1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Congress can't even hold to the average American work week!

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by snrsvdbygrc, Jan 15, 2007.

1. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

Does this really surprise anyone?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243643,00.html

First we claim to hold them to higher standards but we really don't care if they even work for our tax dollars. Be nice if we could see how much time the person we are voting for actually puts into his/her job!

2. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

This article doesn't tell us anything, really. It lets us know when congress is in session and when votes are taking place, but for the most part, your rep is not even there then. They do have a lot to do outside of the dome that is work.

3. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Like give speeches and raise money in order to win the next election.

4. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

Like anybody, I get a little cynical about politicians, but I also know that guaging how much they work by counting their time in the dome is like saying a pastor only works two days a week.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

No, there are meetings with various officials, as well as citizens that come to his office. There is a lot of reading to do. There is no way, they can read every bill that comes before the, but they should at lest skim through them.
    Of course, we expect him to attend parades and other funcitons in his congressional district.

Newspapers, TV, Radio stations and other media are constantly interviewing them. In additon, they are often on local radio talk shows.

This is like someone saying your preacher only works one hour a week on Sunday morning. Pastors and most members know the real truth.

Salty

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Call me simple but I think we, the American people, are better off when those turkeys are not in Washington. If you ask me, the less they work the better. However I would propose a drastic cut in pay for all of them. :wavey:

7. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would too but they are the ones that vote on it.