1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Confirmed: Obamacare a Job Killer

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Feb 11, 2011.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...-reduce-employment-800000-workers_547288.html

CBO Director Says Obamacare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers
    2:37 PM, Feb 10, 2011 • By JEFFREY H. ANDERSON

Testifying today before the House Budget Committee, Congressional Budget Office (CBO) Director Doug Elmendorf confirmed that Obamacare is expected to reduce the number of jobs in the labor market by an estimated 800,000.

2. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I was head deep in my MBA work and studies in economics when this was coming out. For the life of me, I could not figure out how the administration was saying it was going to create jobs. All that I knew about economics said that this was going to cause more debt (they said it wasn't) and fewer jobs.

As well, it will also harm smaller businesses and make the "mega company" more powerful. I didn't hear the administration deny or refute this charge, but they did say it would help smaller businesses.

This is a reason why such bills should be researched and thoroughly investigated before voting. Essentially, the administration either used false numbers or refused to tell the whole story. Either way, politics won out because some people wanted a bill so bad that they would rather conceal truth than reveal it and debate it.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ruiz....I will use two "R" words....Rigged & Racket :laugh: ..... Then I will throw Rooster in for fun

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A bureaucrat says something about a government program that hasn't even been implemented yet, and that's confirmation?

Now, don't get me wrong, I expect Obamacare to be bad for employment, I just think your thread title is phrased wrong.

5. targus

targus New Member

The CBO's job is to make projections on the numbers before bills are passed.

The CBO actually issued a report that the Obama healthscare bill would cost billions - not save money - and cost jobs - not create them.

The CBO report was prepared before the vote - but Obama sat on it and did not pass the information along to Congress because he did not want them to have the facts. He just wanted the bill to pass.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is just one of the many lies told by liberals to pass this garbage legislation.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think of all the people who will be needed for the funding, staffing and maintaining the massive bureaucracies, the end-of-life hospices, abortion clinics, for the salaries of the czars and their staffs, funding for the building, maintaining and staffing of prisons for those who refuse to buy health insurance and the building, maintaining and staffing of the re-education facilities for those who eat too much fat and/or sugar, consume too many calories, too little fiber, etc, etc...

HankD

#7 HankD, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forgot the 160,000 IRS agents that will need to be hired. :laugh:

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really. It's a net loss of 800,000 jobs.

That doesn't include the 500,000 insurance company employees Obama and his ilk are hoping to eventually put on the street.

10. mandym

mandym New Member

No doubt it is a confirmed job killer. Especially given the Obama admin withheld the info.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonder what else we wern't told.

HankD