1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Confederate History Month

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Apr 10, 2010.

1. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I was responding to WC. Thanks.

2. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Never mind

#102 NiteShift, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
  3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I'm proud that some of my ancestors fought for the Confederacy and I think the States were justified in forming it to preserve their State rights. I often wish the South would have won and then voluntarily re-joined the Union. At the same time I'm very glad that slavery was ended. It was an injustice with participation of many from kindred of slaves in their own homeland, to foreign and domestic traders, to producers and consumers of goods produced by their labor, and to governments on all sides. It is unfortunate that this was not accomplished by the original 13 States - North and South - at the formation of the Union. It is something that would have eventually happened even without the aggression of the North against the South. It is unfortuante for both North and South that a consequence of the war was an extreme corruption of States rights and sovereignty.

4. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

You think that Jesus would be in favor of ordaining gay ministers and gay marriage? Many liberals today are. In some ways he was even tougher than the Pharisees regarding the law. He told them that not only were we to abstain from immoral activities, but that we had already sinned if we thought about them.

5. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I agree Dragoon. I am proud of my GG grandfather, Pvt in the 1st Ky Arty, and resent being told that I have no right to be.

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Robert, There You Go Again...

.... resorting to the race card will not change my opinion of those who are in this country ILLEGALLY.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Libbies cannot help it

8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Since when did 'illegal' (alien) become a race?

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Since libbies needed a political issue to garner more votes from a large segment of the country

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

The key word in your response is "many" which doesn't include all.

11. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I didn't play any card. You stated:

I simply pointed out that comparing Hispanics to cockroaches sounds racist. I didn't accuse you of anything.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So, what you all seem to be saying here is that the civil war was actually a war of liberty vs. centralized government ruled by an elite class. Is that about right?

Just kiddin I know you were all compelled by an all powerful unseen force to stroll down false left vs. right paradigm lane again. :laugh:

In their own way I guess liberals and conservatives both love big intrusive government. Other wise we'd today have a republican form of limited constitutional government intstead of being lorded over and robbed blind by an elite class of international kleptocrats.

#112 poncho, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
  13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! Poncho, You Don't Mince Your words... do you?

Thanks for reminding many of us that there is a right way and a wrong way to govern this nation. Unfortunately, those in elected positions - from city to county to state to the federal government - are playing games that will eventually bring this once great republic to its knees.

The government under both the left and right has grown - like a fast moving, ever consuming tumor - and unless something is done soon to remove this rapidly growing cancer, we will all pay the price of its deadly effects.

Thanks for your strong words.

Pastor Paul

14. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Being present in the United States illegally is not a crime.

15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From Whence Did You Draw that Conclusion???

I'm really trying to understand where some folks are drawing their facts from, and you could help me with the exact laws you have to support that statement... Thanks!

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Ok, these look like facts.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The original design of the American government was that the only "authority" the central government was to have was powers delegated to it by the free, independent, and sovereign states in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution. All others are the responsibility of the people, respectively, and the states, according to the Tenth Amendment, which Thomas Jefferson considered to be the cornerstone of the document. These powers were delegated to the central government for the benefit of the sovereign states, who appointed the central government as their agent – mostly for issues regarding war and foreign policy – by adopting the Constitution. That’s why treason is defined by the U.S. Constitution in Article 3, Section 3, as follows: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in waging War against them, or adhering to their Enemies, and giving them Aid and Comfort . . ." As in all the founding documents, "United States" is in the plural, signifying that the free and independent states were united in delegating certain enumerated powers for their own mutual benefit. Thus, "waging War against them" means the states. Waging war against the free and independent states is what constitutes treason under the U.S. Constitution. That’s why Lincoln’s invasion of the Southern states was the very definition of Treason. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]As I wrote in The Real Lincoln, the one unequivocal good that came of Lincoln’s war was the abolition of slavery. But the worst thing that came of it – the thing that was the real purpose of the war – was the centralization of virtually all political power in Washington, D.C., and the essential death of the Jeffersonian system of states’ rights or federalism that was the essence of the pre-war Constitution. After 1865, the federal government became the sole decision maker with regard to the limits of its own powers. It exercised this decision-making power through the federal judiciary and, as the Jeffersonians had always warned, it eventually declared that there were, in fact, no limits to its powers. [/FONT]

READ ON

#116 poncho, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
  17. FR7 Baptist

Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996

Being present illegally in the United States is not a crime.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bub you need to reread that post.

19. FR7 Baptist

Bub, you need to stop reading things in to my posts. I did not contradict myself. I didn't say being present in the United States illegally is not illegal. Being present illegally in the United States is not a crime.

20. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

That seems to just be his way, unfortunately.

You do bring up a valid point, which should also be obvious.