1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #63

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still snowing lightly after lunch. Wind is 28-32mph (don't know what that is in celsius for Roger) and we are trying to BLOW IT ALL to Nebraska. LOOKS like it is still coming down hard, but much is blowing off the roof.

Georgia's not that far . . . :rolleyes:

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

We are having a gorgeous day, too. Weather is 66 - very nice. For lunch we had a turkey roast (NOT leftovers [​IMG] from T-day), mashed taters, mac and cheese (leftover) green beans, and stuffed celery. Oh, I made a little soup out of the turkey drippings. It came out like french onion kinda. It was sooooo good. Will have it again for supper.

Someone hit the power pole in the church parking lot, so we had a power line down. Its fixed now, though. DH is napping, the girls are watching Bugs Bunny, and I am about to sneak into the lazy chair. Yall have a great afternoon!
    TaterTot

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Our snow is gone until the next time. It sure did a lot of damage while it was here though...

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our snow will be here until midweek and hopefully run off into the reservoirs. On the mountains we need a HUGE snowpack (hundreds of inches) so melt-off will keep streams going into the heat of July and August.

But it sure is tough for me to even WALK in that stuff, trying to clear a drive way with no feeling in the legs. Grrrr. Wife says if I wasn't so cheap, I'd hire it done.

Sure. When they pry that shovel from my cold, dead hands . .

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We had a 90 foot long drive in Connecticut and sidewalks in front and alongside the yard. We finally bought one of the trac tired gas snow throwers. I'd go out several times during a storm so it wouldn't be too much at once. The snowplows would come and throw it right back on the one sidewalk but we'd be fined if it weren't cleared within so many hours after the snow stopped and if it began to melt and refroze... YIKES! Ice!

We keep calcium choloride here because our drive is steep coming up/ going down and we tend to get ice a few times a winter.

Be CAREFUL Dr. Bob!

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well I must say good night or I'll be very sorry tomorrow! Ty comes at 5:30 and it's 11:30 p.m.!

Sleep well....

Start looking for the good and begin counting your blessings, one by one. This too shall pass.

Psalm 30:5 "For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for a lifetime; weeping may last for the night, but a shout of joy comes in the morning."

7. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

It is 37º and drizzling with an expected high of 42º today and a low of 36º tonight. Rain and snow showers forecast for today and tomorrow.

Nothing exciting going on here today. Just the usual corner, papers, school, and cleaning...

Cruising,
    §ue

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Yikes Sue! I hope you get some big Christmas tips from your routes! Certainly you have earned it!

Well, I got up at 5:30 for Ty and stayed up. Jim left for a week of training for one of his jobs and won't be home until late Friday night. I was expecting 20 month old Jack today but his mom just called. Their trip home from Ohio took a lot longer than it should have so she rescheduled her 'final exam' for Wednesday. I'll have him Tues., Wed. and Thursday now instead and only one day next week. She pays in advance. Nice young mom.

I've already made my bed, cleaned my room, cleaned one bathroom and started wash, emptied the dishwasher and loaded it with some snack plates from last night. Both Ty and Nick are still sleeping. Ty's on a pallet by my feet here. LOL

Expecting my mother some day this week....... she can sure get to me so whisper a prayer, please. She'll criticize me, Jim, the kids, the president and anybody else she can think of. Then there's her 'organ recital' of everything she has ever had done or might need done, wants done, etc. She'll take my bedroom and then want to stay up where I have to sleep until midnight. Yawn... I do NOT look forward to this!

Diane

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Tav says, "She'll criticize me, Jim, the kids, the president and anybody else she can think of."

Listen! Blackbird can handle the idea that you, Jim(bo) and the kids will be criticized----but---but---but---when you start criticizin' "Dub-ya!"----that'll be "the last straw!!!" It'll be time to check momma into Motel 6!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

She's a Democrat Blackbird. No decent hotel in Villa Rica would have her! LOLOL

Doom and Gloom should be her first and last names. :eek: Come over here and straighten her out! [​IMG]

11. I Am Blessed 24

My mother was not perfect. She probably shouldn't have had kids, but I thank God everyday that she DID.

I have learned that no matter how bad your parents are - you will miss them when they're gone.

My mother gave me life and took care of my needs until I got married. I owe her a debt.

I wouldn't care if my mother griped, complained, and criticized me - I would still love to have her alive and visiting me again... [​IMG]

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I cannot tolerate people who yell at children, cuss, criticize constantly....

Mother and I are exact opposites and my grown children will have nothing to do with her since they spent a few weeks with her as kids. She wants me to have HER for Christmas but not any of them! I'm sure that'll be our main 'topic' while she's here. Now that I don't have a cat, she'll probably stay longer.

Anybody got a cat I can borrow???? [​IMG]

13. shawna w

shawna w New Member

Well, all I see the CH is up and running already on a Monday morning!

Mama - Don't forget I will need you to pick me up after my DR.s appt. @ 1. I will call ya when it's over. Just a check up this time.

Everything seems to be getting back to normal (if ya can call my physical probs. normal lol). So, this should be my last check up.

Lots of laundry to do today. Not much else. All the company is back in ttheir prospective homes and I might just "take the day off" from cleaning today. Or I could get a jump start on the week. UMMMM I vote for taking the day off.

Off to do some surfing.

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning Shawna, do you have to shovel snow? :eek: That would be tough for you, I'd think.

Well the boys JUST woke up! Now I can vacuum and start the dryer. Didn't want to be slamming doors and wake them. Our laundry room is in the hall right outside Nick's room.

Wait til Ty sees our decorations! He's going to freak out! He's noticed the few in this room but hasn't walked around yet. I hope I can keep the kids hands off my pretty Christmas things. :eek:

15. shawna w

shawna w New Member

All the snow is gone for now, but I can shovel snow. It's the ice that bothers me the most

16. graceb2u

graceb2u New Member

My theory is that parents are human beings. They do the best that they can with what they have to work with. Were my parents the best? No. But as I've grown older I accept them as they are. I will love both of them no matter what.

17. shawna w

shawna w New Member

Well, now I personally think that I have the best Mama in the world. She sacrifices for my children as well as myself. She has helped me out of trouble that I alone got myself into. SHe has NEVER turned her back on me no matter what. She stands behind me even when she knows I am wrong. What can I say? I have a good role model!

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Ice is bad anywhere~ We usually get a few ice storms each year and since people aren't used to driving in it or snow, lots of accidents.

Well Ty discovered my Christmas decorations. He doesn't like Mrs. Santa (sleeping) but doesn't seem to mind Santa in the chair, going over his 'list'. He's such a good little boy. I showed him the porcelain nativity and told him he's not to touch it because it's glass so he didn't.

Made us a big breakfast since the boys slept so late. As soon as they finish we'll start school work. It's supposed to get up to mid 60's today so they'll want to play outside too.

19. I Am Blessed 24

Thank you BG! [​IMG]

20. shawna w

shawna w New Member

I luv ya Ma YA KNOW THAT!!