1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #72

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Mar 2, 2005.

1. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Margo, I teach middle school kids. Supposed to have high school in there too but currently there aren't any high schoolers in Sunday school except one boy who prefers to go to the men's class. I don't blame him.

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

I don't know Chips, we played Bible hangman every Sunday for a couple of years when I was in 8th-9th grade. We divided up into teams that pretty much stayed the same and the competition between us was pretty stiff. At the end I think one team hosted a get together for the winning team. Usually potluck at someones house.

Good morning everyone!

I haven't had ca---I mean Chinese since the bad guys started all this fuss!

Gotta mop today, I hate mopping!

Cindi
    (off to hunt down the mop. Where did I put the dumb thing anyway?)

3. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Dian, wow that's neat. Has your daughter ever regretted it? At least he's in the family. She's probably very glad about that. [​IMG] It's wonderful that you did that . . . so many ppl wouldn't.

I gots sibs ranging from 27 to 10. 6 of us. We's a good lot. LOL. We had a lot of fun. My older bro was 16 when he left for BJU and my youngest sis was not born yet . .. born a few weeks after he left, so he never saw her until that Christmas. He's married and gots a kiddo now. I love being an aunt.

CHIPS--maybe you can do some kind of scavenger hunt or something. When it gets warmer, take the kids outside!I'll never forget the VBS we did stuff outside. There's nothign like fresh air and fresh ideas. ;)

4. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I have something really special to share with you all but promise me you all won't criticize my, shall we say, lateness in the matter.

5. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvary Chapel has Bible lookups and puzzles for almost every Bible story. They're based on the NKJV. Go here and click "curriculum" to see what I mean.

Calvary Chapel kids' resources

6. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Sure Chips. Do tell . [​IMG] I lvoe GOOD NEWS
    you gettin married? (or are you already married . .. LOL. I'm new , I don't know.)

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We're WAITING, Allie! Do tell. I'm excited! I love surprises!

Margo, Erin hasn't regretted it. She lived a pretty bad life after having Nick. Maybe she felt she was a 'bad person'?? Anyhow, she got pregnant AGAIN by a guy she had just met and rushed into marrying him when she was 5 months pregnant. They have 2 girls and are not in church at all. :( They live way up north.

I HATE to mop!

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Good morning all, hope everyone is having a great day....

Chips, I cannot wait to here your news....please share [​IMG]

9. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Margo, the ladies here and I have had a long talk about me wanting to get married. It was a little crazy.
    Anyhow.....I'm getting Baptized tonight! Yes, I know I am already a leader in my church and most places wouldn't dare let someone in that position without being Baptized. It's something my pastor and I have been dealing with for awhile and it all boils down to my fear of people watching me do something very special and personal (maybe that's why I want to elope [​IMG] ) So that is the reason I didn't do it as a child. Tonight, we are having a small gathering at the church for those who want to be there (i.e. family and friends) and we are going to have a little Baptism ceremony. So....no one criticize my late decision or my church's dealing with this. This is a joyful occaision!!! Hence, the topic being here in the coffee house.

10. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Dian, well I'm glad Nick has a good adopted Mother. [​IMG] One of my aunts had a similar experience back when she was young. I have some cousins and other reletives not in church that are far from the Lord, but am so thankful all in my immediate family are active in church and in God's will.

I often think if God hadn't placed me in a Christian home, I'd have been too stubborn to turn to Christ. Thank the Lord He knows what he's doing because we sure don't.

11. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

CONGRATS Chipsgirl! I'm sooooo happy for you. That is wonderful. God bles you. [​IMG]

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well I think it's wonderful Allie! Just last night, a young friend at church came to me and said when she joined the church she had told Bro. Jon she'd been baptised. She had been as an infant and it wasn't until recently that she realized she'd not been properly baptised so I got pastor for her. Congrats!

13. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

At the church I used to go to while in college there is a couple who recently got baptised. [​IMG] They are semi related to me (long story, inlaws of my inlaws LOL). Anyway, it was neat to see them take that step after so many years.

14. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Does my whole face go in the water? Just wondering if it's safe to wear make-up or not. I don't want my boyfriend to be frightened. Haha.

15. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Yeah, whole face goes under. Don't wear makeup. And don't wear a white shirt! LOL. They usually put a cloth over your nose and eyes so you don't breath in the water. LOL

16. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

My pastor said the robe is really thick so I can wear a t-shirt and shorts under or swimwear.

Today is my Grandmother's birthday so tonight is going to be a surprise for her. She just thinks she's going to a special program at my church!

17. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Awesome. Happy B. Day to her!

We didn't use robes for baptism at my church. Good idea. [​IMG]

18. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I bet I have to wear the children's one since I am only 5'2.

19. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

5'2" is not bad. I'm almost 5'6" .. . i always used to say I was 5'6" and the doctors assured me I'm not quite. LOL. So I'm slightly shorter than my mother. But I would not want to be any taller.

20. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I have good company here in the short department. Diane is petite too.

Margo, what do you do in Greenville? My boyfriend used to live there. He played football for Furman.