1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Consequences of the Warning Passages in Hebrews

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Faith alone, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

J. Jump][/b]

Again thank you for proving my point. You have "a lot" of things that you believe that you "cannot prove" yet you insist that everyone believe like you or they are a heretic.

I mean does anything else need to be said? I don't think so.

Well, I gues you can prove everything that you believe down to the tiniest detail. Do you use Faust's book to do that? Still, there are many things that I can prove and have proved against your wicked doctrine. I note that you ignored the scripture I posted on Heb. 4:1-6 . Too much for you, eh? I am waiting for you to prove that theye were all saved that left Egypt. That will prove my points.-- Herb Evans

Why do you want to hear my take on it Herb? You aren't going to believe me anyway. You are already determined that what I believe is false so why do you want me to explain a falsity to you. That makes no sense.

Well, that is one way of getting out of it without committing yourself. Nice dodge! -- herb Evans

If they want to see me all they have to do is ask. They don't need your biased opinions of me! Let them make up their own mind or do you have to think for everyone?

No, I just give them the info, they can do what they want with it. -- herb Evans

What a load . . . Just becuase he hadn't heard of it doesn't mean I was being deceptive. You really do need to catch a clue. And when he asked I shared with him an answer. If he truly wants to know more I will share more.

I did not say that you were deceptive, but you were not anxious for folks to know all at once. I guess I ruined that. -- Hreb Evans

Wow you must have the same superhuman powers that others on this board think they have. Sir you do not know me. Please don't act like you do. You don't have a clue.

No, not hardly, but it is the spirit of man that knows the spirit of man. I can see a con coming a mile away, being a former street kid. -- Herb Evans

Well let's all roll over and give you a cookie.

Choclate chip, but not too many due to my diabetes. -- Hreb Evans

You'll have to answer for that was well, but I was talking about your attitude toward others. If you will have to answer for that whether you think you will or not.

For having contempt for false peophets? Never. Maybe your god is on a journey. -- Herb Evans

Again you show your ignorance in that you think that just because someone believes this way they must be a Faustite. Let me clear the air again. I have never met Joey Faust. And I have never read his book. I don't even own the book.

Well, then for you to be one by osmosis, you are pretty good. -- Herb Evans

There are a couple of things that I know he teaches that I don't agree with, because James and I have discussed them.

Well, do you want a cookie? -- Herb Evans

So again just more proof from the lips of the horse that you don't know what you are talking about. But please keep posting becuase you are just continuing to mount the case against you.

Well, just more proof that you are a heretic, so you keep posting one liners and I will answer them with one liners. -- Herb Evans

You really are a funny old man. An objection was not placed in front of me to answer. I asked you for Scripture two or three times and it took a third post before you even posted any Scripture and then you only posted a Scripture that doesn't "prove" your point, but leads you to your speculation.

Yes, I gave it to you and you ignored it and can't even provide a scripure to the negative to answer your own request and mine. I gues you think all I have to do is respond to ankle biters. -- Herb Evans

And there is no evading it's just called not wasting my time with someone who doesn't want to hear anyway. You believe you have the truth, so you can live with it and answer for it on that day. But don't come at me with this nonsense that I win because you don't put up a fight garbage

Well, that is another nice dodge. Did you every consider taking up bull fighting? Don't try that with the IRS! They have a name for it. -- Herb Evans

2. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

Again you "JUMP" in where you shouldn't and get your foot in your mouth. I posted the scriptural foundation. You Faustites think you smell blood and go into a feeding frenzy, like a pack of wolves. Come to think of it, that is what you are. You can't be sheep and believe as you do or can you?-- Herb Evans

#162 Herb Evans, Dec 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2006
  3. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

Well, there you have the weasel wording to get out of what they teach. Jumpy once categorized it as two plans of salvation but Herb Evans dare not. What in the world does past present and future have to do with it, when eternity and the kingom are both future? Spiritual and soulical salvation? Now, that is a novel approach to be saved from hellfire in eternity and hellfire during the kingdom. Did you get the denying that man is body, soul, and spirit thingie? Who did that? And this guy is setting himself up as a martyr, a victim?
    What a crock! -- Herb Evans :sleep:

4. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

Yes, I vaguely heard of it. Isn't that the one with all the modernist professors in their colleges? But you could cite the JW's. Almost every JW that I run into used to be a Baptist. Conclusion? Our churches are filled with lost people not people who are saved and get lost. -- Herb Evans

5. drfuss

drfuss New Member

I see. So many members of Baptist churches just believe they are saved, but they are not really saved. Too bad.

As a believer in conditional security, I know I am a Christian now because I am trusting Christ as my Savior. Since I am going to continue to trust Christ, I know I am secure. Apparently, if one believes in eternal security, he does not know for sure now if he is one of those that just thinks he is a Christain or if he is a real Christian.

Sounds to me like one who believes in conditional security is more secure that one who believes in eternal security.

6. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

I don't much care what theological term folks use for things, as long as they make it clear to others. I doubt very many folks will understand your new term. What saved folks know for sure is their experience. I know what my experience is and I know that I am saved for and through eternity. The Bible tells us that the saved person has the witness in himself. -- Herb Evans

7. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

It sounds that way to me, too, sometimes...

8. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since this seems to have turned into a spitting match (not to be too vulgar about it), the thread is serving no useful purpose and is closed. In the future, try to keep the vitriol and belittling to a minimum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.