1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #63

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Nov 27, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

"FOR UNTO US A KING IS BORN..."
    [​IMG]

WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO THE

[​IMG]

The only RULE here is NO fussin', fightin', or feudin'!

I will try to be here to serve you; but if not, feel free to help yourself.

First one in every morning puts the coffee on, last one out at night turns the lights off...

We serve donuts, cinnamon toast (dry toast available upon request), crumpets, bagels, scones, croissants, brioche rolls, yogurt, salads, light lunches, popsicles, ice cream, homemade cookies and homemade pies, and homemade jams.

We also serve coffee (with caffeine and without), hot chocolate, hot tea, iced tea, fresh squeezed lemondade and orange juice, cappucino, Mountain Dew, DP, DDP, Coke, Pepsi, Diet Sierra Mist, milk, milk shakes, Kool-Aid, and Carb Options.

If you don't see your drink or food of choice...just ask, we will do our best to stock it for you!

Our aim is to please...come and sit a spell, enjoy the fellowship and come back often!

As Christians, we are ALL on common ground...

[​IMG]

WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM...

[​IMG] §ue [​IMG]

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Goodie, goodie - the first Christmas Coffee House of the year.

Can I get chex mix in here?

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you tried HOT Dr. Pepper with that Chex Mix, Roger? It is scrumptuous and all the evil phosphorus is gone (and only the evil sugar remains).

And with frosted sugar cookies . . . :rolleyes:

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I have to try that - we can get DP here now!

I like my chex mix with tabasco sauce and cayenne pepper as part of the mix.

We use
    4 cups of party mix (pretzels, various kinds of crackers, etc)
    1 cup Cheerios (but they are sweeter here than there)
    1 cup Shreddies (sorta like wheat chex)
    a bag of dry roasted peanuts

The sauce:
    Worcestershire sauce
    Butter
    Garlic salt
    Seasoned salt
    Tobasco sauce
    Cayenne pepper

YUM-YUM!!!!!

(I burnt the first batch yesterday - had the grill on instead of the oven and had it on 250C instead of 250F - Mary caught it early and we still ate it [​IMG] )

5. Gib

Gib Active Member

My mom makes a chex mix that sounds very similar. She adds pecans, almonds, pretzels and sunflower seeds.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    250C or 250F. Sounds close enough to me. Let me do the math on that.

100C boiling = 212F boiling, so 250C is, is, is HOTTER THAN HADES :eek: :eek:

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Bad thing is I am normally a good cook. The recipe card was American (F) and our oven is european (C).

As far as the grill v. the oven - I was just so excited about the chex mix I messed up [​IMG] .

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I drink Diet Dr. Pepper - no sugar and it doesn't taste one bit different than regular.

PLUS, they just came out with Diet Dr. Pepper - CAFFEIN FREE!

We are all home today and it is time to decorate for Christmas. Tonight we watch our first 'batch' of Christmas movies.

HAGD!

§ue [​IMG]

9. Turpius

Turpius New Member

CHRISTMAS! YYYEEEAAAHHHH!!!!!

You don't think that was too strong, do you ? :rolleyes:

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Blackbird is back---time for Christmas fun!!!

11. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Howdy yall! Just put out my Christmas placemats! I am ready for the season!

It finally got cool! Its 49 here, although it did get up to 74 this afternoon. My 3 year old is praying for snow. We never get snow, but I sure hope we get a little bit this year.

I guess most folks are so sick of turkey by now, but we are having a turkey roast for lunch tomorrow! [​IMG] Thats the down part of eating with family - no leftovers!!

Everyone have a great day at church!!
    TaterTot

12. fireweed59

fireweed59 New Member

Dr. Bob,
    I don't believe most common ovens will get that hot! :eek:
    C4K: Thank you for sharing the party mix recipe! Scripture says we have not because we ask not. Here in the Coffee house I just got something and didn't even ask! [​IMG] That's great. (Still am looking for the coffee and donuts here though.) ;) [​IMG] Hey everybody! Speaking of temperature/unit conversions, I have a site that you simply must have or check out. It is full of links, and I mean full. It has among its links some for this kind of thing. C4K, you could make use of this for your european oven. Don't know how to insert a hyperlink but go to refdesk.com. Somebody who is helpful, please teach me how I could have offered a hyperlink, and any one who wants to reciprocate, I am open to other great sites. (hmmm, might be a good topic...)

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I know about how to use the oven here (we've been here ten years) - I was just so excited about our first batch of chex mix that I didn't think about converting the temp, just turned it on 250 :eek:

Specifics on the sauce:

Worcestershire sauce - 2TBS
    Butter - 1/2 stick
    Garlic salt - 1 tsp
    Seasoned salt - 1 tsp
    Tobasco sauce - 1 tsp
    Cayenne pepper - 1/2 tsp

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Roger??? I thought you did your cooking on an open fire?? "Flame Kissed" Turkey!!! :D :D (with a mouth full of Turkey)

And speakin' of the Chex Mix---every year when my sister and I would get together---we'd mix up a batch!!! We call it "Trash!"

Well, once---we were having a Christmas "Pot Luck"---one of those Pastor/Deacon/Wives things---and we were going through the servin' line--well---there was this bowl of Chex Mix there on the table---and since Blackbird knew the "Official Name" for the mix(Trash!!) he "spoke out" and commented

"HEY!!!! Which one of you fellas made this Trash???"

Buddy--things got quiet!! You could have heard a pin drop!! Things "Went South" from there at that church!!!!

Deacon Chairman to Blackbird: "Call my wife's Turkey Dressin' 'Trash!!', huh??"(meanwhile, the Chairman's wife is over there stuffin' her face with Blackbird's Cajun injected, Cajun smoked Brisket!!)

Blackbird to Chairman: "Mister!! I call it like I see it!!!"

[ November 28, 2004, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: blackbird ]

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Chex Mix is our big annual family squabble. Three of us like it "hot and spicy", three like it plain.

"Somebody" always eats not only the "hot and spicy" but also digs into the plain as well.

I don't know who would do something like that ;) .

Possibly the world's biggest chex mix fan?

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning all! Gotta be quick tho! I've spent some time reading about the different Christmas symbols and where they came from and now have to rush for Sunday School!

Fireweed, it's quite easy. If the link is short.. just type it out or past it. www.refdesk.com It's be a hot link. If it's a LONG one, click on Full Reply Form (if you need to. Some have their pages set not to show Quick Reply) Click on url, remove the http that is there, paste in the link and click. A second box will appear where you can put CLICK HERE or Check out this page... click again and voila!

17. Turpius

Turpius New Member

Roger, I think I'd stick with the plain mix, can't deal with all that hot stuff anymore!

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The mystery is solved - Turp is sneaking the plain chex mix.

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Morning all from wintry Wyoming. Not preaching (or going out) anywhere. Blizzard with a foot of snow and heavy winds. My brain still has sense even if my feet and legs don't. I'd probably kill myself just trying to shovel our the drive.

So I remain homebound on a Sunday morning. Odd feeling for certain sure. Played some beuatiful Christmas music (Williamsburg Christmas) and reading the Word.

And thankful to be snug and warm. Praying for the many in our region that are trying to get home from the long weekend. 'twill be challenging for non-handicapped drivers!

Will stop back for some HOT 250C chex mix in a while . .

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Not here! Even tho it's only 52°, the sun is VERY warm and we were able to take the children out during Extended Session (think Children's Church for 4 year olds) in just their long shirt sleeves! None of us needed a jacket! Our new church playground doesn't have any trees and it was so nice to be outside.

But......... I'd love a foot of snow! Put some in a box and mail it to me Dr. Bob! Dan Todd tried last year... but all I got was a post card. Must have melted before it got here. [​IMG]

I have so many things I really need to do today but I'm really thinking of a nice nap! We had 14 children from 9:15 til 12:40. Jim picked us up some pizza for lunch. [​IMG]

I love Chex Mix but haven't made it in years!

[ November 28, 2004, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]