've noticed.

do you mean covered by insurance or warranty?

10. I Am Blessed 24

The seller should be responsible for that!

A good exterminator can provide proof they were there before you bought the house...

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The seller will have to repair any damage and treat the house. HE paid for the inspection and will have to recover his loss from the company he used. Their insurance will cover it. Don't let them make YOU pay for the removal and repairs!!

Diane

12. I Am Blessed 24

Just popping in to say good night.

Tomorrow is a busy day for all of us. We would appreciate your prayers (for endurance and negative test results...)

1) Dale/work 6:30-11:30
    2) Sue/fix breakfast 7:00
    3) Sue/work the corner 8-8:30
    4) Sue/tests at hospital 10:00-?
    5) Sue/fix lunch 12:00
    6) Dale/batteries checked at doctors 1:00-2:30
    7) Sue/pick up papers 1:30
    8) Brent & Sue/fold papers 1:30-2:15
    9) Sue/work at corner 2:30-3:00
    10) Brent & Sue/deliver papers 3:00-4:15
    11) Sue/fix supper 5:00
    12) Dale/Sue/Brent/go to Hot Air Ballon Fest 6:00-?
    13) Sue/fix snack and get Brent in bed
    14) Sue/wait up for Bobby to get back from Arkansas 9:00-?
    15) COLLAPSE IN BED SO I CAN GET UP AT 3:30AM SATURDAY AND DELIVER PAPERS AGAIN!!!

Can anyone say T I R E D???

Pleasant dreams all!
    [​IMG]
    §ue

13. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Been working 12 hour days - am getting tired!

How are you all - I've missed being on the board and talking with you all!

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reading Sue's posts and I got tired!

Did some work at the clinic and then an afternoon wedding -- in Spanish (thru an interpreter). Supper tonight with my son and fam - they are packing their house and will get the UHaul this weekend. And we leave for Vancouver BC, then Alaska, so thought this the only time to get together.

Life moves on at petty pace.

15. I Am Blessed 24

Me too, Dr.B.!!!

Good morning all:

I am up and running! This may be the only time I have to post today so I am taking advantage of it.

It is another rainy day with high, humid temps and a flash flood warning. I got wet three times yesterday, maybe I can break my record today. :rolleyes:

16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Good morning. [​IMG] It's rather warm here for this time of day, hope that's not an indication of high temps later!
    Gina

17. Gib

Gib Active Member

Good morning,

I start another vacation today and looks like I won't have anytime to myself. Cheryl has a Honey-must-do list to be completed before I can leave the house. My boss cuts me more slack than Cheryl does.

18. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Gib---Gibby---Gibster!!! See??? Today so happens to be our anniversary!!! And guess what??? Miriam and I have agreed on a "truce!" A 24 hour "Amnesty" agreement to "cease all hostilities!"

She can "Whistle Dixie" as a native Ala-e-bam-an and I can still "Jazz" it up New Orleans' style Cajun!!!

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy - it rained last night (hail, too) and then light rain and drizzle all night and still going on now. 43F and rain makes it DREARY.

Where is "the sky is not cloudy all day"??? We need every bit of moisture for certain sure, so nobody will complain.

Lots of last-minute stuff to do. Orders, banking, etc, then flying outta here. Weather forecast shows it will be warmer and drier in Ketchican, Alaska than Casper!

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well today is just the two girls but one .... let's just say she spends every minute trying to do exactly opposite of what she's supposed to be doing! I'm praying her birth father picks her up at school today so I don't have to deal with her attitude! [​IMG]

Their mom gets off work at 5 tonight but every Friday night, comes waltzing in around 7:30.

I've GOT to go to bed at a decent time tonight because of the AWANA training tomorrow and having to be at the church at 5:30 a.m.!!!

Diane