1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #60!!!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good morning folks! Look at this.... I just turn around and Sue has a new gathering place (CGCH #60). Somebody over here is doing a lot of talkin' [​IMG]

edited to fix bolding only

[ September 27, 2004, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy and blessed Monday to all. Just have a short time on the BB today as we are getting the house ready for a luncheon and then work this afternoon at the clinic. [​IMG]

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning Dr. Bob and Barnabas! Hope you both have a lovely day!

Deuteronomy 4:29 NKJV:
    "But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul."

Diane

4. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    WOW, Diane, thanks for the edit! [​IMG] I must have been hasty this morning. :rolleyes:

Truth to the matter is, my IP number has been re-written misteriously and I was not able to send or receive emails. I worked on the computer last night, after coming home from church, until 2:00 AM this morning to no avail. I did not know what was wrong.... :confused:

But this morning the Lord gave me this idea to check if my IP numbers were in order. Well, they weren't. I don't know how this could have happened, but I have a new sets of numbers. When I realized what was going on I had the computer fix the connection, and so I am on, but kind of sleepy. [​IMG]

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I drove Brent to Springfield with NO PROBLEM! [​IMG]

His surgery is November 2nd. He is to have an Orchiopexy on one side and possibly Hernia repair on the other side. We go in at 9:30AM (out-patient) and I will be able to bring him home that afternoon. (I am taking my crocheting!) ;)

Brent also has an unrelated appointment with the family doctor in Lincoln today at 1:40. Then we will go to Court at 3:30. Nothing like making good use of a day off from school!!! :rolleyes:

I need to fix lunch now so we can get ready to be off and running again! :eek:

TTFN!
    §ue (gained a victory this morning!)

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Wonderful praises Sue and great work Barnabas!

My family will keep praying for Brent's healing. Boy you ARE busy today! Will you be home in time to do your papers?

2 Timothy 1:7
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

John 14:27
    Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

7. I Am Blessed 24

Thanks Diane:

No, the times don't coincide for me to be able to do the papers today. I have 2 subs doing my papers and another sub working 'the corner' for me. There is no way I could get them done with all these appointments.

It is costing me $30.00 for my 2 paper subs (no one will do both paper routes like Brent and I do...) and $18.00 for my 'corner' sub; but what else could I do???

I will have to hire them again the day Brent has surgery. He won't be able to help for several days after surgery, so I will be doing them by myself for awhile.

I need to scoot. I forgot I have stop by the bank SOMETIME today!

Have a good day all and pray I have a good report when I leave Court...

§ue

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Surely will Sue! Victory FOR Jesus in court today!

Diane

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The heavy rains are just moving in. It's dropped to mid 60°'s with 40MPH winds so it feels a lot cooler. I love this type weather!

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

"I love this type weather!"---saith Diane Tav

But Blackbird says, "Up the wind's MPH just a few more MPHer's and she'll march to the beat of a different drummer!

11. I Am Blessed 24

Woo Hoo! PTL! Court was running an hour late, but it is finally over and we now are Brent's legal guardians!

I took him by the family doctor's today about a small rash right below his lower lip that just didn't look right to me. I'm glad I did. It is "impetigo"!

He is on antibiotics for 10 days and will probably be staying home from school the rest of the week due to the VERY contagious nature of this malady. I imagine he picked it up at school as no one here has it...

He is begging me to home school him and I have an appointment with the director of home schoolers this Thursday to decide if it is feasible.

Off to fix supper...
    §ue (heating up left-overs!)

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sorry Blackbird... WRONG! Wind doesn't bother me... unless it's a tornado, because they cannot be tracked fast enough to warn of exact hits.

Remember... I'm from MOBILE and lived there through many of the worst hurricanes they've ever had. One hurricane lifted the water out of Mobile Bay and deposited it down toward Louisiana! The deepest place left in the bay was less than 9 feet! I've been outside in the eye of a hurricane back in 1957 I believe it was.

We're having rain and wind but nothing serious. I've got all my windows open and it's not raining in.

I had the children make butterflies out of coffee filters today. They play so well together when we're doing crafts. Only once did I have to ask one of the girls not to be critical of Nick. They love to use all his toys and yet make negative remarks about running out of paint, etc.

Jim's heading home soon and Ty comes at 5:30 again tomorrow and Wednesday. His grandparents are coming for a visit on Wed. - Thurs. so I get Thursday off with pay. He's such a doll that I miss him when he's not here.

Nick was playing with a neigborhood friend but here's the children I keep watching a movie today.

Left to right: Morgan is 11, Lindsey is 9, Max is 5 (Morgan's brother) Brooke is 5 (Lindsey's half sister) and Tyler is 3 in December and not kin to any of them.

Larger Photo , Click Here!

[​IMG]

[ September 27, 2004, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Here's Nick and Ty at the Fair. Ty wanted to ride the stuffed cow. Neither wanted to pose for photos!

Larger picture Click Here
    [​IMG]

We weighed the boys right after that. Ty is 39lbs but not an ounce of baby fat. Nick is 72lbs.

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Wow Sue! Praise the Lord!
    I'm so happy and know that relieves Brent's little mind too.

Nick had another paronychia on his finger which is staph. I have either an infected hair or folliculitis on my leg which is possibly staph so we're both on Keflex for a week. We caught both of ours early so don't have to take the full 10-14 days. Both of ours are healing really quickly but they also gave us Mupirocin ointment which is pretty strong antibiotic.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me talk to you about how wonderful home schooling is! You can buy books right off Ebay too. I have free in US calling so I'll gladly give you the details if you'll let me know when to call. [​IMG]

Diane

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Correction Sue! Nick's IS for 10 days also. I just looked at the bottle when I gave his final dose of the day.

16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

The hurricane that lifted water out of Mobile Bay and deposited it in Louisiana----Really??? When did that happen?? Are you sure that wasn't a "Crimson Tide" comeing in to Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge and the Tigers disposeing of them??? "Round the bowl and down the hole---roll tide roll???"

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Before YOU were born probably! LOL I think it was 1954 or '57. Mother and I were talking about old Hurricanes the other night and did some searching trying to recall which name went with which occurance.

18. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice pix Diane! [​IMG]

My wife and I were invited to a friend's house for dinner last Sunday, and we took our house guests. We are seated at the rear of the table. Our house guests, from Hungary, are seated on the left front area..... they are Kato and Jozsef Kubinyi (my wife's older brother). A week ago Saturday, they celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary. [​IMG]

CLICK HERE TO SEE PHOTO

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

How often does that happen? For about 20 YEARS the mighty Tide OWNED Tiger Stadium [​IMG] !

20. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

Seemed like another short night, but I guess it really wasn't. I think I was just too keyed up yesterday!

Diane: I will talk to you on AIM today about homeschooling. If I decide to do that, I will be using A.C.E. paces. I am used to those! I am still divided on what to do.

I am used to having my 'quiet time' and I'm not sure I would function well not having any. I can't seem to get all my work done NOW... Plus, I keep thinking about how old I'll be when Brent graduates!

Off to check other forums,
    §ue