1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Confessions of a Social Conservative

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Why Rudy can be the Right’s guy.

"A growing number of social conservatives are supporting Rudy Giuliani because there is much common ground that we share. As Republicans and as Americans, what brings us together is far greater than what drives us apart. George Will has called Rudy’s time as mayor of New York “the most successful episode of conservative governance in this country in the last 50 years.” That testimonial is not simply a recognition of his unmatched fiscal record, but is a statement borne of the understanding that Rudy, for years, fought on the front lines of the culture war — in the very heart of American liberalism. "

"Much has been made of Rudy’s position on abortion and the concern it has caused members of the pro-life movement. But as a committed pro-lifer, let me explain why I am entirely comfortable with Rudy Giuliani as the Republican nominee, and why I know he will be a far better friend to social conservatives than Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama........"

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NDdmZjU2YzJlOWM3NDQzMDUyNDQ1NTExMDg2ODEzZDY=

#1 Ps104_33, Oct 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2007
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is sad to see the direction that National Review has taken since William F. Buckley stopped being the driving force behind it.

3. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Rationalization!