1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Congressional Democrats Favored in 2006 Congressional Elections

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by KenH, Jan 6, 2006.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need Congressional oversight of the executive branch. The GOP isn't doing it. Maybe the Democrats will.

Story LINK

2. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

3. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

I could find just as many stories claiming the GOP is going to win the election, it is still too early to tell. To get a good feel of the election season we'll have to wait until all the candidates are announced and the campaigns are up and running openly. At this point there are too many questions.

As for needing Congressional oversight of the executive, I tend to disagree. We need executive oversight of the Congress. Not one veto in 6 years? I have a hard time believing that all of the bills passed through Congress have been worth having.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The lack of vetoes does not speak well for President Bush on domestic issues, especially on federal spending.

5. larry9179

larry9179 New Member

President Bush has been too liberal for conservatives and too conservative for liberals. He's been bogged down ever since he 'stole' the election from what was his name? Other than the war on terror, I can't tell where he's accomplished much else. I do like the fact that Bush's first official act as President was to declare a National Day of Prayer, while Bill Clinton's first official act was to sodomize the military. G.W. is no Ronald Reagan, but he's a decent and caring man. Carter used to be a decent man, but now I'm not so sure.

I'd never vote Democrat as long as it means what it means today; but Republicans have failed to take advantage of their majority and make some real changes that would benefit Americans. If the Libertarians can come up with a decent candidate, I may switch my party allegiance.

I believe all politicians start off wanting to make the nation a better place, but somewhere along the line they start selling out. Most probably can't remember when they crossed the line, but once they have, it seems that all they know to do is to try to hold on to that power and maybe hope they'll recapture the passion and purpose they had when they first sought office.

As much as I rant about liberals, I do know that God has the heart of the rulers of this world. His will will be accomplished. I just want to be inside His will.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not unusual, indeed it is normal, for mid term elections to favor the out of power party.

The question in this case is , how much?