1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Confession

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by jim62, Apr 30, 2012.

1. jim62

jim62 New Member

CONFESSION CAN SET FREE FROM SIN: Do you know the story of Emperor Frederick the Great's visit to Potsdam Prison? Frederick spoke to each prisoner asking each one, "Why are you in prison?" The first said, "I don't really belong here. I am innocent." Another claimed, " I really shouldn't be here. I didn't get a fair trial." Still another said, "I'm not to blame; it is society's fault." One after another told the emperor that they were really innocent. They were victims of the system. They were unjustly imprisoned. One man sat quietly in the corner saying nothing. The emperor eventually asked him, "Whom do you blame for your imprisonment?" The old prisoner surprised the ruler as he said, "Nobody, sir. I am guilty and richly deserve my sentence." The emperor called the warden and said, "Come get this man out of here before he corrupts all these innocent men." CONFESSION SET HIM FREE.

2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great insights here. I am guilty and due my just rewards.