1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Confessions of a Columbia Evangelical Seminary Mentor

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, May 10, 2010.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dear Sir,

Tell me of your family circumstances.

Tell me of your calling.

Tell me of your passions.

Tell me of your formal education.

I am mentoring three students just now at the Founders Online Academy. One can do up to 24 hours through this program with mentors like myself, then the hours can be transferred into an MDiv program at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary or Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. And it only costs $120.00 per course. You cannot beat that.

And it will give you a good idea what seminary is like and will certainly get you started. My thoughts. And again I will offer my help to you any way that I can. Feel free to call and talk. I will give you my personal number if you desire. I would suggest you to to Founders.org and check out the program. And I must add that all three of these young men I am presently working with are just about where you are in their own life's process of discerning the call and "what they want to be when they grow up" (LOL!).

sdg!

rd

2. EVChris

EVChris New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am truly grateful. I will private message you via the "Conversation" function. Thank you.

3. Rhetorician

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, I do not know how to use that function. I am up to my armpits in alligators just now with writing and editing projects, coupled with "wall to wall" grandchildren I am helping to raise. Why don't you call me at 901.752.4580 sometime in the AM between 9 - 11 and we will talk. Is that possible?

rsvp when possible.

rd

4. Rhetorician

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dear EVChris,

I would add one thing, whatever you do please do a regionally accredited program. That way you will have what you have paid to get if and when you want to do further graduate work. Costs more but makes more sense in the long term.

And boy do I have an idea for you when we talk!!!!

Think about it.

rd

5. EVChris

EVChris New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sir, I’m sorry I was not available for that time. Do you have any other times available today? And what time zone are you in? Thank you.

6. Rhetorician

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dear EVChris,

I did some research and found some things that might make you take notice, done after our phone call. Check out this hyperlink and get back to me.

Cheap, Distance Learning Alternatives to an MFA in Creative Writing | HuffPost

OK?

rd

PS I found a good article with some thoughts you might want to read: What Can You Do With a Creative Writing Degree? | HuffPost

PPS Another good article I ran across: So You Want to Get an MFA?: An Open Letter to My Students | HuffPost

#26 Rhetorician, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018