1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #81

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jun 20, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

All the rain today is below us. Sounds awful, but we need a tropical storm to cool us down!

I found a Christian HVAC man to come out and figure out our central air problem. He says it's a bad condensation pump and the part is $185. plus $65. an hour to install. There's nothing wrong with the compressor or other things but the unit was only getting 14V instead of 24. It was wired along with the condensation pump ..... confuses ME! So, that's not going to get repaired. The 'service call' was only $29.95 tho so that was a blessing. Wouldn't you know... our warranty ended last summer. [​IMG]

Sue, why is the photographer from the paper coming to your house? If it were the medical section, I'd understand. LOLOL! Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes is Head, elbow, ribs and toes at your house! I had forgotten about Dale!

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

3. I Am Blessed 24

I am a moderator of the, newly started, local FreeCycle group and the Life Style editor is going to do an article to help us spread the word.

4. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a moderator of the, newly started, local FreeCycle group and the Life Style editor is going to do an article to help us spread the word.</font>[/QUOTE]Hmmmmmmmm, we are stepping up in life, don't we? Congratulations Sue! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well we went over to Best Buy and got a room air conditioner on our daughter's employee discount so we can keep this room cooler. I had 'heat edema' from sitting here in 94° heat and I needed this room for baby naps too.

Jim's going online to see if he can buy the condensation pump cheaper and install it himself. He's such a handy man. [​IMG] I've got a light bulb over my kitchen sink that's out. My sink is a corner sink so even on a step ladder, I'm too short to reach the light. He's changing that right now. [​IMG] Now, that's not my sink but you get the idea.

6. I Am Blessed 24

We just got back from the fireworks display and they were all beautiful!

We worked hard today so we're going to bed. Tomorrow is another long, busy day...

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue

7. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh Sue, you know the saying: "All work and no play...." [​IMG]

P.S. I took two Dr Peppers for the day and ran. [​IMG]

8. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning Barnabas!

Enjoy the Dr.Peppers. I have switched to Diet Vanilla Coke and Coke Zero!

I already have the kitchen floor swept and mopped and have watered the garden and flowers.

I still have two hardwood floors to mop and three rooms to vacuum. (not counting the utility room and bathroom which both have to be mopped).

HAGD!
    §ue (no playtime today!)

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well we're getting Tropical Storm Cindy, like I had hoped, so it's so nice and cool. We do have a tornado watch somewhere near here. I didn't hear the counties listed but it's just Nick and myself and we can always head to the rec room. No computer down there now unless I take the laptop.

I just got an Ab-Doer off Freecycle. I can pick it up in 30 mins. The lady had just put hair color in. [​IMG] She's about 2 miles from here.

Well I got my nails done today and had slept until 9:30. I have no children today and only Ty tomorrow. Jon was on the computer (mine) all morning chatting with friends and Nick was on his PlayStation2 so I took some time for me. [​IMG]

Now I need to find some housework to do. It's so much easier to keep the house clean when all the children aren't here. :D Supper's in the fridge and ready for the oven. I might even sneak in a nap. :cool:

10. I Am Blessed 24

We are off to do the paper route.

The 'interview' will take place about 15 minutes after we get back.

That will give us just enough time to wash the black ink off of our hands.

Dale is home sore today. He came home yesterday after working about an hour. The doctor gave him some muscle relaxers. I don't think he should have been trying to put up a fence with a broken rib, but do they ever listen? Nooooooo!

TTFN!
    §ue

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I know what you mean Sue. Jim had broken several ribs as catcher for the Men's Senior Baseball League and he kept playing, never missing a game. Next week, he broke a finger! Couldn't pitch for a few games but ..... LOL. They sure aren't quitters!

Off to get my Ab-Doer through Freecycle. It's at one of the moderator's houses. We have several mods' for our county and the next county. I don't know how you'll be able to do that and Baptist Board too unless yours is less active than here. I took a nap the other day and had 92 emails from Freecycle when I woke up. Each one is approved before being sent!

Diane

12. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Hey Everyone!

Diane, I know about that "me" time. I took a bit myself this morning and went back to bed after getting T off to work. I was snooing nicely when the phone rang, and then rang and then rang again. Three calls within 5 minutes. I took that as my sign to get up and start the day. :rolleyes:

I'm still not doing anything though. Had to take care of some business and the pool installer came and checked out the pool area. Can't do anything till these storms pass and it dries up some. All the rain from Cindy is sitting in my yard exactly where the pool has to go. Maybe next week toward the end will be dryer. I hope so.

13. I Am Blessed 24

My main job, as mod, is to take care of Public Relations. Occasionally, I will approve a post, if the owner is not on line.

Our group is just getting started. We may get 10-20 posts a week. That's why I'm doing this interview. To let the public know that we exist and encourage them to join and post.

Time to do my 'speel'. Wish me luck!

14. menageriekeeper

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well Cindi, looks like you're getting hammered! It's just starting here and we're under a tornado watch and are expecting 5 inches of rain so listening for the sirens and hoping hubby can get home before it gets TOO bad.

Probably will lose electric soon so if I disappear, don't worry 'bout me! LOL

Sue, I'm not sure we have 'owners' here. I met the 'moderator of 2 groups and another moderator of the local group'. They are SWAMPED with posts! Four 'wanted' posts just came through.

Link us to the story if it goes online!

Diane

16. menageriekeeper

Nah Diane, it's just raining where I am. The bad stuff is south of us. I hope you're lucky enough for it to go around you as well.

17. I Am Blessed 24

The interview went great! We talked for an hour. The woman who is taking the pictures will be out NEXT week. I put on lipstick for nothing! [​IMG]

I am sooo tired. I could go to bed right now and fall instantly asleep! No such luck. I ran into the preacher. "See you in church tonight Sue", "Yes, sir"!

I will say good night now because I am falling into bed as soon as I get home!

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue (bone weary) :eek:

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well I gave away an entertaiment center to one guy and a computer chair to a woman who lost hers in a house fire in the middle of moving to a new place. I like Freecycle. We're a pretty poor area so a lot of the time, people are looking for things they would have to just do without....

We're still under a tornado watch until 2:00 a.m. and it's raining quite hard. Nick's still a little freaked out but Daddy's here to protect us. [​IMG]

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We're still under a tornado watch and Nick is concerned but we've put in Bibleman and he should fall asleep pretty quickly now. Uncle Jon is home tonight so he'll chat with him if he needs to take his mind off this storm!

Ty's mother called and they left him in Ala. with Grandmother so I won't have any children tomorrow so I'll be sleeping in!

Praying Cindi and family are safe! A tornado was sited on the far side of Birmingham which is her area.

Night all!
    Diane

20. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

I am taking Dale back to the doctor today. He (Dale) thinks he needs to be in the hospital. He has been home from work for three days, hurts all over, and is very weak and possibly dehydrated.

He finally told me last night that when the doctors took X-rays, Tuesday, they found a 'spot' on his colon.

Will keep you updated. Please pray for him.
    §ue