1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #62

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a missionary friend in Togo, with the Association of Baptists for World Evangelism. I pray your friends can find safety in this troubled time. They will find a welcome in Togo, and there is much work to be done there as well.

2. fireweed59

fireweed59 New Member

:eek: Wow! Shore I'm new ta this heeer 'puter stuff, an tain't had much book lernin but can it be possubull that yore posts wer reely made at 2:00, 3:00, an 4:00 in the mornin?!!?

I AM BLESSED, GIB, and BLACKBIRD: Unless I'm misunderstanding this screen, you all should open your Bibles and read the geneaologies in the O.T. when you can't sleep and it'll help, I guarantee it. [​IMG]

I'm beginning to think I have it best because most of you are asleep, when it is evening here at home, so I tend to get the last word of the day in.

I AM BLESSED (SUE): I would never dream, as a newcomer, to even be considered in the same sentence with the BB-renowned, Dr.Bob. (even if it is only about a perceived sense of humor) You give me far, far too much credit, too quickly, really, I'm still looking for the coffee and doughnuts here, and haven't figured out how to get them yet. :confused: (I'm a junior member with cause) Besides, at least he has the raw courage to post his picture for all to see! :cool: (but then a man with 3 spouses in the house would have a lot to smile about. Must be one of those mormon baptists) :eek:

DIANE: I'm sorry. I haven't been entirely honest, with any of you... the '59 at the end of fireweed is, sadly, not for a Chevy, --(although I'm encouraged, no, I'm thrilled you would think so! You know, they're Fiat people over at the Catholic site. Must be a European thing.)--but I doctored the numbers! Its a '95 Dodge Caravan. This is very embarrasing, well now you know. NOW YOU ALL KNOW! Ahh, confession is good for the soul.

BLACKBIRD: Thems sum purdy extremist vewpoynts fer a moderate(r). Dehrs nuttin bout firweed dats got anyting to do wit Willie Nelsuns cigarettes no matter witch hand he holds em in. An rubbin up to Soo idn't gonna do ya no good cuz I'm buginnin tuh think theres no donuts or coffee here anyhow.

DR. BOB: On second thought... How do we know that the picture you've posted isn't a paid model? Or maybe even a clipping from an issue of Gentleman's Quarterly magazine?!! I mean real people just don't look that good. Are you sure you're a Bible believing Baptist? No, no. Real Baptists don't take pictures that good, uhn-um, can't be, no siree. [​IMG] [​IMG]

TO ALL: Whew! Don't know what got into me. I have a very serious side so don't draw too many conclusions, just had to play. I think I've had too much caffiene! (Just had a large Pepsi) "Fireweeds done burned himself out." Better go to bed. (Now don't hit that "Add reply" button, its not to late, I could just cancel... don't do it, (pulling hand back from mouse) aahrrrrgggg...

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

fireweed: I don't have any problem sleeping. I get up around 4:00 a.m., but then I go to bed around 8:00 p.m. :eek:

According to MY screen - you posted at 1:21 a.m., maybe YOU need to read the geneaologies in the O.T. [​IMG]

It is a cold, rainy morning here and not going to get above 50 today. Brent and I are leaving for Springfield around 7:30 this morning for his post-op exam with the pediatric surgeon. His appointment was for 11:00 a.m., but the nurse called last night and asked if we could be there by 8:50...no problem!

We MIGHT even be able to make it back here for the Veteran's Day Memorial Service held on the Courthouse lawn. I've been attending that every year since I was a 'wee' one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LEST WE FORGET...

§ue

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

I don't have a problem going to sleep. When I'm tired, I go. It's just that sometimes, I don't get tired till real early in the morning.

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning Gib;

When I didn't have to get up so early in the morning, I would stay up late sometimes - but no more!

I am off to shower and get Brent up so I can feed him before we head for Springfield.

His post-op will go fine because he is back to normal now and doing EVERYTHING (and more) than he did before. Stitches have all dissolved and not even much of a scar (in any of the three places where he was incised).

HAGD all! Will be back later this afternoon.

§ue (Happy Veteran's Day!)

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

TaterTot---Gib has a pellet gun he'll let you borrow!! Sorry, my arsonal contains nothing smaller than a .22cal!!

Fireweed---Blackbird is concerned about you!! Right at this moment---are there men in white suits knockin' on your door????

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Lawsy Mercy... I'd sleep til 10:00 if somebody would let me! I always was early to bed but in the last few years grew to like staying up late. It was my only quiet time....

Now I HAVE to be up early because of doing daycare so..... Been up since 5:20 and will have kids til at least 7:30 because one Dad gets off at 5:00 and always has something to do until time for his wife to get off at 8:00. I've GOT to put a stop to this! I feed their kids almost every night now and help with homework.... and they pay the least of all. :(

Diane

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Weird weather out here right now, it looks like it's gonna storm bad but it isn't, the colors look like a summer storm but air has a freeze to it like it's gonna snow, and the wind is swirling the fallen leaves, and a bee tried to get at me while I was getting in the car! So a bit of all the seasons. Like I said...WEIRD!

I'd like to curl up under a blanket and go to sleep for the rest of the day! Felt like I ran a marathon when I woke up this morning.

Sue, Brent is your grandson, isn't he? I hadn't realized he lived with you until a few weeks ago when you were talking about his surgery.

Gina

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blessed Armistice Day to all. It's just about 11.11.11 here in Wyoming. We remember.

33F and not going to get past 45F for the high, with snow showers forcast again tonight. We in the city (5200 feet) don't worry of such, but look south at Casper Mountain (9,000 feet) and it a beautifully white. If it would stay cold enough, they could make snow for a base on the ski area. But the temps yo-yo so much what is made at night melts in the day.

Bible study this morning dealt with Jewish sacrificial system. I taught a lady who then holds bible studies for women. Multiplies the effort.

Pastor and mission team from London are flying in to Denver about now, then driving the 240 miles up to Wyoming. Can't wait to hear what was done for the Lord.

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The littlest daycare child was here for his second time today. He's cute but has to be watched closely. He's only 20 months old. I put up my child gate and kept him in the t.v. room with us after chasing him for about an hour. He's only here from after 8:45 til about 11:15 two days a week while his mother takes a college course.

It's almost time for Ty's nap and then out to pick up the four from 2 schools. Jim gets home by 4:30 most days now so I don't have any problems with mouthy girls. They're afraid of him. [​IMG]

Oh, I got all the puppets cut out. I've decided to sew them all on my machine. It would take too long to try and hot glue each one on Sunday and also then hot glue each thing the kids want on them. We'll have 3 women and 2 glue guns for 19 kids but the party is at 5:00 and church starts at 6:00. We're having cupcakes and drinks for snacks. Should be fun.

Diane

11. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Is that offer for the photo shoot or for the aggravating cockatiel?? hehe

Our weather is a little warm and muggy today. When WILL it get cold??????

Just got back from ballet lessons with my oldest. She is so precious. The youngest stayed home with Daddy (on lunch break) and stayed in her swing outside almost the whole time. Kids are so fun.

The bird we are "bird-sitting" (named Josephus) keeps picking fights with our bird (SierraThibodauxCinderellaMcMillan) and its kinda comical. They are fun, too.

Well, back to ebay to do some more Christmas shopping!
    TaterTot

12. fireweed59

fireweed59 New Member

[​IMG] Hmmm, (yawn) Good morning Coffee house. No no it's okay, I'm okay now. But judging by the look on Sue's picture right after my last post, I did bring a smile to her face!

13. fireweed59

fireweed59 New Member

BLACKBIRD: :eek: No men in white suits but I have today off and if I don't show significant progress on my "honey-dos" I will be in the doghouse.

DR. BOB: My apologies to you if I crossed a line with my silly attempt at humor. :(
    I recognize I may have offended with innuendo. I would love to hear about your cruise plans. You sound as if you are a seasoned traveler. We have never done that. I understand it is a very nice experience and that they feed you well. On another note, Armistice Day preceded the current holiday when the nation honored veterans and the fallen of WWI, however since we honor all veterans of our nation's battles we now call it by the current name, Veteran's Day, or were you just seeing if we are awake?

DIANE: God bless you for being daycare for those who need it. That is a lot of work I'm sure. [​IMG] Since my better half works too, we have experience with daycare. I worked nightshift as much as possible when the children were preschool but there were periods when we needed to take our children to someone. God provided a wonderful fit to our situation, a local woman from Costa Rica who was working in her home, 5 minutes away and who taught the children Spanish and seemed to provide a very loving yet structured atmosphere. Ours are now in school but when they were with her she had been "in the business" so long there were kids in high school and college who had been with her when they were preschool also.

Now I understand that the time we all see for the posts of another is our local time when they put up their post. Is this the way it works?

May God protect and bless our young men and women who are in harm's way. And lead them to believe in thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent. Amen.

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Fireweed asked: Now I understand that the time we all see for the posts of another is our local time when they put up their post. Is this the way it works?

YOU choose the time you see in your profile area. My computer shows you posted at 5:47 but I know that was 2:47 in Washington state. [​IMG]

I had the mom of the almost 3 year old call me from work today. I was expecting the question... Her little one cries when he has to go home. He loves playing here and loves our family. She and hubby are so pleased that they want to try for another baby and 'will I take an infant' if they do? Of couse! I adore kids but especially 5 and under.

Diane

15. Karen

Karen Active Member

Diane,
    You're obviously doing a great job and are very kind, too. But put this on a PAYING basis for you. Don't let people impose on you. Being stuck in traffic behind a major wreck is not what is going on every night.
    Give them notice that they are going to have to keep more realistic hours or pay more. It is obvious that you would have no trouble getting other clients.

How did Jim's work hours change so much? Is he still selling pianos?

Karen

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The guy who comes in at 8:00 gets off work at 5:00 12 miles from my house! Still NOT here tonight. I've fed them every night this week but tonight I'm not cooking until after he comes to get them.

HELP.... I'm such a push over and they'll be coming 3 weeks during Christmas break for at least 32 hours a week. I charge the 2 1/2 year olds mom $80. per week (4 days / 48 hrs) for one child. This is 2 kids and they eat all 3 meals with us. What should I tell this mom? She pays only $65. now while everyone else pays more. I think at least $100. per week and that's really not enough.

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was not offended in the least. My humor and my barbs are legend. And your posts? I Thes 5:14 covers it.

I don't like modern changes. This was Armistice Day when I went to school and some johnny-come-lately changes it to Veteran's Day (by Act of Congress on May 24, 1954) is their right. It just like changing Washington's Birthday to "President's Day" and not even having it on his birthday!

You can't rewrite history.

18. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Ladies and Gentleman!! Blackbird is petitioning Congress to have his name changed

to

Mister Johnny-come-lately!!

Blackbird's twin brother is changin' his name too

to

Mister Johnny-on the spot!!

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I don't know that I could adjust to a new name for you Blackbird. It just fits you so well. LOL

Well, unless you went to Bro. David. We don't have a Bro. David I don't think. [​IMG]

Diane

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Okay, I'm tired now. Been up since 5:30 and had 7 kids today from 6:00 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. and Nick is bugging me tonight wanting to keep working on his AWANA verses. Not at 10:30 PLEASE!!

Time for bed.... 5:30 comes awful early and I have the four after school too. Yawn...

Sleep well all. Jim says good night too. He's now off his lap top and on the sofa. He was downloading some files and getting ready for a recording session this weekend with a college aged Praise Band. Don't know the name of the group....

Night!
    Diane