1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Communion: Closed, Close, or Open?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Mark Osgatharp, Jul 16, 2003.

?
  1. Closed

56.1%
  2. Close

43.9%
  3. Open

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mark Osgatharp

Mark Osgatharp New Member

By stark contrast it is written:

"But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat."

Mark Osgatharp

2. Daniel Dunivan

Daniel Dunivan New Member

Mark,

Again, I deny the universal applicability of this passage. We have very different views concerning the voice of scripture in formulating practice, and any debate on that issue is fundamentally outside the realm of this thread. We can take it up in the theology forum if you would like, however.

My earlier post was to point out not about application of the 1 Cor. 11 passage, but about a misunderstanding of the passage's meaning--a question not about what it means, but what it meant.

Grace and Peace, Danny [​IMG]

3. Mark Osgatharp

Mark Osgatharp New Member

Daniel,

Yes, I have noticed that modernists deny the "universal applicability" of about any Scripture that doesn't suit them.

Mark Osgatharp

4. Daniel Dunivan

Daniel Dunivan New Member

And I have noticed that "medievalists" are quite blind to their inability to apply every passage in the varied voice of the Bible. Give me a break! :rolleyes:

Grace and Peace, Danny [​IMG]