1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #70

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 11, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hey Gib, it's still 50° here but big rains are on the way.

Our church is honoring kids and the children's workers tomorrow. We'll be wearing ribbons for each Children's Ministry thing we do plus we'd been asked to wear our AWANA uniform. I don't like to be cold and I've decided NOT to wear my AWANA shirt. I'll have 3 ribbons for S/S, AWANA and Puppets (Discipleship/ Witnessing for Kids).

2. Gib

Gib Active Member

It's much cooler now that the sun has gone down. Didn't make to the nap, but have had a shower and are looking forward to going to chair.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

It's still 45° and no rain yet. I like to sleep when it's raining. Maybe it'll start before midnight.

[​IMG]

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

GAYLA, Did you not see your anniversary greeting in the members forum? I noticed today that you'd mentioned your anniversary but hadn't posted on the thread. Sue puts them in there most of the time. [​IMG]

5. Linscott

Linscott New Member

Gib, it must be nice to be burning leaves in February - We got 20 inches of snow yesterday!!! :eek: I don't even know if there are any leaves in the entire state of Maine right now.

What/who is Monk? :confused: I feel out of the loop since the only TV station we get is PBS! [​IMG] Is is as good as Berenstein Bears and BOOBAH? (That show is worse than Tella Tubbies!!!)

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

BOOBAH... Hate it! Have to watch it on Tues. and Thurs. along with Jo Jo's Circus and The Wiggles. I can tolerate Jo Jo...

Our daughter and her family just moved back out of Maine to Conn. Joe got a radio show back there. They were in Portland.

8. Gib

Gib Active Member

Monk? you're not missing much. It's a show for cat lovers.

We burn leaves in a 55 gallon drum. We cut the top off and cut breathing holes around the bottom. Once it gets lit, it's an oven.

9. Linscott

Linscott New Member

Diane, What radio station did he work for?

10. I Am Blessed 24

Monk doesn't like cats Gib. You ought to watch him sometime...

Pleasant dreams all!

§ue [​IMG]

11. Linscott

Linscott New Member

I have a couple of tips for my waitress to ponder: "If you throw a cat out the car window, does it become kitty litter?" One of the Mainer's favorite questions to ask is "If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?" [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm not native to Maine, so I won't shoot you if you visit!!

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I think it was WMGX?? Joe Aguiar. Now he's the morning guy out of New Haven, Ct.

Gib, Jim LOVES Patches. He bought her a bunch of toys yesterday and even some fancy foods. She's growing like CRAZY. How come every pet I get, gets HUGE?

MONK is afraid of milk! He's called 'The Defective Detective'.

13. Gib

Gib Active Member

I tried watching Monk one night and found myself wanting to be put down, as in a horse. The only good thing about Monk, is it comes on USA and who watches that channel anyways.

I have bought Piper several toys. She shook them violently one time and made sure they were dead and never played with them again. If she can't eat it, it's a waste of time.

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Patches loves her pink mouse. She's got a room full of toys and picks that one over and over. She got it for being a good girl at the vet. They don't give stickers to the cats. OUCH!

I like Monk but Friday night's episode wasn't very good. Of course, we like Tony Shaloub.

15. Linscott

Linscott New Member

I just read the synopsis of "Monk gets stuck in traffic." Wow! I think that I will stick with Mr. Rogers - it's more my speed.

I will talk to you all later - I need to go and ride my bike in the basement and read a book for a while before getting some rest. Jennifer

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Night Jennifer and Sue. Sleep well!

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well boys and girls, it's twilight time here so think I'll shut down and watch t.v. with hubby.

Night all! [​IMG]

18. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

Papers are bagged and ready to go. Hubby is doing them this morning (for Valentine's Day) and because it is raining. He probably won't get up until 6:00, but they don't have to be delivered until 7:00 on Sunday.

Bobby popped in last night, from Kansas, and spent the night. I will need to get my shower, do my make-up, hair, etc., before he gets up and takes over the bathroom!

He is here to surprise his fiancée for Valentine's Day. He will be going back to Kansas tomorrow. The wedding will be in Illinois, this December, and they will be making their home in Kansas.

Cruising,
    §ue [​IMG]

19. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Sue, you are a BB warrior, posting at 5am. I cannot get my fingers to work right until at least 7am. [​IMG]