1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #66

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Dec 27, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

[​IMG]

WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO THE

[​IMG]

The only RULE here is NO fussin' - NO fightin' - NO feudin'!

I will try to be here to serve you; but if not, feel free to help yourself.

First one in every morning puts the coffee and tea on, last one out at night turns the lights off...

We serve donuts, cinnamon toast (dry toast available upon request), crumpets, bagels, scones, croissants, brioche rolls, yogurt, salads, light lunches, popsicles, ice cream, homemade cookies and homemade pies, and homemade jams.

We also serve coffee (with/without caffeine), hot chocolate, hot tea, iced tea, fresh squeezed lemonade and orange juice, cappuccino, Mountain Dew, DP, DDP, Coke, Pepsi, Diet Sierra Mist, milk, milk shakes, Kool-Aid, and Carb Options.

If you don't see your drink or food of choice...just ask, we will do our best to stock it for you!

As a Holiday Special we will also be serving egg eggnog and homemade 'goodies' from our fabulous BB cooks!

Our aim is to please...come and sit a spell, enjoy the fellowship and come back often!

As Christians, we are ALL on common ground...

[​IMG]

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

ATTENTION ALL BB MEMBERS!
    This is extremely important. Gib has posted a picture of his cat at
    http://www.squarewheels.com/newgraphics/catgoes.jpg

Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT vote for Gib for Dog Catcher, let alone member of the year! Can you imagine what he'd allow if he allows THIS atrocity!!!

3. Jim

Jim New Member

Hey Gib, Exactly what kind of communion do you HAVE in your church?

Jim Tavegia

4. I Am Blessed 24

Do you think Gib had too much sugar over Christmas? Could this be the 'real' Gib?

[​IMG]

Pleasant dreams all! :eek: [​IMG]

§ue [​IMG]

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Don't get him started Jim! He'll be telling you about their Chinese dinner on the ground.

Gib, Jim's not a real cat lover but Patches is curled up against his leg on the sofa right now.

6. Jim

Jim New Member

No wonder his kitty drinks!

7. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know kitties who sleep so soundly you could do that.

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Ya'll just wait!! Gib will be here any minute and . . . "Pow!!!" Right in the Kisser!!!

9. graceb2u

graceb2u New Member

Hey Gib your going to get those PETA people on your back. They will arrest you for influencing the morals of a meower.

10. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Thank you for making us aware of this Diane. [​IMG]

Gib,
    That is just wrong.

[​IMG]

11. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Good try Gib, but the cat on your sofa was grey not white. So unless it fell down your chimney while in a drunken stupor(and you'll have to prove that) your gonna have to fess up.

Christmas is finally over for us. Our last get together was tonight. My sis came over with her family for dessert. Now I'm just about sick cause I got to fixing sweet things and just had to sample and then of course I had to eat my fair share. :( I believe I'll head off to bed and sleep of the extra sugar. Being hypoglycemic is almost as bad as being diabetic.

By the way Sue, the peanut butter balls I made from your recipe were wonderful. I had some dipping chocolate left over and added some crushed peppermint to it and made a very nice chocolate/mint bark.

12. Gib

Gib Active Member

Doggie Justice

It's not a cat. I'm not sure what it was. It may have been one of the many sweat shirts the boys wear. It may be a ghost of one of the cats I put to bed a long time ago. I'm not sure, but if you think I hate cats, you should hear what Cheryl has to say about them. She is allergic to the dander and that's just fine with me.

Giberoonie-The Cat Hunter

13. I Am Blessed 24

Now THAT sound like a plan!!! ;)

Good morning all:

Woke up at 3:00 and tried to go back to sleep until 4:00, but the whistling of my breath through my bronchial tubes is not condusive to sleep so I got up. :rolleyes:

We are having a warming trend here. Supposed to be 61º Wednesday! This is NOT normal for Illinois in January! People are gonna be sick all winter with this crazy weather...

Am having Stephen (another 10-yr-old grandson) over to open his Christmas presents and play with Brent today. Tomorrow, Michelle (8) will be here all day and Thursday, Cassie (6) will spend the day.

Cruising,
    §ue [​IMG]

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Sue---one of the biggest rules of the Pit Stop is---you can't change the subject at hand all that fast---now, the subject is cat supression and Gib had "the floor!"---please allow Gib a lengthly runway to get his flight into the air!!

Wait, this isn't the Pit Stop!!

15. I Am Blessed 24

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

17. I Am Blessed 24

On second look, it looks more like a dog. The face is too long for a cat. Guinea Pig maybe? :confused:

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Maybe he was just about to cook some Chinese food but it looks like a cat to me. I think Gib's a cat lover and just won't admit it. [​IMG]

19. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Can't be a guinea pig Sue, it's to small. (I have 3 guinea pigs the biggest is just over 3 lbs)

Maybe a poodle? Naw, I'm with Diane, I think Gib just doesn't want to admit there is a cat in the house.

Good Morning all!

It's already getting warm outside and is very bright and sunny. I'm thinking about doing some lawn work that has needed doing for a while now. Maybe get the outside Christmas decorations down. Sometime today I have to go measure for a customers curtains and pick up some pants that she needs hemmed.

Mostly though I don't have anything that HAS to be done today. It has been a long time since I had a day with nothing on the priority list.

20. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't see the picture. Access denied.
    But if y'all say it's a cat, then I believe you.