1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #83

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jul 24, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning All! I'm already tired! Ty's mother overslept and I waited up from 5:30 til she called at 7 to say she had just gotten up. The other kids were to be here by 8:30 so I did some chores. Ty got here by 7:30 and the others came after 9:00 and were starving!

We have no limit on how many counties we can join because our area is right near where 4 counties meet. Also, they allow cross posting. I've only joined the two counties I'd drive to when picking something up. I try not to take anything I don't really need but sure have been blessed. I've told before how my 6 year old dishwasher racks rusted and broke and GE wanted almost $200. PLUS shipping/ tax. A woman in Douglas County had a broken D/W and gave me her racks! They fit perfectly. Different color but who cares?

I've got plans to scrub some floors today that the kids won't be on. Jon's just gone to bed so I can do the two landings. I've done my master bathroom floor already. We keep Scooter in there at night in case of an accident.

It's only 80° and 75% humidity with a 50% chance of storms this afternoon. It'll be cool enough to leave the air off until next Tuesday if our weatherman is right. [​IMG]

2. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your weatherman is in the U.K.?

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOLOL nope but that was a cute gif! This one's cute too.

[​IMG]

Even with SAFE STRICT search, you have to be careful on Google!

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well the thunderstorm has arrived with GIANT drops but only a few so far. The temp has dropped a bit and the wind has really picked up. The roll of the thunder is peaceful to me. I like the rain but couldn't live where it was cloudy every day of the year.

Poor Brayden might be getting chickenpox too. He's fretted since lunch and nothing satisfies him. He's sneezing over and over and over. His eyes are red and nose is runny. MacKenzie now has them all in her hair. I hope the other children don't get it. MacKenzie is itching quite badly and is going to end up infected. She digs in the dirt and scratches her face or arms.... She's just turned four and is a 'young' four year old since she's not been in daycare or preschool situations but home with mommie until now.

Jim said business is dead today. This is the first day of a tax free holiday weekend for clothing, school supplies, computers, etc. Our internet news shows stores packed with people. Most schools start this Monday. He's done really well this month and IF the technicians can get the jobs worked by July 30th, he'll get a big paycheck middle of next month. Big for US, that is! [​IMG]

Cindi's been too quiet! Wondering if she got any results on that MRI? Praying Cindi!

5. Gayla

Gayla New Member

It's very cloudy with thunder rumbling here. But the temp is still 95 with a heat index of 104. We're under a "Heat advisory". But if it rains, that will probably change.

6. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Here I am!

I started to post earlier in the day, but got distracted with everything that is going on here today.

I'm just one big praise report today. The Lord has been so so sooooo SOOOOOO GRACIOUS to us today! He has blessed us greatly!

First off, one of my "sisters" is on Section 8 because she is disabled and has two girls she is raising by herself. I've known for a while that her landlord was making her pay over what the lease called for or he'd threatened to evict her. Finally this past week, he tried to force his way in the house to "check" the airconditioner and was very rude. When she wouldn't let him in, he went to HUD and started eviction proceedings charging her with not paying the rent and not allowing him in to inspect the property. She thought she was about to be kicked out in the street and as her mental state is weak to start with, couldn't see an end to the problem. So my other "sister" and I got together and did a little research and then sent her over to talk to the Housing Authority again. End result is that they called what the landlord had been doing EXTORTION and are going to proscecute him themselves. Her section 8 status will remain approved. I'm certain she'll still have to move in the end, but at least she won't lose her aid. PTL!

Then(and this is a two parter) when I went to get the pool parts out, I found that some critter had chewed holes in the liner. Not good, had to have a new liner. By the time I found it it was late in the evening and not many pool places were open. The ones that were didn't have the size I needed in stock. They were in B'ham and I thought if they don't have one, there isn't much likelyhood that I'll find one local. And how to pay for it......especially since T had to go to court today to see about the ticket Son had gotten us for riding his dirtbike in the street. So I got my Dad to let me put the liner on his credit card for a month, thinking by that time I'd have earned enough sewing to pay him back...or something...

God had other ideas! T took Son with him to court and after the judge gave him a lecture he DISMISSED THE CASE including court costs! And I found the new liner right here in town! They are putting the pool up right now!

I just can't praise my God enough!(cause the above is definately a want)

No results on the MRI at the moment, but I know the Lord will see us through that problem as well.

It's hot here but nothing like yesterday. Oh yeah, one more praise, it rained hard everywhere except my town yesterday. Rain would have put the pool off yet again, but here it only rained a bit!

Hallaleuia!

(btw, if I had posted earlier it wouldn't have been nearly so cheerful)

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

As usual---Blackbird takes the coffee house posters completely out of context----and attempts to "fix" the situation himself

Get the scene

Motorcycle Officer Blackbird dismounts his brand spankin' new Harley-Davison Highway Patrol vehicle in total disgust!!! It has been the tenth time that he has stopped this young fella----and the first thing that Officer Blackbird notices---is the dirt bike rider despirately needs a haircut!!! Long haired "Hippies" are not a welcome site in the marvelous state of Alabama--and so Officer Blackbird decides this time he's gonna "throw the book" at the dirt bike rider---expecially if he refuses to get his hair cut!! And he just knows that there is no way that the judge can side for the Plantiff---especially since the judge is the barber in this slick little town in central Alabama!!!!

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Oh it's good to hear all that good news Cindi!

Gayla and Cindi, it stormed here until just a little while ago and the sun came back out. It's just under 80° and I've got our windows open. Save a penny anyway we can!

I still have the 3 kids. Brayden isn't as fussy now that he's had a good nap and his supper but Dad should be here soon or he'll send a grandparent to get them. The company he works for is very ugly to their people. He's going in tomorrow to apply where Jim works. I'm positive he'll be hired.

I'm 'watching' The Donut Man for about the 100th time today! Brayden LOVES it and sings along. Scooter and Brayden are barking at each other right now. I'm trying to teach Scooter NOT to ever bark and Brayden thinks it's GREAT when he barks back. :rolleyes: Scooter's learned how to climb up on the t.v. room sofa but does a back flip trying to get down! His belly is still big and tomorrow is worm meds again so I'll be sure to keep y'all posted. LOLOLOL [​IMG] I know how you look forward to my updates. ;)

9. menageriekeeper

LOL, the kids say they are going to bed right now so that it will be morning faster and they can swim in the hopefully full by then pool!

Blackbird there are no hippies at this house! Son had a haircut this morning BEFORE T took him into the courtroom! :D I'm no dummy and I know how things work in this town. ;)

Big clouds blew up here a bit ago but it never rained.(course not, they weren't through with the pool yet) A good shower would be welcome now though, it'd help fill up the pool! [​IMG]

Chicken pox is something I'm glad I don't have to deal with anymore. Precious and Son had them when I was pregnant with Bitsy. Exactly 10 days apart. Bitsy was exposed to them several times but never caught them, so we gave her the vaccine before she started PreK.

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Blackbird---always taking things out of context and putting them into his own context----feels the hurt of the Alabama people and their hesitency
    to visit their local barber(as well as infrenquency in visiting their local dentist--but thats another story---anyway

Blackbird and his father in law was minding our own business at the local hardward store in Pell City----when in came this ungroomed dude----hair touching his shirt collar-----so under his breath---blackbird's father in law mentions something about mule sheers-----souped up Oster electric clippers----man needs a hair cut, he says!!!

Blackbird noddin' his head in agreement---he knows which side of the bread gets butter!!!!!

11. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Good news, MK!!

Diane, when my kids were very small we borrowed The Donut Man from our MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) library....watched it 100x...500x....1000x....LOL

12. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Sounds like everyone had a busy day, as we did here.

Everyone is in bed but me and I'm heading there now.

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue [​IMG]

13. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, the irony. MK puts up her pool and padre takes his snowblower in for service on the same day. [​IMG]

Diane does that mean you'll use the word poop in one of your posts in the next day or so?

blackbird - with all that talk about loooong hair either you just went to a class reunion at BJU or your forehead runs so far back on your head that folks call it a fivehead. [​IMG] Oops, forgot Officer Blackbird has one of those Barney Fife revolvers and he knows how to use it!

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Naaaaawwww!! Blackbird didn't attend BJU! He attended LTU!!! Louisiana Tech University!!! But memorizin' the Alma Mater---didn't really matter to the uprizing famous bird!!!

But the reason for the "long hair" pieve----too many horror stories from the men(mostly church members) who work long hours in the local Co-Op Feed Mill----long hair has tendencies to get "caught up" in twisting, rotating feed augers----some of my church members can file sworn written "afidavits" of witnessing long haired hippies working at the mill being pulled into the feed hoppers by the hair like a piece of paper being pushed around by a summer gust of wind!!!

Women must wear their hair tucked under their work caps at all times while at church( :D )---I mean, at work!!!!

15. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning blackbird and all!

Wow! I woke up very early and made myself go back to sleep. I didn't get up until 7:00. I feel like half the day is gone! :rolleyes:

It is 59º with an expected high of 85º and plenty of sunshine.

I have an appointment (hopefully my last one) with the podiatrist and Brent's glasses need to be picked up. We got them in January and I had 'scratch resistant' lenses put in - well they weren't, so they put new lenses in for him. The cost is free because they're under warranty for a year.

Time to get Brent up and fix breakfast so we can be on our way.

HAGD!
    §ue

16. menageriekeeper

Good Morning all!

Padre, I know it snows in NY, but I didn't realize it started in July! ;) I sure am glad I live in the south. [​IMG]

I don't guess I told ya'll that we've been working on getting this pool in for TWO years, lacking just a month. If it wasn't a money issue, it was RAIN!

The kids were disapointed. The pool isn't full yet and they can't swim. They were up a six o'clock checking on it. I added a second hose to it this morning and it is filling much faster. I may add a third if it isn't full by the time I get the pump ready to hook up.

Speaking of, there is quite a bit of work to be done in the pool area and I'd best get it started before it gets too hot. It's quite cloudy here this morning and only around 78 degrees right now.

See ya later!

17. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    July and August are the only months in my recollection that we've never had snow. Early June and late September snows are fairly common. No sense in waiting until the first snowfall to discover the equipment doesn't work!

blackbird - the home church was a BJ plant. Our first pastor was so new the ink was still wet on his diploma. He was all fired up about that "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" sort of thing.

Well Mama had her a talk with that young upstart and informed him that it would be a greater shame if she didn't have something to grab on to when she was dragging one of us boys out back of the barn. She'd use both hands but then she'd have to put the willow switch down. That was the last time that preacher boy mentioned long hair. I think he was afraid Mama would take him out back, too!

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy from steamy Wyoming. We NEVER have much humidity, but after the 2.5 inches of rain in an hour on Monday night, our ground is giving up a lot of moisture.

95F today - Tuesday, then back into low 80's like normal. But you'd almost mistake today for Illinois.

Mowed yesterday, had to criss-cross since it was long grass and still damp. So that is TWICE over the same yard from two different directions. Ugh. I did NOT take a picture of a fat ball of sweat but DO have one that resembles me.

[​IMG]

Taking this morning to do sermon work and this afternoon at the clinic.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

High of 10C today and raining.

A Julember day [​IMG] .

20. Gib

Gib Active Member

We woke up to an exhausting 89 degrees this morning. After taking a shower I felt like a puddle of mud. I couldn't wait to get outside where it was in the low 80's with a slight breeze. This is one day I'll not complain about it being too cold in the office.