1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Comparing online seminaries

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by paidagogos, Nov 16, 2005.

1. TFC123

TFC123 New Member

A question for anybody. Most posts about Newburgh seem to find it the equivalent of 13th Grade.

Why do they take ads on here, they seem to be on a lot of pages.

Just wondering

[TFC123 since you are no longer a Baptist (now CMA) you are not allowed to post in the Baptist Only Sections of the BB. Please restrict your post to the sections that are open to All Christians.]

[ March 17, 2006, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

2. TFC123

TFC123 New Member

Has anyone ever heard of The Sure Foudation?
    Around Christmas I got a mailing from them offering a Masters in Theology.The cost was unbelievably low, I forget what it was but real low.
    Basically you select 13 topics, primarily Biblical Characters and writ papers on each one I think it was 2000 word and you got a degree. This
    was the old one time only Chrisymas specials.

Basically they send you a Dakes Program and whatever books you want to use thats ok.

I have never seen them listed as a school, or have been able to access that site since. Now this is below a degree mill.

They are located in Seminole Fla. Probably still using a mimeograph machine (Some of you young guys and girls might not know what that is) It's run by someone called Rev. Stollman.

No, I didn't fall for it, but was wondering if it was real.

What a shame

[TFC123 since you are no longer a Baptist (now CMA) you are not allowed to post in the Baptist Only Sections of the BB. Please restrict your post to the sections that are open to All Christians.]

[ March 17, 2006, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

3. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

I suggest that you check out one of the South African options--probably UNIZUL or SATS (South African Theological Seminary) although UNISA and PU (Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education) are great options too. Check with Bill Glover on this board and he can give you the straight dope.