1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Confessions of an Anti-Iraq War Democrat: Memories of a Purple Finger

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ..........So why risk the uncertainties of a preemptive invasion, loss of life and treasure, and diverting our attention from 9/11 and the war against terror, which most U.S. intelligence indicated had nothing to do with Saddam?

Of course, all these remain good reasons for opposing starting the war, even as I look back now.

But then came my first moment of doubt.

I saw on TV in early 2005, in their first preliminary democratic elections, long lines of Iraqis waiting to vote under the hot desert sun with bombs and shrapnel exploding around them. Waiting to vote!

And then there was that indelible image — an older woman shrouded in a carpet-like cape, smiling gleefully and holding her purple finger in the air for the TV cameras, purple with ink showing that she had voted.

Smiling! In the middle of war! At U.S. troops standing nearby!........

More Here

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So touching and so reasonable yet so unconstitutional.

Get democratized or we'll shoot ya all. Oh yeah and the international community get's the lion's share of your resources as pay back. It's our right now. We helped you. You owe us. Good news though American taxpayers love for us to spend their grand kids future to "help" others. Wink wink.

It's called guilt it works like that.
    Pure Pentagon message force multiplication so many Iraqi's either fled the country or got killed in the fighting the number of Iraqi's left to kill got lower.

Only on Faux. C'mon Rev don't tell me you still trust any of this Pentagon MFM stuff after they got caught red handed manipulating the facts in order to manipulate you.

Aren't you upset that your own government would manipulate you like that?

#2 poncho, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2008
  3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Should we really send our young men and women to a foreign battlefield to die in order to force our system of government on another country. I say no. But of course that wasn't what the war was all about anyway. It was because of the fact that Saddam Hussein had started to denominate oil in Euro's instead of U.S. dollars.

A continuation and spread of that practice would have caused a massive dumping of the dollar and the collapse of our economy.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's not even our form of government were forcing on others it's more like international corporatism. Iraq is about a few things. Oil the obvious. It's real estate isn't much to write home about but it's location location location is all anyone could ask if they were planning to control Eurasia and need forward bases to do it from.

Remember how fondly Condi talked about a "new middle east"?

CLICK HERE to find out. I've read his book, have it right next to me now.

Who is Obama's foreign policy adviser? Passing the baton.

#4 poncho, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2008