1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #60!!!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will pray; my fingers are having a hard enough time typing, so won't cross them!

And I'm thinking pleasant thoughts, so pray they continue on into the dreams! Got a new CPAP mask (always a little tough to break in) but will leep better.

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

It was a very short night (and restless), so I am still tired! [​IMG]

Bobby has the day off from Cracker Barrel AND the church so we are going to tackle some jobs in the basement (think cobwebs). :eek:

It is 48º this morning and supposed to rain throughout the week-end with a low of 27º tomorrow night (think Winter)!!! [​IMG]

Cruising,
    [​IMG] §ue

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Oh I'd LOVE a hard freeze here Sue! The mosquitos are so bad! Nick has to wear long sleeves and pants just to go outside.

I'm thinking of having the kids make frogs this afternoon OR spiders from tuna fish cans. We made coffee filter butterflies one day and bat's yesterday. The bats are made from poster board and are shaped like cones. They have a string with beads and crinkly paper attached to look like bugs. A game is played where you try to catch the 'bug' in the bat's mouth. Wednesday we made scarecrows. I had the head, arms and feet. The kids had to make a body from scraps and then glue him on construction paper creating a farm scene. Last Friday we painted fall scenes with broken fences, corn stalks, etc.

The frogs are made from folded in half paper plates with tongues, eyes, and legs attached. Max has to have us do almost everything for him so it's easier to do simple things when he's here. The 2 year old can follow directions much better!

Must prepare for our day!
    Diane

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

hi everyone. The crab legs last night were awesome. And we had a wonderful time of fellowship with some church members as well.
    My 3 and 1/2 year old is going to the Beauty Shop today for her first haircut. :( She has curly hair, and it has just gotten to her eyes, so she needs a little trim in the front. She is so excited. She is getting her nails painted, too. (The joys of a small town salon!) She is so girly.

Well, have a great day.
    Tater

5. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like fun to me, Tater! Make it a real "girls day out"! (Or as much as you can with girls that age. Hey, take it when you can!)

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

No idea what I'll do for supper tonight, Tater Tot. It's just Nick and myself so I hate to roast a whole chicken or something else large. Gotta put on my thinking cap.

Nick's working quick today. There's no public school and he knows the child next door sleeps in til about noon so he's trying to finish so they can play all day!

My afternoon kids today will just be Max and Morgan and their Dad will drop them off about 1:30. He works 3 until....? The other family might drop off the younger sister after they leave the hospital with Lindsey (tonsils). They're sending Lindsey to her birth father's house for the weekend. I guess I'm a weird mom... but there is NO WAY my child would go stay somewhere else after surgery. :eek: I think my mommie ego must be awfully big! :yikes:

7. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good morning and good afternoon and good evening folks! (Try to cover every time-zone) [​IMG]

Tomorrow we will take our guests to Brother Dan's country. Most of our relatives live in the Oneonta area, although some spread around to Rochester and Buffalo. But they will be all together tomorrow, for they want to see their uncle and aunt from Hungary. Will leave early in the morning and return in the evening, leaving our folks with one of the nieces. They'll bring them home sometime next week. Hope you folks will have a blessed weekend! [​IMG]

8. Gib

Gib Active Member

Diane-we have about 4-12 packs of vienna sausages we bought before the hurricane in case we didn't have power. Ate one can and decided not to eat any more. I'll put them on a jet plane and get them right to you just in time for supper. Lots of cheese and ketchup and you'll never know they are there.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

SHAME SHAME... I do like them, Sam I Am! I do like Vienna Sausages! However, I've only eaten one can in 34 years because they're so bad for you! Just like hot dogs! ;)

Diane

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Vienna Sausage??? Is it too late to change the address label on the package??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOLOLOL Isn't it awful Roger that something so BAD for us can taste so GOOD? LOLOLOL
    [​IMG]
    Now I will NOT eat Spam! I like Deviled Ham..... more left over pieces of meat.... :eek: but I do not eat it!

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    An old evangelist (Jim Mercer) used to ask that we NOT take him to dinner before the evening service. Have a big meal at noon - we were a farm community so it was at a different home each day.

At night he wanted Ritz crackers and Vienna sausages to eat in his motel room. That was it.

He never preached more than 20 minutes. First night he just got started and sat down. I was a young preacher and dumbstruck - thought maybe he was sick.

Guess he was just too hungry looking forward to those sausages . . . :eek:

13. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Skip the vienna sausages and just give me a can of pickled herring, kippers, or sardines!

I'm not sure how one sprains their hip (or groin), but I did mine this morning and the pain is so bad I can hardly walk. It even hurts when I'm sitting. :(

It feels like I've pulled my leg out at the top joint! Or someone has twisted it like they do the dolls with moveable legs like Barbie...

I have no idea what to do about it. It would take MILES of bandages to wrap it (not that it could even be done)! :rolleyes:

The police are going to take care of my 'corner' this afternoon and Brent will throw all the papers, but I still have to drive him. I guess I can crawl to the car. :confused:

Hope to be back later. Am going to take 800mg of Ibuprofen - am tempted to take about four of them!

[​IMG]
    §ue

14. Debby in Philly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, Sue! I know what it feels like. I used to get the lower back strain and not be able to straighten up. What you need is to sit in a hot tub. But the ibuprofen should help too. Hope it doesn't upset your stomach any.

Beautiful sunny day here, fall is in the air! Makes me want to get my sticks and grab a drum and head out for a football field. I still miss marching band.

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

My afternoon kids got here early since there's no school, rushed out back to play, caught a giant toad, brought him in to show me... of course I pick him up and he pees all over the carpet! LOLOL

16. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Vienna Sausages? Yuck!!! Aren't vienna sausages canned for dog meat in this country? :eek:

Scroll down on this link: http://frenchbrittany.hypermart.net/six.htm

Be sure you scroll down until you see the cans with the vienna saussages. [​IMG]

17. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

We had a wonderful time at the beauty shop. Oh, Miss Priss was so "growny". She now has bangs and her curly hair looks so much thicker. I wish I knew how to post her picture.

Little Sis stayed home with Daddy and they took the dogs for a ride and went for a special walk to the creek. She loves doing that. Now we are all back together and are trying to decide what to do for supper.

18. Debby in Philly

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

We ran to the next town over in an attempt to get tickets to see the President tomorrow.
    We're in the drawing, so slim chance. My daughter is in tears, she wants to shake his hand. (she likes him)
    So, we're gonna get up early and she's got a sign that says "shake my hand please!" LOL
    He may speak on the square outside before he goes in, so she's got a slight chance, so we're going.
    If she ever comes out of her room. She's in there pouting right now.

So, it was a long day when all was said and done with running around and blah blah blah.
    I'm sleepy! But now it's time to start dinner. I need a maid! [​IMG]
    Gina