1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conscience and Free Will

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by inpeace, Jun 19, 2005.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Sorry Wes I didn't mean to upset you. I just wondered how a wll constrained is a will that is free. Just sounds contradictory to me don't it to you? Surely if the will can be constrained by knowledge and experience then it can be constrained in other ways? But if it is constrained it is constrained not free?
    Why is it still called free will and not will under control because that is what it is? It is under control of what though?

Wanna bet? But you argue now about how hot or not it is in Hell? How do you do that when you don't believe in Hell?

RO 5:20 The law was added so that the trespass might increase. You do not know that?

The will is like rocket fuel that launches you towards the target you have chosen but it is of no use because the guidance system is knackered. The will is a force that tries to accomplish your desires. It is bound to what you are as the rocket fuel is bound to the misguided missle.
    What is your definition without the dictionary?
    They are very nice people at Merriam Webster. They always reply to queries and are very helpful. I'll plug them. :cool:

john.

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Your view is myopic! There are many who do not do what their heart desires! During the 8 years that my mother suffered from Alzheimers, my desire was to be away so that I did not have to confront this body whose mind and spirit did not recognize me. However, I stayed to make sure that my mother received the best care possible. My will was to be away, my duty was to remain with her, after all, she never abandoned me when I was in distress.

Yes sir, you view is very myopic.

3. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

It is still my will to use as I SEE FIT! Regardless of the constraints that I put on my will I remain free to use it for my purposes. NO ONE CAN constrain another's will! Indeed Paul supports that when he says that "against these things there is no law" What were those things? the Fruits of the Spirit (one's will)!

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Can you cite the post in which I declared that I don't believe in Hell?

5. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    Yes I can. :cool:

john.

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

When a law is passed and implement in the civil environment, it does not mean that there is an increase in the transgression, it merely means that it is now a 'recordable' offense, and records get kept were none were previously kept. Thus you see and increase in transgression!

Don't you know that?

7. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Is there such a thing as definition without a dictionary?

8. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    You see an increase in transgressions in civil law? Before the law it was not prohibited! :cool: Laws cause criminals. It is not an increase is it?
    It is fruit of the Spirit for a very good reason. One must be God to produce that fruit.
    You seem to do alright with predestine, atonement, redeemer and so forth without the normal understanding of the words.

john.

9. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

in each instance you cite, I went to the dictionary to make sure of my understanding of the word. You should try it sometime.

10. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

If it wasn't against the law, the act was a violation of something, else no law would have been written!

11. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    Where do you live?

john.

12. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Where do you live?

john.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Where I live has no bearing on this thought!

13. rc

rc New Member

My will was to be away, my duty was to remain with her, after all, she never abandoned me when I was in distress.

Again you misunderstand the will. Your will is what you desire the MOST. You just proved MY point. Your desire of your duty to your mother was MORE than your desire to go away. You chose what you desired most! You are confusing your will with the feelings that go along WITH the choice. Just because you choose something that doesn't make you as happy as another does not in any way negate the desire of what was most important.

14. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

NO! My obligation to my mother was greater than my will for myself!