1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Congressional Black Caucus Doublespeak

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 18, 2005.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCommentary.asp?Page=\Commentary\archive\200510\COM20051018a.html

Congressional Black Caucus Doublespeak
    By David Thibault
    CNSNews.com Commentary
    October 18, 2005

It's not that I was surprised to see U.S. Rep. Melvin Watt, the North Carolina Democrat and member of the Congressional Black Caucus go on national television Friday night and lie about what he had told a member of my staff earlier in the day. What surprises me is the ease with which racists like Watt use doublespeak when it suits their purposes and how media titans, even Fox News' Bill O'Reilly, allow the doublespeak to go unchallenged.

During a Friday hearing held by the National Commission on the Voting Rights Act, which incidentally is another thinly disguised attempt to moan and groan about Democratic losses in each of the last two presidential elections and is sponsored by a who's who of Leftist organizations, Watt alleged that "white people ... will not consider voting for an African American candidate." He later amended this a bit, asserting that "some of them (whites) would."

SNIP

Among other things, the CBC endorsed the Millions More Movement -- the just concluded hate-fest on The Mall in Washington, D.C., featuring Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, apparently during a respite from his travel aboard UFOs.

The conspiratorial claptrap and the venom expressed toward whites and police officers at the event are by now all too familiar. For example, Michael Muhammad, national youth minister of the Nation of Islam, uttered the following.

"We want to say to our young brothers of the Bloods and of the Crips that we are one family. The real enemy does not wear red nor, necessarily, blue, but white, even when he's butt naked."