1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #68

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 19, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Our church has already cancelled the 8:30 a.m. service and Sunday School. No decision has been made yet about 11:00 services.

The deacons wife who notified us mentioned a stomach virus that has a lot of people hospitalized! I'd heard of a stomach virus in town but had NO idea how bad it is. Anyone hearing of this type thing?

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Afternoon all:

It is still snowing. I don't know how much snow we've gotten thus far, but hubby shoveled the walks this morning and you can't even tell he shoveled...

We have the VHS "Gettysburg" (two part movie), and since Brent is studying the Civil War, we are going to watch that tonight. We will have our "movie and munch" night tonight since he was gone last night.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I spent the afternoon making fliers for High Attendance Sunday School Day, Feb. 6th and filling out Valentines for the children in our Sunday School Class. I've got Nick licking the envelopes and putting matching stickers on each one now. He asked.... LOL

Jim had de-iced our driveway and a fella going to visit across the street turned around in our driveway and then parked and took off down the lady's driveway on foot........ sliiiiiiiiiippp.
    I guess he figured since ours is not bad... :eek:

4. I Am Blessed 24

There are seven houses on our side of the street, in this block, and nine on the other side.

Out of 16 houses, we are the only ones who shovel our walk. :eek:

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

In Connecticut you'd get a ticket if you didn't shovel your walks within so many hours of the snowfall! We don't have sidewalks here and I'm sure the snow or ice would melt before anyone would be forced to shovel but our driveway is quite steep up and we keep the calcium chloride for days like today. We've probably had this bag for 5 years. [​IMG]

6. Turpius

Turpius New Member

I wish they had a rule like that around here sometimes. When we get alot of snow, half the time you have to walk in the streets! :eek:

7. I Am Blessed 24

In our town, if a person is walking along the sidewalk in the downtown 'business' area and they fall, and the walk has been shoveled, they can sue the business owner.

If the walk has NOT been shoveled, then the business owner is safe, it is considered an act of God.

I think it's a stupid law - especially after wading through 2 feet of snow to get to a store!

8. I Am Blessed 24

Please join us at COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #69.