1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Congrats Arkansas

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Mar 15, 2008.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Congrats Ken, Stefan, and other Hogs. A poorly officiated game (it's an SEC game, isn't it?) but a classic up and down game that could've gone on like that forever. I hope you guys win the tourney and shut up the people who say y'all don't belong. I still say your coach is coach of the year in the SEC

2. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I am a huge hog fan....but it wasnt televised where I live so I watched it on Yahoo sports on the internet.

Wow, what a game!

Pelphrey is gonna be a good one I believe.

Sorry bout your Vols, I hope ya'll show em up in the NCAA tourny.

AJ

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hate to be less than perfectly classy when you give such a gracious congratulations, but I just can't stand Bruce Pearl or his players.

In any case, I'll be hoping that the Vols win every game they play except for games against Memphis and Arkansas!

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I cannot understand the acrimony that Bruce and the players to a lesser extent receive. Bruce is enthusiastic, and I know in the starch shirted world of college athletics, that isn't popular. He doesn't call out other coaches. He doesn't strike his players. He disciplines his players for things that get no discipline at other schools. He has a lot of pride in his school and is a class act.

Bruce and the players do something that almost no one does anymore. During pregame introductions, after the national anthem, everyone sits and the people go back to their bench. Not Pearl and the Vols. They wait until the colors are retired (flag leaves the scene) which is what you're supposed to do. Bruce drills this into his players, and I appreciate him for it.

But since you seem to like Ark and Mem, I could see why you're jealous..I mean, you don't like Pearl or the Vols :)

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gotta win 'em when they count! :thumbs:

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, Tom. All three SEC tournament games today were excellent.

Best wishes to the Volunteers in the NCAA tournament.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

They all count :) Mem's unbeaten streak and perfect record getting blemished certainly counted. Ark's loss at Tenn put them out of the West race. And Ark's win over TN stopped UT from sweeping the Reg season and tourney titles and may jeopardize a #1 seed in the tourney while helping Arks tourney resume. (I'd love it if Ark gets in and bumps out KY, but that'll never happen). So they all count :thumbs: