1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Confecting the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ in the RCC mass

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jul 3, 2016.

1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"I could pay a drunk $5 and he would says "Jesus is Lord."

Well why don't you say it then biblicist? The bible doesn't say its meaningless:

Let me hear you solemnly declare Jesus Christ is Lord.

1 Corinthians 12
    3Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

^of course this would be ridiculous to you!

Jesus Christ is Lord.
    Is there any Christian here that doesn't have a problem declaring JESUS CHRIST IS LORD?

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What in the world is your point. I have no problem saying "Jesus Christ is Lord" because I believe Jesus Christ is Lord. But that is not the meaning of the text as anyone can verbalize it, and in fact many do verbalize it but deny his Lord ship by what they say (teach, preach, take his name in vain, fail to give him glory in all things, etc.) and say by their body language (practice). So what is your point??? Jesus Christ is Lord! Jesus Christ is Lord! Jesus Christ is Lord!Jesus Christ is Lord!Jesus Christ is Lord!Jesus Christ is Lord!

3. utilyan

Site Supporter

"I have no problem saying "Jesus Christ is Lord" because I believe Jesus Christ is Lord."

We agree then, Some folks do have a problem saying it, because they don't believe Jesus Christ is Lord.

I am very glad and happy to hear you say it.

I believe what the scripture says.

1 John 4
    2By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

1 Corinthians 12

3Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

I can't lean on my own understanding I have to lean on the word of God.

There are people Biblicist, who won't say it, they can be holy rollers in every way and won't say it.

Don't underestimate the scriptures just because you can say it.

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I can say it and do say it and yet I am consciously and willing opposed to Roman Catholicism and know what they believe so you explain how I can say Jesus is Lord, and thus according to your interpretation I have the Spirit of God and yet willfully and knowingly oppose Catholicism if Catholism is true????

5. utilyan

Site Supporter

If in good conscience you found something to be wrong with the Roman Catholic Church, The Roman Catholic Church REQUIRES that you fight against it and if you don't it is SIN.

So if you oppose the church on good grounds because you believe you are doing the right thing I commend that as in well done. Thank you even.

If I was in some evil institution that is going to damn me and you didn't do any.

I believe you have a great heart Biblicist, And I am most grateful for everything you provide.

Should I be in the wrong and fall It would be my wish that Jesus Christ would convey any gratitude I wasn't worthy of giving to you myself.

For that I love you.

Here is a link on this teaching.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c1a6.htm

1782 Man has the right to act in conscience and in freedom so as personally to make moral decisions. "He must not be forced to act contrary to his conscience. Nor must he be prevented from acting according to his conscience, especially in religious matters."53

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Ok Utilyan, thank you for the friendly post. BTW when I was three years old my mother and I were found in a house where the gas had leaked and it killed my mother and they didn't think I would live. So, they rushed me to the nearest hospital which was a catholic hospital. The hospital didn't think I would live, and so they sent for a priest who sprinkled me and gave me last rights. However, I lived and the Lord saved me at 13 and made a Baptist out of me for which I will be forever grateful for both, salvation and being a Baptist.

7. utilyan

Site Supporter

You've gone through hardship I could never understand. I'm happy you found salvation and the Baptist faith. Its kind of incredible you got it so early, My mind was on toys and video games. My mind is still on toys and video games, I really need to work on my faith and maybe some maturity. Its my hope we all three meet up in heaven. I would be praying less if you didn't beat me over the head with the bible. It's been helpful, I think worth all the "I told you so" 's I had planned to torture you with in heaven.:Tongue