1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Congressional failures just forced the Marines to raid a museum for aircraft parts

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Mar 31, 2016.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.militarytimes.com/story/...rts-museum-raid-aviation-thornberry/82416918/

Congressional failures just forced the Marines to raid a museum for aircraft parts

Marine aviation squadrons are salvaging aircraft parts from museums in order to keep planes flying, according to anecdotes from a key congressional leader.

During a recent trip to several Southern U.S. military bases, Marines told House Armed Services Committee Chairman Mac Thornberry, R-Texas, that they've been paying for their units' supplies like pens and paper towels, and were forced to raid decommissioned aircraft for parts.

SNIP

Lt. Gen. Glen Walters, the Corps’ deputy commandant for programs and resources, told lawmakers earlier this month that budget cuts have left the entire service “under-resourced” for spare parts.

The Marine Corps has requested $460 million from Congress in fiscal 2017, some of which would buy spare parts for aircraft, but aviation readiness is not expected to fully recover until at least 2020.

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

The last year that I was in, we NCOs were taking turns buying toilet paper and cleaning supplies for our company. What upset me is the fact that the company/battalion didn't have money for those things, but we had hundreds of dollars of computers, obsolete equipment, etc just sitting around unused.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This reminds me of what we were reading about the Russian army way back before the Soviet Union disolved! Could we be next?