1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #74

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Mar 16, 2005.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Well, I am off to the corner in the rain. Then I will be back home to school Brent and get some housecleaning done.

[​IMG]
    §ue

2. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Good morning all!

AVL, oh dear, welocome to the asthma club. :( I have two different inhalers, one for normal use and one for emergency use . . . I was really good about using 'em when I was supposed to, but for some reason I'm not very good about it anymore . . . :rolleyes:

We're supposed to get thunder storms this morning. :D I love thunder storms.

3. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Morning everybody!
    Just stopped in for an RC and a honeybun(wife is a transplanted kentuckian and I'm aquiring "southern tastes"
    I'll trade your thunderstorms for our snow anytime. Snow is predicted here for today and tomorrow, and possibly on Easter.
    To everybody who has this flu or whatever it is, you have my sympathies. I've had it twice, and my whole fanily is on their second bout.
    If I don't make it back on for awhile I want to wish all my friends at BB a blessed Easter.

4. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Happy Easter to you too, Friend. [​IMG]

Funny, we had honeybuns up north qutie often. I got so sick of them, but my dad still likes them.

And I'm sorry abuot the snow because as much as I love it, I think i actually like thunder storms more. So this one time I'm not trading weather. [​IMG]

5. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Margo!,
    Guess I should stop being so formal. Friend of God is my BB name, but I answer to Rob.
    Actually I like rain too-it's easier to shovel! :D

6. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

I like rain for unexplainable reasons . . . it calms me--eases me. I love the taste of the air and the smell of the greyness . . . And the sound of thunder thrills me--makes me think, "thank you, God, that you are God!" I know, I sound like an idiot--oops, I mean a poet. I wonder why. ;)

7. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poor Sue.... They made you stand in the corner again????! You must have been a bad girl! [​IMG]

Margo, this rainy weather is for the ducks! I see them frolicking around and enjoying the shower. However, for the older generations, like myself, the problem is not only getting wet but to discover that you have bones aching in places you did not know there was one. :(

I just came back from outside, and after a bout with the flu the past three weeks, this weather does not help much in my recovery. But thank God for the warm, dry, and cozy home, and a big easy chair to stretch out on. There is hope yet! [​IMG]

8. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Morning Barnabas!,
    Yes!, thank God for a warm, cozy house & a big easy chair.
    I suffer from dropsy & heart-trouble-I drop into my chair and don't have the heart to get up out of it. [​IMG] . It must be contagious.

9. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Yep. I get aching bones, ROFL . . . It's kind of weird. But I have either tendinitis or carpal tunnel syndrome also, aggrivated by constant typing and writing. :rolleyes:

For the ducks reminds me of something. As a writing exercise, I decided to take some cliches (GASP!) and make them "worthy" again. I wrote a poem based on "lucky duck." I rather liked it. [​IMG]

But, yes, come back inside and get warm. I have two girls staying with me now and I was horrified last night when I heard them both caughing up a storm . . . I'm scared. I don't want to get sick again!!! [​IMG]

10. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just stomped out to where we usually hold Sunrise service. The snow is 17" on the level and deeper near the trees. Guess we'll be meeting indoors this year.

11. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Cah-rAzy!
    My grandfather's church (Maine) always has a sunrise service, but they have as far as I know never had it outside.

Only one I've ever been to was here in SC . . . it rained. And everyone was soooo tired anyway that it was kind of pointless. :rolleyes:

12. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    hello.
    haven't posted in a while as i had an accident sunday. see my tale of woe in the prayer thread. still alive and sort of smiling though. PTL

hope your easter warms up.

13. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Hi, Debby. [​IMG] wb
    I'll read it. Glad you are still alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Padre, I think an indoor Sunrise Service might be a smart idea. Unless you have a really quick melt-down!!

Going back to yesterday's discussion about child-bearing ages. I was 35 and 37 when my children were born. Now they're 5 and 3 (you can do the math) We get asked alot if they're our grandchildren! :rolleyes:

15. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Gayla, my dad was a mere 45 when someone assumed my my baby brother (now 12) was his grandson.

Dad was holding him while walking around a store. This little old lady said, "Awwwww, Grandpa's boy!"

Dad turned to her and said quite flatly, "NO. He's DADDY's boy!" [​IMG]

16. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

When my oldest brother J---- and sister A---- were 16 and 14, my youngest sister was a baby. People thought J and A were my baby sister's parents!!!! :eek:

17. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Please join us at COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #75.

Thanks!
    §ue