1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #93

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standingfirminChrist

Hot water on back burner, Dr Bob.

Saved ya a couple glazed doughnuts behind the flour cannister.

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Let there be light, and there wouldn't be as many big bangs! Just stubbed my toe on a flour cannister...

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kewl. Making tea, but looking for some peanut butter on a toasted bagel. It's nearly 10 pm and nearly breakfast time . .

By this time on the ship I'd have finished 8 meals and be working toward the midnight pizza and then the buffet . .

4. standingfirminChrist

"
    By this time on the ship I'd have finished 8 meals and be working toward the midnight pizza and then the buffet "

Now that is what I call a preacher.

Bagels are above yer head, thid cabinet, second shelf. Peanut butter you will have to chase BH down for.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Room service hot tea/croissant in the room at 7 am

2 Formal breakfast in Orion Dining Room at 8 am
    or
    2 Breakfast buffet

3 Formal lunch at 12 pm
    and/or
    3 Lunch buffet (searching items that weren't on the menu)

4 Burgers by the pool at 3:00 pm

5 High tea at 5:00 pm

6 Sushi bar at 7:00 pm (all made fresh)

7 Formal dinner at 8:30 pm

8 Pizza at 10:30 pm

9 Tastey bites (gourmet hors d'oerves) brought to all public areas by waiters 11:30-12:30

10 Midnight buffet (some nights grilled on deck, some nights chocolate, some nights fruit, some night prime rib . . ) 12:15 pm

Not too much time between meals for much else. Sleep and eat . .

6. standingfirminChrist

LOL!

I'd have been at the same table as you, Bro. But I would be there early. lol

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The worst day on a cruise is better than the best day anywhere else.

Kinda like what heaven will be like, eh?

8. standingfirminChrist

doesn't even scratch the surface as to what heaven is like. But you are right. The cruise is awesome.

BTW, did you get to preach on the cruise?

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly no. They had catholic "vesper" for a few minutes before early dinner each night, as each ship has two priests on board.

I asked to have a room and put on the schedule for Saturday night or Sunday for an "Evangelical" service. I've done them on almost every ship.

No way. Formal night and program Saturday and then thru the Panama Canal on Sunday morning so no way they would schedule ANY activity. Found that the catholic service for "Sunday mass" was on Friday afternoon!

10. standingfirminChrist

Well, we'll just have to pray for doors to be opened the next time.

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Going to take a short cruise in Oct with mother-in-law (who turns 80). We will fly to Orange County on Sunday after church, cruise a M-F 5-day trip from Long Beach, and then stay the weekend with my son/family so great grandma can enjoy time with the little ones.

He is a pastor at Saddleback (with Rick Warren) and so will be ministering there. We'll take her to see Josh in action, but take ear plugs for the music at his venue.

So no preaching op then. Maybe when we cruise in March to Hawaii and back (15 days and two Sundays) I can make previous arrangements . .

Sure wish Baptists could do what the Catholics do. They have a priest running daily vesper and Sunday mass for 6 months and another priest just "on vacation", getting R&R. Then, the well rested priest begins ministering and a new priest comes in for R&R for the next 6 months.

And they keep rotating so men with 30 years get a 6 month cruise, then 6 month light sea duty before going back to a parish ministry. Church and cruise line work out a deal for a cabin/food, etc.

Of course, if I were on a ship 6 months, I'd weigh more than the anchor before long . . :eek:

12. standingfirminChrist

will be in prayer for your trip, Bro. Many blessings

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You ever do any cruising? (Guess we're the only ones up this hour of the night)

14. standingfirminChrist

I cruised from Africa to America back when I was a year old. Only time after that was on a Coast Guard cutter back in 84

15. standingfirminChrist

Traveled from Florida to New York the last 26 years. Since my release from prison in 79, I have been preaching wherever doors were opened. Except in 88 - 96 when I pastored MorningStar Fellowship

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like a great ministry. God gives "life experiences" to us all to help us reach target audiences He desires to hear the Word.

I preached in the Stillwater Federal and St Cloud State Penitentiary in Minnesota while in school many years ago. Found there were some brothers who were saved in such ministry and effective for God when released.

17. standingfirminChrist

Oh yes, I have seen many men come out of prison, no longer bound spiritually. Our Fellowship aided many who were struggling upon release.

Attendance was not a requirement for help, but the majority of those we aided in housing and employment continued in attendance and over last 4 years we have had 6 pastors and 14 deacons ordained. The men of MorningStar are proven behind the pulpit as any minister should be before they are ordained. They preach in the local congregation at least once a month for 8 months before being considered for ordination and that is after much prayer. We ordain by anointing with oil and the laying on of hands. The anointing does tend to soil good suits from time to time because we do not just dab the oil on our thumbs as many pastors do. We believe in pouring the oil over the head until it runs off the beard or chin as the oil was poured on the kings of the Old Testament.

God has moved mightily in the services. I have been praying about opening another MorningStar here in Mississippi since I moved from North Carolina, but I am not going to step out before the Lord. I am praying for God's will in that area.

18. preacher

preacher New Member

Mornin Folks!
    Welcome back from your boat ride Dr. Bob!! Sorry if ya couldn't find the peanutbutter, BH is kinda partial to it. I've been trying to talk my little Agee in going on a cruise, but she says no planes & no boats!! Though she will get on a bass boat occasionally! Glad it seems you & yours had an enjoyable time.
    Well I've collected a flour covered BH, & I'm headin to Asheboro to see if we get to work or not. Everyone have a blessed day ...& take it easy on our local Dr. Sailor!!

19. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all,

It is going to be 55º today. I thought I would get to spend some time outside, but it looks like I will just open a window.

Brent and I (and hopefully Shawna) will be spring cleaning the family room and rearranging the furniture.

I'm going to try and get all the spring cleaning done before it's 'outside weather' so I can enjoy it when it arrrives!

WELCOME BACK DR. B.!!! Does your bowtie still fit after all that food???

HAGD!
    §ue

20. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cruises?! madre's heading for an Alaskan cruise in May. That's the secret to our long marriage: two vacations. madre takes hers in the spring and I take mine in the fall. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.