1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, May 24, 2006.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How does one tell the American people that governments are stealing from them? They will not believe it. They believe the government and the elected officials. Only a nut would attempt to demonstrate that politicians are not completely honest. Well, I am that nut and I have the qualifications to prove that governments are stealing from them.

"Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery." - Calvin Coolidge

Rene' Descartes, a French philosopher, wanted to prove that he existed. He said, "I think therefore I am." In this way he proved that he existed. Most Americans cannot prove that they exist because they do not think. They only parrot what the politicians and news media state are the facts. Thinking is work and Americans do not like it. Politicians and the news media consistently tell half truths and lies, and the American public refuse to think about what they are being told.

The people protest, riot, and viciously complain about religion, race, abortion, gay marriages, etc. They continually talk around the water cooler about SUVs, realty TV, Laci Peterson, Kobe Bryant, American Idol, etc.

Do the results of any of these issues really affect your way of life? Do they affect your standard of living; wages; whether you have a job; outsourcing issues; how much money you make; whether your children go to college, how much you pay in taxes , etc.? When governments take too much money, that money is taken from you. It is pulled out of the private economy and your way of life is forever changed regardless of what happens to Scott Peterson or Kobe Bryant.

If your neighbor steals $2,000 from you, you get all excited, want immediate justice. Yes, "Throw the b_____d in jail." However, whenever State governments steal $2,000 from you, you say nothing. I guess it is no fun to talk about the stealing by governments at the water cooler. It takes too much "thinking".

If you rush to your representative to ask them about the surpluses, do you really believe that he/she are going to tell you that there are surpluses? If you do, you live in a dream world. It would be political suicide to say, "Yes, we have excess funds that we are not using." But there is a way to get at the politicians. You can read the suggestion at CAFR Network.

The State governments have stolen and have in their possession on average $2,149 for every man, woman and child in the U.S.A. That is $8,596 for a family of 4. These are funds that they are not using; and often they ask for more. They surely are not going to openly tell you about these funds. Remember, these are only State governments. It does not include school districts, cities, or counties which also have huge surpluses.

<snip>

Gerald R. Klatt
    Lieutenant Colonel, USAF (Ret.)
    Former:
    Auditor/Commander, Air Force Audit Agency
    Federal Accountant

Gerald R. Klatt's Qualifications here.

More at <a href="http://www.cafrman.com" target="_blank">www.cafrman.com </a>