1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #60!!!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Sep 25, 2004.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Yep.... It'll be $32. here for Sun. night thru Wed. night. He's decided to park and pay because Nick and I would have a problem with church attendance on Sunday night and Nick MUST be there for a special practice. He and the puppet team are doing a show to go along with Pastor Rick's sermon on Oct. 31st. Nick has a key part. Kid number 3. LOL

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Ummmmmmm??? Nick's part??? Is it before or after the sermon??

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Before. They're doing it in both services and Miss Amy (Nick is in LOVE with her. She's about 23 and so precious...) said the kids could leave after they did the show so they didn't need to sit through both sermons. :eek:

Homeschool Mom bragging here... They were going to do another play first. Amy chose the parts according to age. She called me the other day and said next time she'll do it differently because Nick reads better than the 6th graders (P/S kids, mind you...)

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well boys and girls.... Jim fell asleep watching the baseball game so I'm going to guide him to bed and put on some REAL t.v.

Sleep well and may God keep you safe and a special prayer for Dr. Bob who is traveling, that he be free from pain with all this driving and walking, Roger and his family who are in the states, Sue's daughter who is recovering from surgery and grandson who has surgery early Nov.....

Ps 4:8 I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Diane

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well goodmorning to all who come after me! I know you're up and getting ready for this Lord's Day.

Wow, did I sleep great until 4:00 a.m. My body is trying to adjust to getting up for Ty four days a week and I awaken thinking it's time to get up. I did get back to sleep and had a nice dream about visiting with you, Gib. You'd cut your ponytail off but also had a totally new look. I wouldn't have recognized you except for those eyes! You and Jim were teasing me and you were laughing so hard. It was a good dream. Hope you have a happy day.

My Sunday School Lesson today for the 4 year olds is on Mary and Martha. I wish the SBC would let ME write the lessons for the little ones. I end up doing it my way anyhow tho. [​IMG]

Have a wonderful day, y'all. Jim has to work from noon til 4, drive home and pick up his things and then go back toward Atlanta to the airport for a night flight to D.C. He'll not be home til almost midnight on Wednesday. Same thing next week.

1 Co 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning Diane and all:

I slept well last night too - until the alarm went off at 3:30...

Papers are all delivered. We are eating blueberry waffles and drinking hot cocoa to warm up our 'innards'!

Low thirties with 20-30 mph winds this morning. Brrrrrr!

I mainly drove today and Brent threw most of the papers since my Bronchitis is kicking in REAL good!

Looks like I will be staying home watching Charles Stanley on TV while everyone else goes to church this morning.

Have a great day in the Lord!
    §ue (chillin' - literally!)

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Exodus 15:13 "In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling."

Hope your bronchitis can be quickly healed Sue! With Jim's many lung problems, I know how ill cold wind can make you. :(

Have a blessed day worshipping in HIS presence.

Love,
    Diane

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

What'd the Preacher preach on today, Ladies???

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Pastor Rick preached on 'Treed', Zacchaeus and how we sometimes have to be put out on our own (even in dire circumstances) for a learning or healing time.

10. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

My husband preached from Titus 3. He did a beautiful exposition on the text and applied it directly to our church situation. Toward the end, it says to warn a divisive person once, then warn them again, but after that, have nothing to do with them because we are created to do good. (My loose paraphrase.) It was one that left mouths hanging wide open.

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sounds great TaterTot. There are so many great lessons in Titus!

Blackbird, Dr. Nelson Price visited our church today with family. [​IMG]

Well, Jim's watching the ballgame and Nick's trying to get attention by talking over the t.v. I should really head to bed since tomorrow starts at 5:30 but I've gotten so used to staying up late and enjoy the quiet time once Nick's asleep.

Hope all are well!

For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom He paid was not mere gold or silver. 19 He paid for you with the precious lifeblood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. 20 God chose Him for this purpose long before the world began, but now in these final days, He was sent to the earth for all to see. And He did this for you.
    1 Peter 1:18

12. Karen

Karen Active Member

I'm actually going to pray that you and your church can communicate better. You go to a large church. Why cannot the deacon assigned to your family drive you or find someone to drive you? PLEASE don't be shy about asking people at church to help you with this kind of stuff! That goes for changing tires after church, too.
    Some of the things you describe have been a spur to me to look around more carefully in my own church for unmet needs.

Karen

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Thank you Karen, but Jim didn't have to go afterall.

I'm not one to ask for help and Jim had planned on paying for parking to keep me from having to pick him up so late at night with Ty coming in so early a.m. Even our son Jon would have done it if he were off work. He works 12 hour nights 7-7.

Our church has a Doula group that helps out. One just has to ask. I'm the person people can call if they need emergency child care. [​IMG] I don't accept pay for those needs.

You're so sweet to remember!
    Diane

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy all. Glad to be back home safely. Drove Milwaukee to Rapid City (yes, that's across 3 entire states and BIG ones at that) on Saturday, then up early this a.m. to head to Dry Creek. Great preaching, communion and pot-faith dinner.

Finally home and trying to recouperate. I ahve had a bug for an entire week that has sapped a lot of strength.

Hope to spend some time on the morrow catching up. [​IMG]

15. Gib

Gib Active Member

Look out! It's alive!

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning all, just dropping in while I wait for Ty to arrive and then hope I can doze back off. I didn't sleep much at all last night. Fell asleep about midnight and woke at 2:00. I got back to sleep probably at 3:30 to get up for Ty at 5:20. This is going to be a VERY long day.

Hope you're feeling much better Dr. Bob. I'd been very concerned about you traveling..... and prayed for you often.

Gib, I love your sense of humor. You and Dr. Bob, Blackbird and my husband could crack up the most serious people with your dry humor. [​IMG]

Diane

17. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Diane!!! Dr. Price, huh??? Mercy, did he move his letter??? I have several of his books---good author and preacher!

And Karen is "on the money" in that last post, Diane! I've got some Godly deacons who would do that in a second and not blink an eye!---No tellin' how many times I've gotten myself involved in what she described----along with the Deacon! Driving folks to the airport---mowing their grass---fixing plumbing, etc. It works!

18. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning Diane, Blackbird, and all who rise later:

It is raining AGAIN! It is almost impossible to stay dry on 'the corner', no matter WHAT I wear!

Diane: It's not a sin to ask for help! When Shawna was 15 and having radiation treatments 35 miles away - I couldn't afford to take her every week.

The Pastor announced, from the pulpit, that he needed some ladies to volunteer for one Friday a month. The radiation lasted six-weeks and a different lady took her every week.

God WILL provide, but sometimes we have to ask...

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I know, I know..... I just always think there's a greater need than mine and the Lord did work it all out. [​IMG]

Just woke again so I go in maybe another 2 hours sleep. Oh what DREAMS tho! Strange! (hormones)

Diane

20. I Am Blessed 24

I am off to the 'corner' in the wind and rain...

Looks like we will be relocating to a new CH sometime today!

CYAL!

[​IMG]
    §ue